- Reidy McL and Crocker running laps together
- KK and someone (Mackie?) handball drills
- saw Wells kicking around w Varcoe
Not sure he's in drills
- Broomy participating

Couple boys I don't recognise and wondering if they are our latest VFL signings

Broomy now back to running laps - he seemed to lack intensity in n first drill

Wells trading w main group!

Most boys really do nvokved at my end and happy to see involvement of Lynch Cal Daics

Crisp great again today

I've been to 3-4 training sessions and Fas is marking / kicking so well
An injury free season will really help us kick a lot more goals.

Most boys really do nvokved at my end and happy to see involvement of Lynch Cal Daics

Crisp great again today

Great that Wells is starting to get back into drills with the main group. Still a long way to round 1 so fingers crossed he gets a good run at it to be fit and 100%

Crisp great again today
Footy cards or ..?

Great that Wells is starting to get back into drills with the main group. Still a long way to round 1 so fingers crossed he gets a good run at it to be fit and 100%
Yeah he's back to laps and stretches now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a trusted member of the group in drills (other players were looking to him as an option)
Was taking strong grabs and kicking goals
That's good to hear, especially since he really has only just started participating in drills etc in the past couple of weeks. Matt_352 will be thrilled.

Ok I've got to go

Final thoughts
Good to see young and new players so heavily involved
Usual suspects right in it
The squad looks really well balanced for the first time in a few years imo
Cox is going to be a v important option as down the line relief - did well in that role today
I didn't see Shaz

Oh and Wells and others dropping in out of drills as part of their programs

Thanks Schu,

It is good that Wells is progressing. Happy for them to be cautious with him and slowly bring him back in.

That's good to hear, especially since he really has only just started participating in drills etc in the past couple of weeks. Matt_352 will be thrilled.

Be Intresting to watch him in the Intra-Club and NAB Challange as I am hoping he be Pushing for Upgrade for the Mid-Season 1 teams get

Ok I've got to go

Final thoughts
Good to see young and new players so heavily involved
Usual suspects right in it
The squad looks really well balanced for the first time in a few years imo
Cox is going to be a v important option as down the line relief - did well in that role today
I didn't see Shaz

Thanks for Report SchuPie

You forgot to mention whether or not Kirby looked like he needed a hug. This is important!

The big news: music

Monday was 90s
- Gangster Paradise
- Guru Josh
I think this created a few fumbles

Today dance-ish
Heavier beat today
- Sandstorm
- Remixes
Let's see if uptempo inspires the boys
First training session and I was surprised with the age of the music. Some examples:

Born Slippy - Underworld
Pump the Jam - Technotronic
Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang - Dre and Snoop
Sing It Back - Moloko

More the sort of s**t that was around when I was a kid. In fact, I'm wondering if the music isn't for the footy department who are watching from their Ivory Tower (ie. the Glasshouse balcony).

In less important matters related to the actual playing component, it was a pretty scrappy affair in perfect conditions, but it was also high intensity, so our own pressure on ourselves had quite a bit to do with that.

Thought De Goey killed it and Pig Greenwood looks like he's on a mission to prove a point. Treloar, Adams and Pendles as always prominent. Both Grundy and Cox were good in the ruck / around the ground (I'll again reiterate that I think Cox still has some potential as a ruckman, but not as a full-time forward).

WHE had a few nice touches and kicked a nice snap in the earlier 3/4 field simulation. Jamie and Fas' class showed a few times too. Those with class had plenty of effect up forward. Those without (eg. Keeffe) sucked badly.

Dunne was pretty s**t, but unbelievably vocal. Mayne was just ok, but uses it well. Max Lynch got smashed in the ruck and stuffed up two shots at goal (good build and athleticism though).

The infirmary consisted of Reid, who was literally shadowed by McLarty like a cub to its mother, Broomy, Crock and Sier. Reid is a running machine. Hopefully Siery makes it as he's got that Jobe Watson / Josh Kennedy build. Wells and KK were out early but left just before I got there. Didn't see Shaz at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back