Oppo Camp Operation 'Cull the Swan'.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gonna be a tough f*****g contest, they hate to loose on the SCG and will be out to try put us back in our box I reckon.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Gonna be a tough f*****g contest, they hate to lose on the SCG and will be out to try put us back in our box I reckon.

I do not underestimate the Swans. They are a solid unit. They have added pace to that harden bunch they usually put on the field. They are a dangerous mob. Have rated their defense for years and their effort to get numbers behind the ball (especially their mids) is second to none.

I don't like it because it turns the game into a boring as bat**** slog, but they're really good at doing it. Need to win contested possies to get in the box seat. Won't be easy.

Spitta09

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't love them or hate them. They in fact have a lot common with us.. they dont tank ,dont have a lot of top end draft talent on their list and are a very honest side.
Definitely not a team i like watching same goes for stkilda they are as defensive as they come.
They will undoubtedely tag wells and probably swallow or harvey.
The thing I am most worried about is leaking goals. Our defence will need to step up on the weekend because it will be a tightly contested game and we definitely won't be allowed to score so freely and run and carry.
In for a very tough game if we win this I will be even more wrapped than this win against geelong believe it or not!!

A loss this week does make the Geelong win a little bit more hollow as amazing as it was. Need to beat top 8 sides regularly to be a fixture yourselves.

Don't know why everyone's rubbishing the Sydney board, EVERY opposition board looks like that the week you are playing them!

I have a lot of respect for the Swans for the same reasons already posted, **** the rebuild, let's just be competitive - very good mindset.

Cheers and thanks for the input.

Interesting observation, the bold.

Still hold the view that the majority of the North Board posters are all deluded ****wits?

Some total clowns over there. Making some of the Scum look modest in comparison.

I had a look at the preview thread that was started out following their Port game. We got bagged from the get go.
Then they concluded we were all clueless posters. And this was before we played Geelong.
Considering the excellent interaction we had last week with the Cats fans, I kept reading on through the thread and stopped a third of the way in. Not even going to be humble with them this week.
**** em. I really hope we win this week PLAYING OUR FOOTY.
Bringing in Greenwood or another defenders shows we are not backing ourselves in. Same 22 plays. Goodes or no Goodes.

Early reports are they want someone to go to Harvey, someone to go to Wells, someone to watch Basti and someone to go with Swallow.
Excellent. All their mids can do that whilst we win the footy.

They probably think the same looking at our board.

The majority of posters on here dont go making conclusions that a whole teams posters have NFI. We name names.

Stan Darsh

Team Captain
May 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Swans fans have always hated us. I feel quite indifferent towards them, like most North fans.

careyflag420-420x0.jpg

Chin up swannies, they might make the 2096 Premiership trophy gold. :thumbsu:

That game last year should have been ours!!:mad:

Here is a reminder of last years game:

[YOUTUBE]-C6jAbdINEA[/YOUTUBE]

And the free against :

[YOUTUBE]d1vWloVpfKI[/YOUTUBE]

By golly I hope we win this week

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cheers and thanks for the input.

Interesting observation, the bold.

Still hold the view that the majority of the North Board posters are all deluded ****wits?

Groggyk ya missed the line b4 your bold highlight.......We need to more against the top sides bla bla bla to be a fixture in top 8.......I just wished you askedhim how would he know?? Not from experience.:D

Wow, you guys win a game against a top 4 side and all of a sudden you are world beaters, talk about getting carried away. Gee whizz!

Who's getting carried away you fool. If you bother to read our summary of the Geelong game the general consensus is that we got Geelong at a good time. We only started giving your mob s**t by virtue of the crap written on your board in the preview thread.

Talking about overrating, go back and read some of the laughable comments your own supporters have posted. Or you could participate by adding something instead of coming on here and being an antagonistic nob.

Radical Roo

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Thornbury
AFL Club
North Melbourne
THis will be a very tough contest, if not the toughest of the season. U look at carltank and horthorn r flying, we have always matched up well against them, use past yr as reference but against floodney we haven't really had much chance at putting them on the back foot

Hopper10

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2012
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The only good thing about GWS & GC is the hand out city now has some competition sucking arse with the AFL.
We get them rammed down our throats by the free to air arrangements in NSW. You'd think we all wanted them to succeed, not.
Are they still getting the extra money for Sydney being to expensive to live in? Them flogs still cheer a behind FFS:rolleyes:

If we only win 2 more game for the year, please make it against the Swans.

Cheers all.

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can see the Swans flooding hard in this match, slowing the tempo and pressuring the ball carrier.

If this ends up in a shoot out we will kill them.

Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Really not sure why they're so confident in thrashing us this week. Last year they won by a point with some heavy flooding in our forward half the last 5 minutes. Are they a 10 goal better side in Sydney or am I missing something here?

Aside from some light-hearted banter (and it really isn't meant to be taken too seriously), I don't think anybody is suggesting we'll thrash you. This is widely considered a massive challenge; while Geelong haven't been the same side as last year, the Swans haven't really beaten anybody yet themselves, so there's not much to compare the two sides on. Both North and the Swans are unproven, and it's pretty much impossible to tip.

Should be a cracker of a game between two young and talented midfields, in any case. You'll find yourselves up against a much less negative Swans side this weekend.

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
Loving the guy who says he's indifferent towards the Swans, as most North fans are, and that it's the Swans who hate North.

We don't have a 'Cull the Roo' thread on our board...

Well, you're in Bat Country now, aren't ya?

Stan Darsh

Team Captain
May 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Loving the guy who says he's indifferent towards the Swans, as most North fans are, and that it's the Swans who hate North.

We don't have a 'Cull the Roo' thread on our board...

Most people have expressed feeling apathetic towards the swans in the thread though. Without going over the whole thread again, OP was the only one who hated you guys.

Sydney supporters absolutely can't stand us.

Most people have expressed feeling apathetic towards the swans in the thread though. Without going over the whole thread again, OP was the only one who hated you guys.

Sydney supporters absolutely can't stand us.

I say this probably in fear of getting carded, but say it also to be absolutely genuinely honest about my feelings for North: they are an irrelevant club to me. I'm not saying I want them to fold, or I think they will, they're just a bland club in my eyes, same as the Western Bulldogs and to some extent Brisbane. I take little notice of how they do, and I care little for how they do either. Again, not meant as a troll, an insult, or anything, just how I genuinely feel about them.

Back