Open the Brownlow Medal up to the fans

Remove this Banner Ad

afltruth

Draftee
Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If the Brownlow Medal was opened up to the public, would people be interested in attending?

I have had a few ideas running around here are a few. . .

1. Stage the Brownlow Medal on the Monday after the Grand Final, thus allowing interstate teams (if they make the GF) to send over players. Or if the AFL were to introduce a week off between the end of the home and away season and the start of the finals, this would also be a perfect opportunity to stage it.

2. In order to facilitate a crowd, hold it at either etihad (which i know has been done in 2002) or maybe even Rod Laver Arena much as they do with the Grand Final footy show.

3. Live Music Acts, make it a celebration of the season that has just passed.

Would love to get feedback on this idea, do people think it is denigrating the exclusiveness and history of the Brownlow, or would people actually be interested to attend and cheer on their players.

Can't the players have anything to themselves?

And you can go to the Brownlow, it just costs a heap.

If anyone wants another version of their player of the season, invent one and try to sell it.

How about hosting it in Adelaide/Sydney/Perth/Brisbane/Melbourne on a rotation basis.

If the brownlow was in perth every player from the east would "take a sickie" n just not go. Melbourne has the venue and the players here expect things to favor them as they are in the majority. Also the tv ratings from a W.A brownlow would be too bad for the AFL to entertain it.

If the brownlow was in perth every player from the east would "take a sickie" n just not go. Melbourne has the venue and the players here expect things to favor them as they are in the majority. Also the tv ratings from a W.A brownlow would be too bad for the AFL to entertain it.

You're a BIG fan of Australian Rules Football, I can tell. Shame you're not in Demetrious hotseat.
I love Melllbun, in the same way I love Launceston.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back