List Mgmt. Operation : Bloody get Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol. I thought you might like that. We can trade out Gov, but mention a Crouch brother....
It's got * all to do with whether it's the Crouchs' or any other player, both are contracted players that have shown no indication they aren't happy with their lot at the AFC.....people talk about loyalty, well sorry to disappoint you bud but that works both ways. You need a reality check big time, you're talking absolute s**t.

To be fair, at least Gov is rumoured to want to go. Nothing at all about the Crouches, that’s fantasy stuff

Well there was that rumour about Brad Crouch being unhappy about his rehab. He wasn’t that easy to re-sign the last time either despite the fact that he had been out injured most of his previous contract.

But really it was just a question. The same exercise could be applied to every club in the AFL. Suns are going to ask for a player from a club like Richmond or Hawthorn as part of the deal. Who is going to want to go. Whoever they convince to go won’t be that good. They are better off taking pick 3 and then offering it up to every club in the AFL and saying who wants to come that is worth that pick. I think Matt Crouch is probably our most valuable player given his age and his 2017. He makes sense to think about.

By the way I think we can get Rankine without giving up Matt Crouch and I am not that desperate for Luko, so I wouldn’t do it.

It's got **** all to do with whether it's the Crouchs' or any other player, both are contracted players that have shown no indication they aren't happy with their lot at the AFC.....people talk about loyalty, well sorry to disappoint you bud but that works both ways. You need a reality check big time, you're talking absolute s**t.

Maybe you should take that chill pill. It’s just a hypothetical. I love both the Crouches. I think we would be sorry if we did that because I think Brad is going to come back better than ever. I have faith that he is going to get over his injuries and be the player that he has the potential to be. I have the same confidence in Gov, which you don’t have.

You don’t see the irony that you are willing to trade Gov and pick 19 for pick 6 and Brennan Cox even though Gov’s manager has expressly denied that he wants out? I am just posing my hypothetical as a question. You would actually do that one.

How many days until Rankine is out of favour again and Luko is the number 1 kid?

Luko is still number 1. If I had pick 1, I would take him. Which is why I don’t want pick 1 unless I also have pick 2-5 (or wherever Rankine is destined to go).

You couldn’t not take Luko. I am desperate to get Rankine, he is number 1 on my wish list, but even I understand what Luko could be.

Maybe you should take that chill pill. It’s just a hypothetical. I love both the Crouches. I think we would be sorry if we did that because I think Brad is going to come back better than ever. I have faith that he is going to get over his injuries and be the player that he has the potential to be. I have the same confidence in Gov, which you don’t have.

You don’t see the irony that you are willing to trade Gov and pick 19 for pick 6 and Brennan Cox even though Gov’s manager has expressly denied that he wants out? I am just posing my hypothetical as a question. You would actually do that one.
Too bloody right I'd do McGovern for pick 6 and a very promising 19 year old South Australian KPP that's already received a Rising Star nomination after just 8 AFL games. Pick 6 would go very close to landing Rankine or put us in the position to choose between a swag of other talented kids with that pick. If McGovern truly wants out it's a no brainer with me.

We won’t get him unless Sloane and McGovern net us serious picks.

Best SA talent for a long time will be bound for interstate clubs :(
Its sad and frustrating. In my opinion we should have the choice of best S.A. talent between Crows and Port depending on ladder position. Those boys dont want to ******* leave their home. They say they dont care . But we all know they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Luko going to spend some time forward?

He started there and found it tough going as any key forward in a s**t team would. On the wing and across half back it's easier, he's using his skills and finding the ball. However... this isn't going to be his end role is it?

Rankine reminds me a lot of McLeod 95/96. Some brilliant moments, drifts in and out of the game.

Always thought Rankine was more a Port kinda guy whereas Luko was a Crow kinda guy.

Happy with that outcome too.
I've said this before

Both players have strong friendships with Crows players however Rankine does have a really close bond with both McPherson and Schoenberg in particular.

My read is that Lukp is the player that is most likely to be loyal and stay at GC, but Rainke would love to play in front of the big Adelaide oval crowd

Im confident that we would be Rainkine's preferred club

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well it’s not like he’s pinging around invisible arrows after mediocre goals is he Kane.
Kornes does at least back it up with some worrying footage but.

And at this point in time in Duursma's defence has produced a fair bit more than Rankine at AFL level.

I've said this before

Both players have strong friendships with Crows players however Rankine does have a really close bond with both McPherson and Schoenberg in particular.

My read is that Lukp is the player that is most likely to be loyal and stay at GC, but Rainke would love to play in front of the big Adelaide oval crowd

Im confident that we would be Rainkine's preferred club

You've stated this before but in what way is there a close bond, they've come through different SANFL teams in different years, I'm interested to know how this "bond" developed?

I found it interesting that Izak in his draft year when asked always said he would love to stay in SA and was a massive adelaide crows fan.. all the way up until trade week and the point that port traded up and jumped the crows in the draft list..

then he started saying he would be happy to play anywhere and expected to go to the Suns..

it was almost as if he held out hope that he’d get to the crows if they had an eary pick that was before Ports pick.. then when port ended up with the earlier pick wanted to instead go to the suns and hope he’d end up being traded back to adelaide at a later date..

cool story i know!...

I remember he nearly got himself into trouble in one interview he had that year.. talking about the crows and wanting to stay in SA..

You've stated this before but in what way is there a close bond, they've come through different SANFL teams in different years, I'm interested to know how this "bond" developed?
I would assume through SA football pathways

Regardless of how it developed I can absolutely conform that Harry is one of Rainkine's closest mates and McPherson is not far behind

They're only a year apart in draft years, so state teams would be my guess.

Certainly not impossible that some kind of friendship has formed.

I remember he nearly got himself into trouble in one interview he had that year.. talking about the crows and wanting to stay in SA..

Yeah you can only do that if your Victorian

Last edited by a moderator:
Kornes does at least back it up with some worrying footage but.

And at this point in time in Duursma's defence has produced a fair bit more than Rankine at AFL level.

Not sure that footage is worrying. I was expecting to see him shirking contests, or not running defensively, but it’s just three clips of him being a bit too attacking. It’s definitely not ‘worrying workrate’.
Ok, maybe he needs to tone it down a tiny bit, but asking him not to be attacking is like asking a ruck to be shorter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back