Trading Places Opening round trade game

Remove this Banner Ad

So today the footy kicks off, and to celebrate we can all have a trade game! Can't pick your own team, and we'll include the 17 current Essendon banned players so that team has some currency other than Goddard, Merrett and Daniher. On Tuesday we can all vote on who improved their side the most. I'll take Port.

Team Lists
Confirmed Trades

Adelaide
Brisbane
Carlton - thetradesman
Collingwood
Essendon - BRAB
Fremantle - SSwans2011
Geelong
Gold Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Hawthorn
Melbourne - SincMagic
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide - eth-dog
Richmond
St. Kilda - Karnezis_13
Sydney
West Coast
Western Bulldogs - Van_Dyke

Last edited:

Okay, here are my two sides:

Jonas - Carlile - Hombsch
Broadbent - Trengove - Pittard
Hartlett - Boak - Ebert
Monfries - Westhoff - Wingard
Neade - Schulz - Dixon
Ryder - R Gray - Wines
Polec - White - Ah Chee - S Gray

Impey - Austin - O'Shea
Byrne-Jones - Clurey - Bonner
Colquhoun - Palmer - Young
Krakouer - Butcher - Amon
Stewart - Howard - Houston
Lobbe - Hewett - Snelling
Frampton - Mitchell - Toumpas - Johnson

Italicised are difficult to get
Underlined are players I'm looking to get upgrades on
Red are players that are going fairly cheap
Normal is neither here nor there.

Yes, some players in the reserves are difficult to get due to depth situations or rated highly despite being in the reserves.

Rightio I think for the purpose of the game Essendon will be extremely boring if I keep the Essendon 12 and try to make a few small changes here and there to make them a top 8 list. I think an uninterrupted Essendon with all 12 of their banned players, +the young kids who step up this year would be close to a top 8 team anyway, with virtually no key weaknesses anywhere, not to the extent, of say, a Brisbane or Carlton.

Therefore my goal for this game is to build an Essendon Team that could recover after the loss of a significant amount of their banned players to other clubs, a team for the future, if you will. The focus will be on filling the holes around the ground left by their departing superstars with young talent, or assumed young talent from the draft.

Again this strategy wouldn't actually make much sense in real life, but grabbing a few B graders to complement Essendon's A-graders just seems boring to me, plus this way, I can give people playing the game a real chance to "win" it by grabbing someone like Hurley or Hooker.

So yeah, Essendon's superstars will not come cheap, but consider putting an offer in for them, I'm not just going to flat out say no, and I'm going to be inclined to target your young talent, so if you're playing the game with the intent of building a premiership winning team in 2017, might be wise to give me a yell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rightio I think for the purpose of the game Essendon will be extremely boring if I keep the Essendon 12 and try to make a few small changes here and there to make them a top 8 list. I think an uninterrupted Essendon with all 12 of their banned players, +the young kids who step up this year would be close to a top 8 team anyway, with virtually no key weaknesses anywhere, not to the extent, of say, a Brisbane or Carlton.

Therefore my goal for this game is to build an Essendon Team that could recover after the loss of a significant amount of their banned players to other clubs, a team for the future, if you will. The focus will be on filling the holes around the ground left by their departing superstars with young talent, or assumed young talent from the draft.

Again this strategy wouldn't actually make much sense in real life, but grabbing a few B graders to complement Essendon's A-graders just seems boring to me, plus this way, I can give people playing the game a real chance to "win" it by grabbing someone like Hurley or Hooker.

So yeah, Essendon's superstars will not come cheap, but consider putting an offer in for them, I'm not just going to flat out say no, and I'm going to be inclined to target your young talent, so if you're playing the game with the intent of building a premiership winning team in 2017, might be wise to give me a yell.
Are you sure? You basically only have 5-6 tradeable commodities now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back