Analysis Open Training Discussion 2015

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
haha classic Dunn.

Dunn and Garland made a big dual-tackle on Kent (I think it was Kent), and holding the ball was called. They held on for a moment and Gawn came in and pulled Dunn off the pack by his jumper - then Dunn gave him a solid wack to the breadbasket.

Gawn have a wry smile and let it go but it was a pretty solid punch. I would have slapped him!

I love Dunny - but opposition must hate him.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Dunn and Garland made a big dual-tackle on Kent (I think it was Kent), and holding the ball was called. They held on for a moment and Gawn came in and pulled Dunn off the pack by his jumper - then Dunn gave him a solid wack to the breadbasket.

Gawn have a wry smile and let it go but it was a pretty solid punch. I would have slapped him!

I love Dunny - but opposition must hate him.

His years of experience have taught him the correct level of force to punch blokes with , great skill

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
His years of experience have taught him the correct level of force to punch blokes with , great skill

There was another incident where Dawes clipped Jetta over the head in frustration after dropping a mark - Jetta went down and took a good minute to recover.

Roos has made training a very competitive workout and everyone goes at high intensity.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
There was another incident where Dawes clipped Jetta over the head in frustration after dropping a mark - Jetta went down and took a good minute to recover.

Roos has made training a very competitive workout and everyone goes at high intensity.

Good to know , the train as you would play ethic is what he instilled at Sydney and I think it's great

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Good. During the Bailey years you could see that training must have been practically non-contact by the lack of composure our players had with the ball in congestion. Epitomized by Brock McLean running in slow straight lines waiting for someone to tackle him.

Back