Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Sydney Swans.

My word, I HATE THESE FLOGS.

Boring club, boring game plan, boring city.

HOWEVER, they are a solid side.

Three massive pluses for us atm:

Nick Smith - Really rate the boy. Great tagger/defender. Will not play.

Goodes: Out. Don't have to say more.

McGlynn: Underdone. Has a sore ankle. Let's run him off his legs and hope his foot falls off.

This club has irritated me for so long. Flooding, backwards kicking. Destroyed the game for a couple of years until Geelong went ape****.

Anymore opposition news anyone know of?

Let's smash these flogs. :thumbsu:

With a Draw (They had 19 men on the field when we were frantically trying to take the lead back, which the slimy scumbags tried to turn back on us) and a 1 point loss (2 disgusting umpiring decisions in the last 5 minutes) since that last win against them.

Would be great to roll them on their own turf. I see Goodes has been rubbed out (not before time), now with GC and GWS they won't get the favourable treatment they have for so long.

They've got some darn good talent to burn in that team. Jack, Smith, Reid and Parker just to name a few. Mumford Vs. Goldy will be fantastic.

Let the hate flow through you!

palpatine.jpg

I have a lot of respect for the Swans irrespective how much the offended supporters like to whine about them.

Sure they played eye-bleedingly ugly at times under Paul Roos but they have played a fantastic standard for a long, long time and we will have to play at our best to overcome them.

I don't hate Sydney at all. However I don't like them either.

I respect them and their resilience.

:thumbsu: They haven't stuffed around with 'rebuilding' which I respect.

I see this as almost as important as beating the Cats. It has been along time since we played that well, and even longer since we played that well two weeks in a row.

I see this as almost as important as beating the Cats. It has been along time since we played that well, and even longer since we played that well two weeks in a row.
Yep. This is the sort of game that we historically lose. For years we have been able to occasionally get ourselves up for a big game and play quite well, for it to quickly unravel the following week. Goes without saying that I hope those days are behind us. A win this week would tell us a lot!

Yep without No1 and PP as we have, only theyve maintained slightly higher positions during that time. Probably partly because of a real home ground advantage. Never the less they have been first class and once those teams with PPs and massive draft handouts filter through i suspect the way North and Swans have done it to become the norm. Best ever thing getting rid of PPs.

On the game, we just had to beat one of Geelong or Swans to push for an 8 spot, especially after dropping that game to the Dons. To knock off Geelong gives us a golden opportunity to follow up and win both games which would go along way to helping set up our push for finals footy.

Huge opportunity for us this game. We also need to prove we arent one hit wonders, but a class team and able to back it up week after week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a look at their board, I didnt know Sydney posters were such a group of w***ers. There a couple that are really good and know their footy- but the majority come across as complete ********s tbqh.

Some total clowns over there. Making some of the Scum look modest in comparison.

Having a look at their board, I didnt know Sydney posters were such a group of w***ers. There a couple that are really good and know their footy- but the majority come across as complete ********s tbqh.

They probably think the same looking at our board.

Some massive tossers on there. Especially "Vonn" from the Northern beaches. Used to have a photo of herself as her avatar :eek:

:thumbsu:

Nice stat that I like reading:

Last time we beat the Cats before Sunday - Round 5, 2007.
Last time we beat the Swans - Round 6, 2007.

Stars aligning folks.

Does anyone honestly think Goodes won't get off.
I reckon there would have been phone calls made already.

I kinda find it hard to believe he's been given a week in the first place. It's Adam Goodes ffs. :D

Does anyone honestly think Goodes won't get off.
I reckon there would have been phone calls made already.

If he gets off send Hunter to him.

Last year Goodes was there in a couple of critical moments, at the minimum we broke even. Our poor kicking is what lost us the game.

No doubt Goodes being out would be an advantage.

However him getting off would be typical but not the end of the world.

The Swans fans seem to be in a real state of panic at the thought of Goodes's absence.

I get the impression that they see this as a real danger game.

A loss this week does make the Geelong win a little bit more hollow as amazing as it was. Need to beat top 8 sides regularly to be a fixture yourselves.

Don't know why everyone's rubbishing the Sydney board, EVERY opposition board looks like that the week you are playing them!

I have a lot of respect for the Swans for the same reasons already posted, **** the rebuild, let's just be competitive - very good mindset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back