FTA-TV Open Mike

b83889d47a43ffac7acb6b41fd0cc4f6.jpg

Tom Boyd was amazing.
Articulate and highly intelligent.
I see him a far different light now.
Footy at the top level would be amazingly taxing on your physical and mental health. It's not for evrybody.
I think he will go far in life.
Agree with SuperSteele22 that Sheehan's fixation on money is completely ludicrous.

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Tom Boyd was amazing.
Footy at the top level would be amazingly taxing on your physical and mental health. It's not for evrybody.
Agree with SuperSteele22 that Sheehan's fixation on money is completely ludicrous.
With a bit of luck, his interview will open the eyes of many. Love Tommy, he's a ripper.

With a bit of luck, his interview will open the eyes of many. Love Tommy, he's a ripper.
Reminded me a lot of Ty Vicery. High draft pick, never overly enthused about footy. Was more concerned with his law degree.
Will never forget flying back from the Gabba one day in the Virgin lounge and the players were mingling and Ty was on his own at a table with his books and his laptop studying.
all power to both of them.
Tom came across so impressively. I think he will go far in whatever he chosses to do.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Tom Boyd was amazing.
How many who sit down to watch Open Mike are wondering what money question Mike will ask tonight. It’s now become a staple of his interview

Great job Fox Footy putting the 'bullring' as a lead up. Obviously everyone tuned out and would not bother with the roll on of watching Open Mike seeing maybe some guy from the 80's who was a bit funny or whatever.

Anyone out there has to watch a replay of that episode. Brian Lake is a completely shattered person, he was crying basically the entire episode. He drank 3 bottles of red and took 20-30 sleeping pills ... survived. Jesus.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was in tears watching Lake, can understand how he feels. He's a completely broken man, unable to put on that false front that he spoke of, anymore. To see him crying throughout the episode was heart breaking. Marty Pask seems like a good man.

I agree on the fascination with Dane Swan, I can't see it myself and surprised that he seems to have most of the football world fooled.
There are far more interesting stories out there than Swan

Jul 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Dane Swan episode is a mixture of fascination and head-shaking. Clearly comfortable with himself and everything he has done, whether it is positive or negative. Reasonably combative to Mike when reasonable questions asked - it was almost like watching Mick Malthouse when a presser wasn't going his way. Not that surprising he preferred Malthouse to Buckley as a coach. Seemed to feel he was almost above criticism for any deviation from team rules or the like. Certainly eloquent and comfortable in the spotlight and with his achievements, but not one I'd revisit.

Back