Open letter to Mr Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just a falsehood. There is so much more that football clubs do these days, whether it be community programmes, womens & wheelchair football, or the business side.

You sound as if you have never worked in a large multinational organization. As you clearly don’t understand what they actually get up to……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think happens in a down turn and employers ask their employees to take leave without pay or enforce annual leave. Or got to a 4’day week. Many work places have gone down this path. For the betterment of the organization.

Yeah you can stand your ground. But that won’t end well.

Well what sort of down turn is happening at Collingwood? There is no such extenuating circumstance. We're on the up and apparently over our salary cap issues. Moving Grundy's money is more about positioning us for the future and perhaps bringing in some new players.

I mean if he's not a wanted player at Collingwood, then it's better for both parties that he moves on because that relationship will eventually become untenable. I have a issue with the statement "Grundy needs to do the right thing and take a pay cut." So he is to blame for this? If you're Grundy, you might think why do I have to take a pay cut? Can't each player in the wider squad take a $25,000 pay cut?

Back to my point. If your boss came to you and only asked you to take a pay cut so they can hire 1 more person, would you oblige? Especially when things are going well at that workplace and there is no extenuating circumstance. You might (and I salute you for that if you do) but I think the majority (including me) would not.

Collingwood offered him the contract. They had a choice not to. Grundy accepted that contract. He had a choice not to. At the end of the day they both agreed to it. You've made your bed.

Either:
1. Grundy stays and we don't give as much money to uncontracted players and limit the talent we bring in.
2. Grundy leaves and we absorb a % of that contract, or his new team takes on the full contract but we get less trade compensation back.

You sound as if you have never worked in a large multinational organization. As you clearly don’t understand what they actually get up to……

I'd rather sound like that than sound like somebody who hasn't realised that Collingwood operates in a professional, 21st century environment.

Well what sort of down turn is happening at Collingwood? There is no such extenuating circumstance. We're on the up and apparently over our salary cap issues. Moving Grundy's money is more about positioning us for the future and perhaps bringing in some new players.

I mean if he's not a wanted player at Collingwood, then it's better for both parties that he moves on because that relationship will eventually become untenable. I have a issue with the statement "Grundy needs to do the right thing and take a pay cut." So he is to blame for this? If you're Grundy, you might think why do I have to take a pay cut? Can't each player in the wider squad take a $25,000 pay cut?

Back to my point. If your boss came to you and only asked you to take a pay cut so they can hire 1 more person, would you oblige? Especially when things are going well at that workplace and there is no extenuating circumstance. You might (and I salute you for that if you do) but I think the majority (including me) would not.

Collingwood offered him the contract. They had a choice not to. Grundy accepted that contract. He had a choice not to. At the end of the day they both agreed to it. You've made your bed.

Either:
1. Grundy stays and we don't give as much money to uncontracted players and limit the talent we bring in.
2. Grundy leaves and we absorb a % of that contract, or his new team takes on the full contract but we get less trade compensation back.

Don’t get your knickers all twisted. You’re the one who posed the boss question and was responded to in kind.

Now you want to change the parameters of that question by adding some caveats.

There are many permutations and combinations at play. Grundy can make whatever decision he likes. Just as Collingwood can. And I believe when all is said and done, the outcome will be in the best interests of the club.

Always willing to give you a much-needed reality check Ronnie, xx

Keep the LOLS coming…….

What alternate universes reality do you reside in. The same as your moniker…..

I don’t venture down those neck of the woods.

I get it now. Only premierships matter.

The more I think on it, I can't believe that Grundy doesn't commit to self-immolation in the absence of a premiership. It should be in the contract. Less soy, more sacrifice.

For myself, I feel more like a winner. I will even try to avoid public transport for the rest of my life, because PT is for losers.

That’s your problem. Seeing success in not winning Flags. Just ends in acceptance of mediocrity.

There is only one measure of a successful club. And you know what that is…..

Premierships. That’s all that counts.

No s**t Sherlock

Keep the LOLS coming…….

What alternate universes reality do you reside in. The same as your moniker…..

I don’t venture down those neck of the woods.

You need to listen to more Pink Floyd.

It’s taken you a while. But glad to see you’re on board now.

Now if only you can convince some of your mates we can all move on and win another.

Stop talking s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s taken you a while. But glad to see you’re on board now.

Now if only you can convince some of your mates we can all move on and win another.

Oh Ron, yes, please tell me what I must do to help us win another flag.

Dust off that Dufflecoat and cheer cheer cheer.

Some might say that you're tiresome and repetitive, but I think you know lots of stuff, and you are a smashing promotion for abstinence.

Dust off that Dufflecoat and cheer cheer cheer.

You think you’re the only one who wants a flag? It’s incredible that you are still permitted to post your sanctimonious tripe. Telling Collingwood supporters that the only thing that matters is flags is pure trolling.

I can’t recall your previous username but have no doubt you’ll be back after the next ban.

Isn’t Ronnie overdue for his next R&R?

What’s amazing is that you are the guys entering into a mental gymnastics battle. Not understanding that you’re competing against Nadia Comaneci. And not just some 5th grade educated individual. And when you can’t get your ways you cry foul.

I’ve received just as much vitriol if not more from many of you. I don’t whinge about it as it serves no purpose. There have been some comments I have also enjoyed and had a chuckle.

Just for the record. This is the same account I have had since 2003. Since I started on the message boards. I’m not that intelligent to use other accounts. Nor do I care to.

However, don’t be those guys who like to dish it out. And then can’t handle it when it comes back. I’ll never block anyone as I don’t believe in censorship.

All your indignations towards the comment regarding, winning Premierships was the be all and end all. For such a simplistic statement, it has evoked such condescension. But if you look at it this way. Buckley was part of Collingwood for over 25 years. And he never won one. I’m certain that was his only objective. But it never happened. It may seem like a simplistic view. But it should be our only view. So when decisions need to get made on fan favorites or highly regarded players. That are in the best interests of the team success. It’s those in charge that should be making them based on just those premises. Winning premierships.

If you think my comments on Grundy are proving contentious. You guys will be losing your minds when I make the cases against Sidey, Howe and Adams. And what I believe should be happening.

We can leave those for after the season ends.

What’s amazing is that you are the guys entering into a mental gymnastics battle. Not understanding that you’re competing against Nadia Comaneci. And not just some 5th grade educated individual. And when you can’t get your ways you cry foul.

I’ve received just as much vitriol if not more from many of you. I don’t whinge about it as it serves no purpose. There have been some comments I have also enjoyed and had a chuckle.

Just for the record. This is the same account I have had since 2003. Since I started on the message boards. I’m not that intelligent to use other accounts. Nor do I care to.

However, don’t be those guys who like to dish it out. And then can’t handle it when it comes back. I’ll never block anyone as I don’t believe in censorship.

All your indignations towards the comment regarding, winning Premierships was the be all and end all. For such a simplistic statement, it has evoked such condescension. But if you look at it this way. Buckley was part of Collingwood for over 25 years. And he never won one. I’m certain that was his only objective. But it never happened. It may seem like a simplistic view. But it should be our only view. So when decisions need to get made on fan favorites or highly regarded players. That are in the best interests of the team success. It’s those in charge that should be making them based on just those premises. Winning premierships.

If you think my comments on Grundy are proving contentious. You guys will be losing your minds when I make the cases against Sidey, Howe and Adams. And what I believe should be happening.

We won’t lose our minds because you don’t matter.
None of us do.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with a bit of self-promotion. Good for you, Ron!

This is perhaps the mother of all self-fellating posts. Hall of fame

I was actually thinking of putting up a predictor on who’d comment first.

I was spot on.

Gouki loves following. Try some original thought. At least Jmac went in first. I appreciate the diplomacy JB.

Even though this is fun. I’m really enjoying watching the Brions getting there arses spread at the GABBA to the tune of 11 goals at half time. It’s far more satisfying than self-fellating……

I was actually thinking of putting up a predictor on who’d comment first.

I was spot on.

Gouki loves following. Try some original thought. At least Jmac went in first. I appreciate the diplomacy JB.

Even though this is fun. I’m really enjoying watching the Brions getting there arses spread at the GABBA to the tune of 11 goals at half time. It’s far more satisfying than self-fellating……

Not quite as self-fellating as your previous post, but nonetheless displaying such a sense of self-importance as to think people care about piling on in response to your posts.

Bears are rubbish. Zorko is a grub of a captain - unfit to shine the boots of our skipper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back