TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
spoke to mike earlier this year. he reiterated that gary lyon wont go on the program. carey was supposed to go on, all agreed to. Then showtime came and went. No carey. no contact. Later MS bumped into carey and asked wtf happened.....carey got cold feet.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
spoke to mike earlier this year. he reiterated that gary lyon wont go on the program. carey was supposed to go on, all agreed to. Then showtime came and went. No carey. no contact. Later MS bumped into carey and asked wtf happened.....carey got cold feet.
I assume Carey doesn't wanna rehash all the dirt he spoke about on Denton all those years ago.

MC Extra Dollop

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Ian Stewart ( replayed recently ) was fascinating.
That story about him and Tony Jewell watering Moorabin oval on Friday night before the game beers in hand and the disco raging in the background is absolute gold....and during his very short tenure as Carlton coach him trying to tell Jezza to do more defensive stuff and Jezza just giving him that ominous Eastern European stare.
Stewart seemed like an incredibly humble, honest guy. Shame that a lot of people just remember one moment of his life, apparently when he was in the midst of a breakdown.

MC Extra Dollop

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Dane Swan was #5 last night for anybody still watching
My memories of watching that one were "what a colossal waste of time". Crap questions and crap responses. Lots of interactions like:

MS: You and Dusty have been to Vegas together, obviously good mates?

DS: Nah, we've gone there three or four times, we hate each other.

I mean, not the greatest question ever by Sheahan, but just classic Dane Swan. You've made the effort to go on the show, how about you give your supporters something? The teacher and the class rebel in the back row.

I've truly never got the appeal of Swan as an interview subject, panellist or social media commentator. He just seems like a complete knob.

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
My memories of watching that one were "what a colossal waste of time". Crap questions and crap responses. Lots of interactions like:

MS: You and Dusty have been to Vegas together, obviously good mates?

DS: Nah, we've gone there three or four times, we hate each other.

I mean, not the greatest question ever by Sheahan, but just classic Dane Swan. You've made the effort to go on the show, how about you give your supporters something? The teacher and the class rebel in the back row.

I've truly never got the appeal of Swan as an interview subject, panellist or social media commentator. He just seems like a complete knob.
Was pretty ordinary on The Footy Show too. Would sit there and give bugger all like he was too cool for it, while they tried to pump him up as a 'different cat', a 'character', etc and manufacture this personality that wasn't there.

The hands of stone

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There is something strangely compelling about this interview. I thoroughly enjoyed it the first time it was on and still do. I think part of it is just how completely opposite he is to today's media-managed robots. He was also disarmingly honest about things - the line about Peter Knights as a coach sounds harsh but from many reports it wasn't too far from the truth - really nice bloke who wasn't suited to coaching.
MS - so what was your relationship with Leanne ?
WC - just good friends , he is with Brie now anyway
MS - Brynn ............brie is a type of cheese
WC - same thing really
MS - well not really
🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad