FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think he's suited to a better show.

Open Mike as good as it can be, is certainly for ratings and click bait and the best shows are the ones where there was lots of controversy and the person actually wants to open up.

I think his best would be lost to this style of 20 minute, in and out interview.
I guess we get to see this week

I guess we get to see this week
He would bloody go on it after I defended him not going on...

I actually wouldn't mind to see Judd on again, he has been a lot better since leaving the footy world and may be allowed to talk

Just on the Pavlich interview, why was there a chance that the Crows or Port could draft him as a 17 year old?Wasn't there an uncompromised draft by then. Certainly the enterance concessions for both clubs would have finished by '99 for Port.

Just on the Pavlich interview, why was there a chance that the Crows or Port could draft him as a 17 year old?Wasn't there an uncompromised draft by then. Certainly the enterance concessions for both clubs would have finished by '99 for Port.

Pav nominated for the draft the previous year as a 17 year old, but was overlooked by every club. Being 17 at the time, he could be drafted in the national draft but not in the rookie draft. They have moved the minimum draft age since then.

Pav nominated for the draft the previous year as a 17 year old, but was overlooked by every club. Being 17 at the time, he could be drafted in the national draft but not in the rookie draft. They have moved the minimum draft age since then.
Thanks for that. Never knew he had nominated the year before. So then all clubs stuffed up, not just the SA clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pavlich one was a bit weak.

Have to agree.

The stuff Mike touched on is stuff people would already know if you knew the Pavlich story. I was hoping for a more "insiders" look into him and the club.

It was interesting how he said his mum contacted the Fremantle and said not to draft him! I would have like to hear more about all of their reactions actually.

Crows and Port had a box seat on Pavlich in the 98 draft but chose not to take him and he was taken at Pick 4 in 99. He was able to be taken by the Crows as part of their "recruiting zone" which was based on the SANFL Clubs (Norwood, South, Sturt, West and Woodville West Torrens for the Crows) and Pav was listed to Woodville- West Torrens.

This is often a lament of Crows Supporters as we struggled for Key Forwards from 02-05 in our premiership window. We took Ken McGregor (Also listed to WWT) instead of Pav in 98 with our 77th pick.

Crows and Port had a box seat on Pavlich in the 98 draft but chose not to take him and he was taken at Pick 4 in 99. He was able to be taken by the Crows as part of their "recruiting zone" which was based on the SANFL Clubs (Norwood, South, Sturt, West and Woodville West Torrens for the Crows) and Pav was listed to Woodville- West Torrens.

This is often a lament of Crows Supporters as we struggled for Key Forwards from 02-05 in our premiership window. We took Ken McGregor (Also listed to WWT) instead of Pav in 98 with our 77th pick.

While this is true, you got pretty bloody good service from a pick 77 with Ken McGregor.

Also its not like the Crows and PA are the only teams that had a go at him, all 16 teams (Freo included) overlooked him in 1998.

While this is true, you got pretty bloody good service from a pick 77 with Ken McGregor.

Also its not like the Crows and PA are the only teams that had a go at him, all 16 teams (Freo included) overlooked him in 1998.

Oh absolutely, A pick 77 getting 150 Games and a Rising Star Nomination is brilliant value. As a Crows supporter I feel Pavlich was wasted at Freo but that's borne out of frustration at prelim and semi final losses when we really needed a gun key forward. C'est la vie

Oh absolutely, A pick 77 getting 150 Games and a Rising Star Nomination is brilliant value. As a Crows supporter I feel Pavlich was wasted at Freo but that's borne out of frustration at prelim and semi final losses when we really needed a gun key forward. C'est la vie

I don't think any Freo fan will disagree he was wasted here considering we were s**t for the vast majority of his career.

I don't think any Freo fan will disagree he was wasted here considering we were s**t for the vast majority of his career.
I didn't realise he kicked 3 in the GF. That's a pretty solid contribution. People carry on like he put in a stinker.

I didn't realise he kicked 3 in the GF. That's a pretty solid contribution. People carry on like he put in a stinker.

Really? The only performance I hear people criticise is Ballantyne's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back