Open Mike - Mike Fitzpatrick

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love to deliver a super witty response....but I don’t get it.

Vander has made a living selling/building pools and spas since his playing days mate

Any odds on who the opposition player was?

Surely the snivelling Judd.

Well he does like sniping others when they can't defend themselves, just ask Michael Rischitelli

Fitzpatrick's reference to the Supplements Scandal and his knowledge of the events at EFC, re-emphasise what a crock the CAS verdict was against the players.

What ever happened to that video of him giving the doping in sport speech where he didn’t know he was being filmed, talked a huge amount of s**t, it disappeared from the net which is unheard of

I was there. Priceless!!

Same. My dad couldn't be there, so when he picked us up, he was double parked outside the ground. Hoards of Essendon supporters had left before Neale Daniher's exploits & the one point win.

My dad had the radio on, and yelled out 'ESSENDON'S HIT THE FRONT!!!"

People surrounded his car, and some even jumped back off the tram to come & listen to the finale...

Awesome day.

Allegedly...Mike Fitzpatrick said something at a golf course, and someone he trusted blabbed.

Allegedly a key Essendon employee found out about it.

Allegedly when one of our loyal servants decided to take the AFL on instead of rolling over, the AFL got wind of what we knew.

The case was settled out of court.

Last edited:
I regularly see this guy at 120 Collins St where I work. Needless to
say I get very upset when I see him swagger in.

Just a word of warning guys.

We are united in our passion for the Bombers and our mistrust & dislike for this guy for his unjust and biased approach to our once great club.

But my wife - a lawyer has said that people can get done for defamation & slander even on an anonymous site like this one.

Protect yourself & your family, and
be careful what you say!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fitzpatrick's reference to the Supplements Scandal and his knowledge of the events at EFC, re-emphasise what a crock the CAS verdict was against the players.

It's also goes to show that he never lost his club colours.

Do we believe that Carlton deserved an AFLW licence? How do they continue to get games on Friday nights, etc?

I have no doubt that he did what he could to influence decisions that were made in the favour of Carlton.

Same. My dad couldn't be there, so when he picked us up, he was double parked outside the ground. Hoards of Essendon supporters had left before Neale Daniher's exploits & the one point win.

My dad had the radio on, and yelled out 'ESSENDON'S HIT THE FRONT!!!"

People surrounded his car, and some even jumped back off the tram to come & listen to the finale...

Awesome day.
Me and my Twin brother were there with my dearly departed uncle. Never once would we leave before the end of the game. Most times we would stay well after the siren as my uncle would write down all the final scores of the other games and work out percentage & ladder positions before we caught the old red rattler home.

Things were different back then, no live ladder apps!!

The contrast of the Fitzpatrick interview with that of Crameri's which was just shown on fox footy was quite stark, one baring all with integrity, the other slithering along flat on his belly...I'll leave it to you guys to work out which is which...

We are united in our passion for the Bombers and our mistrust & dislike for this guy for his unjust and biased approach to our once great club.

But my wife - a lawyer has said that people can get done for defamation & slander even on an anonymous site like this one.

LVdbDcd.jpg

Come and sue me Mr FITZPATRICK YOU LOW LIFE PIECE OF SCUM.

lol

source.gif

I had to sit across from him in a meeting at his office there a few months after the players were given a year in 2016. Excruciating 30 minutes.
Considered blowing up the deal we were working on just to call him a Emily Seebohm

He’s clearly never gotten over the time wasting free kick against him and the great Neale Daniher kicking 2 in 5 minutes to sink the scum in 1981 - at Princess Park.

GAGF Fitzpatrick.

What I found extraordinary about the "Open Mike" programme was the claim by Fitzpatrick that the free kick against him was an invented rule, and I got the impression that Sheahan was prepared to accept the claim...I remember the event happening and at the time, and still do now, believe that Ian Robinson as umpire got it right. It did exist but wasn't applied very often but was there available for umpires - and it turns out from years earlier there was a precedent:
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/4754763

What I found extraordinary about the "Open Mike" programme was the claim by Fitzpatrick that the free kick against him was an invented rule, and I got the impression that Sheahan was prepared to accept the claim...I remember the event happening and at the time, and still do now, believe that Ian Robinson as umpire got it right. It did exist but wasn't applied very often but was there available for umpires - and it turns out from years earlier there was a precedent:
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/4754763

Mike Sheahan always ready to accept his fair share of goo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back