• No

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Unsure

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, a few tunes to ease into this one.

Round 23, Etihad Stadium
1:10pm AEST Sunday, August 28, 2016

150px-St_Kilda_FC_Logo.png

V's

Lions-Logo.jpg

Preview by 3KZ is Football

Well here we are ... the last game of a long and troubled season and just when you thought it was safe write this one off and slink away into the off season, Brisbane are going to give us something to sustain us over the summer.

Before you ask, no I haven't just got back from a big session at Billy Puller's, I base this claim on the following:
1. There are senior players at our club who are playing for their careers and they will lift.
2. Rockliff, Rich and Hanley must have been impressed by the leadership shown by Mitch Robinson against Geelong and they will step up.
3. Mitch Robinson is a gun and he is ours.
4. Stefan Martin is getting back into some of his best form.
5. Cutler, Bastinac, Mathieson, Andrews and Mayes are also starting to show that they are going to be part of the immediate and longer term future at the Lions.
6. All of the above and everyone else is going to go nuts and play out of their skins for Daniel Merrett.

Time for another tune:

Justin Leppitsch is GONE, but this shouldn't give anyone any joy. I have been one of his staunchest critics, but I have been thinking about him over the last few days and come to the following conclusion:

As far as AFL Football goes Justin Leppitsch > 3KZ is Football. Sure, I am smarter, better looking and more fun at parties, but he is and will always be a Three Time Premiership Player and key member of one of the greatest sides in VFL / AFL history. As a coach he has been a dud, but you know what, he tried his guts out, of that I am sure. So it's most likely to be goodbye Coach Leppitsch and I really do hope that the players win this one for him. He deserves to go out with a win and I think he will.

Having said this, I am going to be taking my boys to this one and that invariably means we get flogged.

As for our opponents, I really don't think that St.Kilda have much to play for. They have shown glimpses of greatness this year, but I get the sense that they are already on holidays. They were rubbish against an even more rubbish Richmond last week and I think that they have already switched off mentally.

Prediction: Lions by 23

P.S. If this turns out to be true, http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...justin-leppitsch-his-job-20160606-gpd4df.html then I reserve the right to lose my mind every week next season and to drone on and on and on about Justin Leppitsch and how he should be sacked and how he is not up to the job at Brisbane etc, etc, etc.
I know I won't be alone. Could make for a fun 2017.

Last edited:

Thanks 3KZ for the final preview . Big thanks to everyone that did a preview this year, there hasn't been too much to get excited for this season so I know writing the previews would have been a bit harder than usual.

And thanks sauce for getting everything you can out of yourself. Loved seeing you throw your weight around.

Feeling like

deflate-balloon.jpg

Loss. 10 goals plus. Small crowd. Not going. Wipe 2016 from memory bank (won't take long for the good ones).

you feel like a flaccid penis?

Why are you offering one?

...haven't had a lot to get excited about to reverse the flaccidity (is that a word) this season...maybe ironic, having had to suffer watching a bunch of soft utensils for the most part?

Anyway, I'm not taking the blame for lowering/deflating/softening the tone of the thread, mr jason!

Easiest poll ever.
I hedged my bets and ticked all of them.
Is Leppa > 3KZ at footbally things. - Yes
Is Leppa > 3KZ at selection of excellent tunes displayed over a period of time. - No
Is Leppa > 3KZ at his knowledge of the Ancient Roman Republic and the transition to the Principate? - Unsure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hedged my bets and ticked all of them.
Is Leppa > 3KZ at footbally things. - Yes
Is Leppa > 3KZ at selection of excellent tunes displayed over a period of time. - No
Is Leppa > 3KZ at his knowledge of the Ancient Roman Republic and the transition to the Principate? - Unsure.
Should have gone with me on the third option. History 1C (Ancient) was not wasted on me at Melbourne Uni.

Should have gone with me on the third option. History 1C (Ancient) was not wasted on me at Melbourne Uni.
But I don't know if Leppa is a serious Ancient History buff. How can I be sure??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back