Analysis Open Training Discussion 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Open training starts today! I can't make it, but will try to get to most from next week on.

One benefit of cutting the Trinity is that our injury list heading into preseason is three men shorter. Feel like they're always on there come November.

Injury list as it stands is Vince, Spencil, and Trengove. Not sure what's wrong with Vince. Not too concerned about Spencer :p

Open training starts today! I can't make it, but will try to get to most from next week on.

One benefit of cutting the Trinity is that our injury list heading into preseason is three men shorter. Feel like they're always on there come November.

Injury list as it stands is Vince, Spencil, and Trengove. Not sure what's wrong with Vince. Not too concerned about Spencer :p

Think Bernie had a shoulder op post season

1599111_10152928230737317_1238807242951939729_o.jpg

Salem looking pretty big. Wasn't rail thin this time last year, but had very little muscle tone to his physique. Much improved.

I didn't see tappy there. He was part of the Not Footy Training sessions last week, so I guess he's not permitted to be part of the official training. Thought permission to train was available to delisted free agents, so wonder if he's had an offer to run around at another afl club?

They trained well today. Wasn't a gruelling session, but almost all of them looked sharp. As jack attack said, Salem is looking significantly bigger. Great to see Jesse Hogan participating. Gawn Terlich watts just did a few laps. As 5+ year players I guess they didn't even have to be there. Still col garland, n.jones, dunny, Dawes, Fitzy, bail, cross seemed to be part of most of the session.

This is where tasmanlvr does his best work... Unless you've moved into the real world and got a job now mate?*

*Not having a dig, I'm not in the real world myself.

Not quite in the real world yet (though I am getting close and building up a very impressive list of contacts... if I say so myself.) You'd better believe that I'll be here to post some of the good s**t. Just couldn't today because I had an exam.

But yes I'll be doing it all again. Hopefully next year I'll be able to participate more throughout the season, had a busy year this year!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys, just dropping by to say you have young kid James Munro training with you. He recently signed with Casey after playing at Sandringham. He's a terrific young kid, has only been playing footy for couple seasons after switching from hockey. Elite athlete and trainer. Can play as ball winning midfielder or as tagger.

Here is couple interviews and articles I've done on him to give you bit more background on him. But reckon he's worth rookie spot on an afl list

James Munro's rise to VFL Senior Football - http://www.truezebras.com/james-munros-rise-to-vfl-senior-football/

Discovering The Zebras: http://www.truezebras.com/discovering-the-zebras-james-munro/

I didn't see tappy there. He was part of the Not Footy Training sessions last week, so I guess he's not permitted to be part of the official training. Thought permission to train was available to delisted free agents, so wonder if he's had an offer to run around at another afl club?

They trained well today. Wasn't a gruelling session, but almost all of them looked sharp. As jack attack said, Salem is looking significantly bigger. Great to see Jesse Hogan participating. Gawn Terlich watts just did a few laps. As 5+ year players I guess they didn't even have to be there. Still col garland, n.jones, dunny, Dawes, Fitzy, bail, cross seemed to be part of most of the session.

RE Salem, just after we drafted him they discovered he had a thyriod issue and he lost a bit of weight. Good to see its all sorted out and he's bulked up a bit in the last 12 months.

Good to see some of the 5+ year players there even if its just laps, kick to kick. I saw Jones on the news watching over the mids doing some set plays (it looked like) he knowledge would be invaluable to likes of viney, toump, michie etc.

from the club twitter feed

FOUR Casey Scorpions players will train with Melbourne in the lead-up to the 2014 NAB AFL Draft.

Casey recruit James Munro, vice-captain Mitch Gent and emerging players Edward Morris and Bryce Rutherford will train with Melbourne full-time for the next three weeks.

It will give each player an insight into the lifestyle of an AFL player, with the hope of gaining a greater opportunity at the next level.

This potential pathway for Casey VFL-listed players to participate in an AFL pre-season program strengthens the relationship between Melbourne and Casey.

from the club twitter feed

FOUR Casey Scorpions players will train with Melbourne in the lead-up to the 2014 NAB AFL Draft.

Casey recruit James Munro, vice-captain Mitch Gent and emerging players Edward Morris and Bryce Rutherford will train with Melbourne full-time for the next three weeks.

It will give each player an insight into the lifestyle of an AFL player, with the hope of gaining a greater opportunity at the next level.

This potential pathway for Casey VFL-listed players to participate in an AFL pre-season program strengthens the relationship between Melbourne and Casey.

I guess it also allows for better skill sessions, as the numbers are otherwise limited before the older players return, and the draftees join the group.

I would be happy to give Ed Morris a rookie spot too.

He's not due for training for another three or so weeks, if that's what you're getting at?

That's one thing, but I know he's given himself a media ban (and thank christ for that) but is there any photographic evidence at all of him anywhere near the colours red and blue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back