List Mgmt. Operation : Bloody get Rankine

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure that footage is worrying. I was expecting to see him shirking contests, or not running defensively, but it’s just three clips of him being a bit too attacking. It’s definitely not ‘worrying workrate’.
Ok, maybe he needs to tone it down a tiny bit, but asking him not to be attacking is like asking a ruck to be shorter.
All it proves is that once again Kornes should be ignored at all times. The guy is a complete flog.

Kornes does at least back it up with some worrying footage but.

And at this point in time in Duursma's defence has produced a fair bit more than Rankine at AFL level.

Was any of that footage work rate related though? To me it was

1) An attempt at a no-look handpass
2) An attempt at a mark that was probably incorrectly paid a free for unrealistic cause his own man touched it on the way too him
3) An attempt at an in tight tap to advantage, that resulted in a disallowed goal that was again was pretty borderline from the 2nd angle

TBH I don't see how 'working harder' would have solved any of those clips.

If anything Kane's guilty of not working hard to find relevant clips to fill his own segment

Last edited:
Not sure that footage is worrying. I was expecting to see him shirking contests, or not running defensively, but it’s just three clips of him being a bit too attacking. It’s definitely not ‘worrying workrate’.
Ok, maybe he needs to tone it down a tiny bit, but asking him not to be attacking is like asking a ruck to be shorter.
Agreed!

Now that we look unlikely to get Jason Horne I think we need to go extra hard at Izak - would give us that high talent and star factor that we lack and also that type of mid/ forward that all the best teams have Eg Martin at Richmond , Rozee / Butters at Port , Petracca at melb etc etc

the type of guy a bit like Fantasia who’s likely to jump some levels in performance back in his home state

Now that we look unlikely to get Jason Horne I think we need to go extra hard at Izak - would give us that high talent and star factor that we lack and also that type of mid/ forward that all the best teams have Eg Martin at Richmond , Rozee / Butters at Port , Petracca at melb etc etc

the type of guy a bit like Fantasia who’s likely to jump some levels in performance back in his home state
Rankine could be the next Andy Mcleod in terms of his super high skill level if he applies himself to his optimum. If that happened the high price that will need to be paid to get him will seem like a bargain. I think he is certainly a risk worth taking in terms of the high price to be paid when he comes out of contract next if we can convince him to come here

Rankine could be the next Andy Mcleod in terms of his super high skill level if he applies himself to his optimum. If that happened the high price that will need to be paid to get him will seem like a bargain. I think he is certainly a risk worth taking in terms of the high price to be paid when he comes out of contract next if we can convince him to come here
If Kane's to be believed, he's not interested and doesn't work hard. it sounds like he needs a fresh start. :cool:

That overhead handball to nobody in particular isn't attacking in any way shape or form...it's flat out lairising, straight into the arms of Luke Brown and cleared out of their attacking zone.

I disagree, sure if he's out of contract and wants to come here at reasonable cost fine but no way should we pay big overs while he's contracted which we would undoubtedly have to do. Go after Rankine at the cost of another high end midfielder or possibly more with a 2021 draft talent laden with midfielders with plenty of tricks at the top end is a no from me. Might not be a popular view on this board but no way am I being swayed away from that view.

Out of contract end of 2022, I'd say go to the draft this year, try to coax him back end of next. Price would be far to high this season when even if we miss out on Horne there still plenty of highly rated mids available in the first round, including a couple more SA lads in Roberts and Draper.

I'm not going after Rankine until he's OOC. GC will ask the world at the end of this year, while the teams chasing him (hopefully us) will have a bit more leverage once his current deal's up

Hit the draft hard for one more year, grab a bonafide midfield prospect or two, and then look for some trade/FA targets

I'm not going after Rankine until he's OOC. GC will ask the world at the end of this year, while the teams chasing him (hopefully us) will have a bit more leverage once his current deal's up

Hit the draft hard for one more year, grab a bonafide midfield prospect or two, and then look for some trade/FA targets
Pretty confident this is the plan. Pay a first rounder end of 2022 for Rankine and no more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So...coming from one of his mums friends who is a close relative of mine (but she is prone to making s**t up) has said he's keen to go to Port.
This is as of now. Things can change quickly but with Gray retiring soon and Port having a decent amount of cash aswell as being in the premiership window for the moment, it makes sense.
I hope things change in the next few years but im not getting my hopes up.
Fingers crossed if its not us, he stays at GC.

I'd say it's rubbish

We'll have the currency and the cap space, they won't be able to match.

So...coming from one of his mums friends who is a close relative of mine (but she is prone to making sh*t up) has said he's keen to go to Port.
This is as of now. Things can change quickly but with Gray retiring soon and Port having a decent amount of cash aswell as being in the premiership window for the moment, it makes sense.
When Gray, Boak, Lycett, Motlop, Hartlett, Dixon and Jonas retire in 2-3 years, their premiership window will be closed.......

I disagree, sure if he's out of contract and wants to come here at reasonable cost fine but no way should we pay big overs while he's contracted which we would undoubtedly have to do. Go after Rankine at the cost of another high end midfielder or possibly more with a 2021 draft talent laden with midfielders with plenty of tricks at the top end is a no from me. Might not be a popular view on this board but no way am I being swayed away from that view.
I agree with you plus Rankine hasn’t delivered on pick 3 potential. He has shown flashes of class but nothing that deserves a high pick. We need to continue drafting top talent and only try to get him when he’s out of contract, if we are below GC then we have the upper hand

So...coming from one of his mums friends who is a close relative of mine (but she is prone to making sh*t up) has said he's keen to go to Port.
Pretty funny, because after the GC game I was out having a drink and chatted with a couple young lads who said they went to henley and knew him and his gf and says he wants to get to crows. I asked about Luko and they didn't really know him too well.

I guess everyone's got an opinion about the SA boys after a nice win against GC.

My 2 cents neither of them get to SA until late in their careers. Mainly because neither of us have any currency to get a deal done. Port are better than us at getting something for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back