FTA-TV Open Mike

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, it’s embarrassing when he appears on SEN’s morning show and the co-hosts treat him as some sage who is eternally perceptive.

He filled a role on ‘On The Couch’ and 3AW’s footy coverage but even there he often came across as a bit of a dullard.
He lacks a deep analysis brain; lacks that deep knowledge.

Yes they treat him well above his station.

He’s just not insightful.
And boring to boot.

Yeah, it’s embarrassing when he appears on SEN’s morning show and the co-hosts treat him as some sage who is eternally perceptive.

He filled a role on ‘On The Couch’ and 3AW’s footy coverage but even there he often came across as a bit of a dullard.

Remember how he used to sit in the middle with his head swivelling backwards and forwards saying "What do YOU think, what do YOU think?" :)

Like one of those clown heads you drop a ping ball into the mouth of?

One morning he was sitting on the ale side of the tram sitting just looking down the tram carriage with his mouth wide open with occasional looks towards the window, I kind of felt for him because those seats are a bit awkward but I just thought at least close your mouth because it looked like he was trying to catch flys.

Kenny Hunter was very good IMO. Sensible, sensitive guy who was clearly treated poorly by Robert Walls back in the day. These days looks like a cross between Allan Border and Dennis Lillee, appropos of nothing.
His courage, skill and absolute disregard for his own well being when he played should be remembered.
Kenny was an absolute star of the game until the black dog got him.

Kenny Hunter was very good IMO. Sensible, sensitive guy who was clearly treated poorly by Robert Walls back in the day. These days looks like a cross between Allan Border and Dennis Lillee, appropos of nothing.
His courage, skill and absolute disregard for his own well being when he played should be remembered.
Kenny was an absolute star of the game until the black dog got him.

that was a great ep, very humble man ken. on the other hand, walls sounded like an absolute campaigner

that was a great ep, very humble man ken. on the other hand, walls sounded like an absolute campaigner
He did didn’t he (Walls that is). No idea how to deal with young men and their issues other than to berate them for being soft and flog them on the training track.
Kenny has always been a hero of mine, even though he played for two of my most hated clubs, Claremont and Carlton. Idolised him as kid in WA.

He did didn’t he (Walls that is). No idea how to deal with young men and their issues other than to berate them for being soft and flog them on the training track.
Kenny has always been a hero of mine, even though he played for two of my most hated clubs, Claremont and Carlton. Idolised him as kid in WA.

Ken Hunter was anything but soft, he was a key part of that successful Carlton era, for Walls to have such poor self-awareness and understanding of others explains how he lost the players he was coaching.

Ken Hunter was anything but soft, he was a key part of that successful Carlton era, for Walls to have such poor self-awareness and understanding of others explains how he lost the players he was coaching.

Walls got a poor return from the group that he was given at Carlton.

Hunter was a star. He was so looked up to as a player. Wished he played for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good grief. Does this mean if Richmond had won on the weekend it would’ve been Trout from Woodend being interviewed?

I'm just glad that Geelong aren't in the GF so that we don't have to see Cat Man on Open Mike!

I have enjoyed most episodes over the years and have thought that some of the criticism here is over the top, but if the show is to the stage of interviewing cheer squad members then maybe it is time to wind it up.

I understand that Joffa had a tough childhood and does good work for charity, but there are a lot of footy supporters who tick those boxes without also being media creations.

Good grief. Does this mean if Richmond had won on the weekend it would’ve been Trout from Woodend being interviewed?
Mario from Doncaster

Sheahan has always been very weak in discussing important off field issues, to the point where he just refuses to. He’s purely on field and never been got at that, totally refused to understand modern game. How on earth he was ever made Chief Football writer!

Hes not perfect but he is still better than most football 'journos' out there.

To be fair I only think he is still active in the media due to the lack of genuine talent coming through.

Ralph, Edmund, McLure

fetch

Yeah I didn’t mind the joffa episode. He’s an interesting bloke whose done it tough over the years.
Used to post on bigfooty back in the day. His heart is in the right place.
Not sure about the shorts though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back