Open Training Session or Grand Final Parade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
No GF parade allowed in Perth, so they’ve organised an open training session at Optus Stadium. Both clubs attend; Melbourne first then the Bulldogs. Players and fans seem to be really enjoying it.
Should the AFL keep it and scrap the parade?
An open training session at the G for both clubs on the Grand Final Friday holiday could be massive. You certainly get to see more of the players than you do at a parade.
Throw in interviews shone up on the scoreboards etc and you have a real event.
If Pies v Blues etc, I think you could have easily 60-70,000 at the G for a Friday GF celebration and combined training run.

Yeah won’t happen because the MCC won’t allow it.

Thats why Adelaide Oval and now Optus Stadium have walk on the rooftop of the stadium’s experience and the MCG knocked it back.

Yeah won’t happen because the MCC won’t allow it.

Thats why Adelaide Oval and now Optus Stadium have walk on the rooftop of the stadium’s experience and the MCG knocked it back.

I’m guessing there’s a lot of setting up work going on at the G a few days before the GF

Can’t have 50,000 turn up for training

I’m guessing there’s a lot of setting up work going on at the G a few days before the GF

Can’t have 50,000 turn up for training

Yet Perth at its first go , in lieu of a parade , is able to organise it no problems

That’s The Adelaide Oval and Optus Stadium H & A experience is already miles ahead of the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back