FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

The game is very political these days. It was yet another chance to promote the womens' league. It has become way too obvious over the past few years that the AFL sets the agenda of the media.

Like another poster, I understand Erin Phillips has been a top female sports person over the years and has a story to tell. However, I always thought Open Mike was a show which interviewed former VFL/AFL players and legends, not someone who has played maybe 6 games.

Had the show in the past included current people from other sports, I'd have no problem with Erin Phillips being interviewed.

It's about football stories and she has one to tell (albeit a shorter one, hence her dad appearing). Caro never played, Beau Vernon was only a country league player. The show has never completely been about top level players.

Agree that she is a worthy guess but this is where Mike lets himself down, he barely touched on Erin's basketball career or explored the AFLW league, although there is only so much you can ask in 30 minutes.

He probably could've touched on it a bit further though, from memory Mike Pike's Rugby background was covered readonably well in comparison.

Starburns_' post just highlights the show really should be an hour long.

An hour is a bit much for most though. He could've easily covered basketball more if they skipped over him asking her dad about her coming out. The Burgoyne question amounted to nothing much really too.

An hour is a bit much for most though. He could've easily covered basketball more if they skipped over him asking her dad about her coming out. The Burgoyne question amounted to nothing much really too.
Did Mike ask Erin about EEvan? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is she currently married to him? I saw an article mention that he was onto his 2nd marriage.

How do you marry a known sex offender and then have a kid with the guy?? :huh:

Kate's the second marriage. In her defence she didn't know about it until afterwards

According to media reports & Kate's public interviews, it appears:
- this was his second marriage, too
- his relationship with the young girl, for which he would be charged & convicted, continued into 2009
- Fitzpatrick & Sheahan conceived their son in Dec 2009
- Fitzpatrick first interviewed by police 19/5/10
- Fitzpatrick & Sheahan married in late march 2011
- Charges laid against Fitzpatrick in April 2011 & further charges laid Sept 2011
More than 100 charges
- Oct 2011 committal hearing in the County Court
- Aug 2012 Fitzpatrick guilty plea in county court
- Sept 2012 conviction & sentencing: 6 yrs jail (3 1/2 years minimum)

According to media reports & Kate's public interviews, it appears:
- this was his second marriage, too
- his relationship with the young girl, for which he would be charged & convicted, continued into 2009
- Fitzpatrick & Sheahan conceived their son in Dec 2009
- Fitzpatrick first interviewed by police 19/5/10
- Fitzpatrick & Sheahan married in late march 2011
- Charges laid against Fitzpatrick in April 2011 & further charges laid Sept 2011
More than 100 charges
- Oct 2011 committal hearing in the County Court
- Aug 2012 Fitzpatrick guilty plea in county court
- Sept 2012 conviction & sentencing: 6 yrs jail (3 1/2 years minimum)

Imagine if it was Dustin Martins mum. All hell would break lose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kouta on 5mil over 6 years how much in the brown paper bags
That's the deferred payments he was talking about

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back