List Mgmt. Operation : Bloody get Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

OK so I have two thoughts on Rankine.
If he really doesn't want to leave Adelaide, take away any decent picks the pear have with a lynch trade

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'm prepared for over a decade of BT going bananas over that foot/hand candy.

Grest talent, would love to get him but we have holes all over the ground. Desperately need gun young midfield bulls with pace as a priority followed by a decent mobile ruckman.

Last edited:
Grest talent, would love to get him but we have holes all over the ground. Desperately need gun young midfield bulls with pace as a priority followed by a decent mobile ruckman.
I tend to agree. Unless he projects as a midfielder or stays at Eddie level ( which is fricking good) then a Hateley is my 1st choice

I tend to agree. Unless he projects as a midfielder or stays at Eddie level ( which is fricking good) then a Hateley is my 1st choice

What do you think of Riley Collier-Dawkins? Here is Knightmare's discussion of Walsh, Smith and RCD:

Walsh is quicker and move evasive than those other three top tier mids. Also the better endurance athlete, though Smith probably isn't far behind.

Collier-Dawkins of the three others is the more exceptional mover. He's explosive and one who wins it on the move, but has good (but not freakish) evasion and movement through traffic.

Smith has some evasion and moves effectively through traffic and is someone who has no issues. Decision making and ball use both excellent.

Exceptional mover. Explosive. Sign me up. RCD is tracking to fall a bit lower in the draft, he is also big bodied and 193cm. I dont think I would want to draft both Hately and RCD as they probably block each others development. If we can't get both Hately and Rankine, but we get one of the two and RCD later in the draft, then I like the idea of Rankine and RCD. If we are willing to settle for RCD over Hately, we can also potentially package up our Sloane compo and our Melbourne pick to go for Lukosious.

Lukosious (pick 8, pick 14, pick 19)
Rankine (pick 7)
RCD (Lynch trade)

What do you think of Riley Collier-Dawkins? Here is Knightmare's discussion of Walsh, Smith and RCD:

Exceptional mover. Explosive. Sign me up. RCD is tracking to fall a bit lower in the draft, he is also big bodied and 193cm. I dont think I would want to draft both Hately and RCD as they probably block each others development. If we can't get both Hately and Rankine, but we get one of the two and RCD later in the draft, then I like the idea of Rankine and RCD. If we are willing to settle for RCD over Hately, we can also potentially package up our Sloane compo and our Melbourne pick to go for Lukosious.

Lukosious (pick 8, pick 14, pick 19)
Rankine (pick 7)
RCD (Lynch trade)
Have not seen RCD so cant personally comment but he reads like Dangerfield.

Have not seen RCD so cant personally comment but he reads like Dangerfield.

No I havent seen him either. His physical attributes as a midfielder interest me. Hately is the gun prospect big bodied mid in this years draft. Along with Blakey, who is off the table. But looking through the bio's of the rest this kid stands out. He is not tracking anywhere nearly as highly as Hately/Blakey. I am keen on this kid for no other reason that he is tracking as a draft prospect under 25, he is 193cm and he is an inside mid. He only averages 20 in the TAC, but thats why he falls to our later picks. I would prefer Hately over RCD, but I would rather Rankine over Hately. If we cant get Hately as well, then I think we should seriously consider taking RCD, even though he is vic metro.

No I havent seen him either. His physical attributes as a midfielder interest me. Hately is the gun prospect big bodied mid in this years draft. Along with Blakey, who is off the table. But looking through the bio's of the rest this kid stands out. He is not tracking anywhere nearly as highly as Hately/Blakey. I am keen on this kid for no other reason that he is tracking as a draft prospect under 25, he is 193cm and he is an inside mid. He only averages 20 in the TAC, but thats why he falls to our later picks. I would prefer Hately over RCD, but I would rather Rankine over Hately. If we cant get Hately as well, then I think we should seriously consider taking RCD, even though he is vic metro.
Ready made nickname and image pose. 10c to me for everytime somebody uses it ;)

RVD1.png

With a steady Victorian girlfriend...I have seen him play live this year, had a reasonably good not great game that day, he may furnish into a big bodied mid in time but at present he's a tall midfielder not a big bodied midfielder. I wouldn't describe him as inside midfielder either he's a bit more than that, also has a reasonably well developed outside game.

With a steady Victorian girlfriend...I have seen him play live this year, had a reasonably good not great game that day, he may furnish into a big bodied mid in time but at present he's a tall midfielder not a big bodied midfielder. I wouldn't describe him as inside midfielder either he's a bit more than that, also has a reasonably well developed outside game.

Like I said, I have not seen him. Nothing on youtube specifically on him that I could find. Steady Victorian girlfriend is the worry. Probably not wise to take him if Rozee is still on the board, but after that I would be taking a punt on him over an SA bloke that we rate lower than him on our draft board. Like I said, if we already have Hately, then I wouldn't bother. But if we miss out on Jackson then I think we shouldn't pass up an opportunity for a big bodied mid. Even better that he is inside/outside because the dream would be that he develops into the next Nat Fyfe :) Fyfe was taken at 20, maybe we can turn our Carlton 2nd rounder into a future brownlow medalist :)

He is probably still growing, at 195cm he can start his career as a 3rd tall at either end and get minutes on the ball. Its a pretty good avenue to get early games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true I am still taking him. I reckon Port will too. Now for Port to finish above Melbourne and we can keep our first and our Sloane compo for other targets.

I'd be leaning to not taking risks with Rankine when we get to Sloanes compo pick, should we obtain it.

It does however become an option to pursue a trade to get Lukosius.

I'd be leaning to not taking risks with Rankine when we get to Sloanes compo pick, should we obtain it.

It does however become an option to pursue a trade to get Lukosius.

Yeah what I was getting at is that if all the other clubs are off Rankine then we can use our Melbourne pick, provided it’s before Ports, and we don’t get outbid in live trading.

If that was the case I would be much more open to using say 7 & 8 on pick 1 if it was on offer. Basically I don’t think Lukoisus is worth Rankine and Hately. But Lukoisus and Rankine would be incredible. I don’t see it happening. Just saying if it were true that Other clubs are off Rankine, we only need to spend what we have to.

Yeah what I was getting at is that if all the other clubs are off Rankine then we can use our Melbourne pick, provided it’s before Ports, and we don’t get outbid in live trading.
I wonder if live trading is in, will they make it so that everyone is aware of any offers being made. In your example, Crows would want to be aware if Poowah try to make a play for a pick before our Melb r1 pick.

I wonder if live trading is in, will they make it so that everyone is aware of any offers being made. In your example, Crows would want to be aware if Poowah try to make a play for a pick before our Melb r1 pick.
'' The AFC have asked for a LT extension. They are talking to (Draft Club) and have 5 minutes to strike a deal''

Thats how I see it playing out. Similar to the Academy Bid or rejection system

You would think so, otherwise its not much of an auction. Dont they do it in the NBA or NFL, I would imagine it will work the same way. But would love to know the answer. We would need to keep some powder dry, ideally we keep a hand that is close to Ports after our early picks and use the fact that Melbourne's pick is higher than Port's to match (in the example).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back