Opening Line Music Quiz a la Facebook c. 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's keep this rolling.

1. Run away, I'm a travelling man, been working every day
2. They heard me singing and they told me to stop
3. Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty, sound of their breath fades with the light
4. A gardener told me some plants move, but I could not believe it
5. Stand up straight at the foot of your love
6. Everything black, I don't want black (they want us to bow)
7. Every night, I live and die, feel the party to my bones
8. Well, you're a waste of space, no natural grace
9. *title* you can't take it with you, dancing for your pleasure
10. Milk and honey for my body, c'mon through the door, see
11. When I wake up in the morning get close to you
12. On a crowded beach in a distant time, at the height of summer, see a boy of five
13. Help, I have done it again, I have been here many times before
14. To the center of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you
15. Don't touch the sleeping pills, they mess with my head
16. I see a *title*, I see it more and more each day
17. Far from the electric floor, removed from the red meat market
18. Shadows settle on the place, that you left, our minds are troubled by the emptiness
19. Boy, when I left you, you were young, I was gone, but not my love
20. The tax man's taken all my dough, And left me in my stately home
A couple of em sound familiar but idk any of them atm. Maybe after a nights sleep who knows

12. On a crowded beach in a distant time, at the height of summer, see a boy of five
Just got up and was making breakfast listening to music and this song came on. Came back and saw this and it clicked. It's Deeper water by Paul Kelly right?

Alright, here are some decade/genre clues:

1. Run away, I'm a travelling man, been working every day - 2010s Indie Rock (manangatang has this half-right)
5. Stand up straight at the foot of your love - 2010s Indie
6. Everything black, I don't want black (they want us to bow) - 2010s Hip-Hop
7. Every night, I live and die, feel the party to my bones - 2010s Indie Pop
8. Well, you're a waste of space, no natural grace - 1970s Punk Rock
11. When I wake up in the morning get close to you - 2010s Indie Rock
14. To the centre of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you - 1970s Rock
15. Don't touch the sleeping pills, they mess with my head - 2010s Indie Rock
16. I see a *title*, I see it more and more each day - 2010s Indie Rock
17. Far from the electric floor, removed from the red meat market - 2010s Indie Rock
18. Shadows settle on the place, that you left, our minds are troubled by the emptiness - 2010s Indie
19. Boy, when I left you, you were young, I was gone, but not my love - 2010s Indie
21. I'm going back to *title*, if it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive - 2000s Indie Rock

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Run away, I'm a travelling man, been working every day - The War on Drugs - An Ocean Between the Waves
5. Stand up straight at the foot of your love - The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
6. Everything black, I don't want black (they want us to bow) - Kendrick Lamar - The Blacker The Berry
7. Every night, I live and die, feel the party to my bones - Lorde - Perfect Places
8. Well, you're a waste of space, no natural grace - Wire - Mannequin
11. When I wake up in the morning get close to you - Violent Soho - Fur Eyes
14. To the centre of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you - Joy Division - Shadowplay
15. Don't touch the sleeping pills, they mess with my head - Florence & the Machine - Ship to Wreck
17. Far from the electric floor, removed from the red meat market - Frightened Rabbit - The Woodpile
18. Shadows settle on the place, that you left, our minds are troubled by the emptiness - Daughter - Youth
19. Boy, when I left you, you were young, I was gone, but not my love - Glass Animals - Youth
21. I'm going back to *title*, if it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive - Arctic Monkeys - 505

Oh my God I'm more embarrassed about 21 than I am 11. I didn't even see it.
Could be worse, you could have done a me and seen it and have it go over your head

1. <title>, open all the doors and let you out into the world - The Filth Wizard (Semisonic - Closing Time)
2. What have you gathered to report to your progenitors?
3. How come I end up where I started? How come I end up where I went wrong? - The Filth Wizard (Radiohead - 15 Step)
4. I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll this time - The Filth Wizard (Radiohead - Lucky)
5. We met when we were sixteen, you'd never see us apart
6. You can try to make amends, tell the world that we're still friends but was it worth it?
7. She works at a chemist, a bit of a pessimist
8. Daylight, I wake up feeling like you won't play right - SarahSmiles (Childish Gambino - Redbone)
9. I fell straight into your arms, like a drunk who's been on it all morning - SarahSmiles (Catfish and the Bottlemen - Cocoon)
10. God damn you half Japanese girls, do it to me every time - The Filth Wizard (Weezer - El Scorcho)
11. I know that your powers of retention are as wet as a warthog's backside - roo2macca (Scar - Be Prepared)
12. Rosemary, heaven restores you in life - roo2macca (Interpol - Evil)
13. I don't know the campaigners you used to hang around with
14. I'ma go Interstellar, I feel like Matthew McConaughey - roo2macca (BROCKHAMPTON - STAR)
15. Welcome strangers to the show, I'm the one who should be lying low - roo2macca (Paul Kelly - Dumb Things)
16. <title> across the sea, me like a beacon guiding you to safety, the sooner the better now - The Filth Wizard (Crowded House - When You Come)
17. I've just had the craziest week, like a party bag of lies, booze then deceit - SarahSmiles (The Wombats - Moving To New York)
18. Last night these two bouncers, and one of them's alright, the other one's the scary one - roo2macca (Arctic Monkeys - From The Ritz To The Rubble)
19. We get some rules to follow, that and this, these and those - The Filth Wizard (Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows)
20. Never took your side, never cursed your name - roo2macca (CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share)

Last edited:
1. <title>, open all the doors and let you out into the world
2. What have you gathered to report to your progenitors?
3. How come I end up where I started? How come I end up where I went wrong?
4. I'm on a roll, I'm on a roll this time
5. We met when we were sixteen, you'd never see us apart
6. You can try to make amends, tell the world that we're still friends but was it worth it?
7. She works at a chemist, a bit of a pessimist
8. Daylight, I wake up feeling like you won't play right
9. I fell straight into your arms, like a drunk who's been on it all morning
10. God damn you half Japanese girls, do it to me every time
11. I know that your powers of retention are as wet as a warthog's backside
12. Rosemary, heaven restores you in life
13. I don't know the campaigners you used to hang around with
14. I'ma go Interstellar, I feel like Matthew McConaughey
15. Welcome strangers to the show, I'm the one who should be lying low
16. <title> across the sea, me like a beacon guiding you to safety, the sooner the better now
17. I've just had the craziest week, like a party bag of lies, booze then deceit
18. Last night these two bouncers, and one of them's alright, the other one's the scary one
19. We get some rules to follow, that and this, these and those
20. Never took your side, never cursed your name
15 is Paul Kelly - Dumb Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back