db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Balme is the man which should be chaseing hard to rebuild our footy department he is the first priority we need there at punt road before any other appointment and I hope the reports are true we a pushing hard to get him March and co.He did it at the pies and the cats with success and is tiger blood.This our one chance we can get it right.

I think him and Sheeds are close as he tried to take him to Windy Hill but they opposed I hope we can convince him.

Balme is so good in building a great football department around a club.

my dream team next year would be Balme come in to manage the list, Sheedy the mentor and Malthouse as coach.

All ex tigers from the good ol days, al respect each other and played together and would have pride in the jumper. Add to that Campbell as an assistant (under the right guidence) flea continuing his work around - we have a foundation of key people who are not only the "best people for the job" but the "best tigers for the job"

If we could lure Hardwick into an assistants role with the intention of him taking over from malthouse in 2 seasons - wow, that would be amazing.

(those people who say "why not get Hardwick in straight away then?" Well, i think the players and the team need to learn many of the lessons that Malthouse can clearly teach best - how to play as a team unit, etc etc)

Malthouse, Balme and Sheedy - the experience and confidence those blokes would carry in key positions of correcting this clubs culture would be massive

my dream team next year would be Balme come in to manage the list, Sheedy the mentor and Malthouse as coach.

All ex tigers from the good ol days, al respect each other and played together and would have pride in the jumper. Add to that Campbell as an assistant (under the right guidence) flea continuing his work around - we have a foundation of key people who are not only the "best people for the job" but the "best tigers for the job"

If we could lure Hardwick into an assistants role with the intention of him taking over from malthouse in 2 seasons - wow, that would be amazing.

(those people who say "why not get Hardwick in straight away then?" Well, i think the players and the team need to learn many of the lessons that Malthouse can clearly teach best - how to play as a team unit, etc etc)

Malthouse, Balme and Sheedy - the experience and confidence those blokes would carry in key positions of correcting this clubs culture would be massive

We fail again and again. Getting Malthouse as coach will be the worse thing that will ever happen. If you want you can have my MCC membership ticket and RFC membership because I wont be using it. If we get some young blood then great. I am for Balme to come and help this ailing club. I love the club, but does Malthouse!!! I dont think he does. Malthouse coaches whoever and could not give a hoot about the tigers. All he will do is build up his bank balance !!!

We fail again and again. Getting Malthouse as coach will be the worse thing that will ever happen. If you want you can have my MCC membership ticket and RFC membership because I wont be using it. If we get some young blood then great. I am for Balme to come and help this ailing club. I love the club, but does Malthouse!!! I dont think he does. Malthouse coaches whoever and could not give a hoot about the tigers. All he will do is build up his bank balance !!!

what is that based on? i have no reason to think that.

Malthouse did a excellent job at both West Coast and Collingwood. He has always had a team of players that are well trained, full of heart, tough as nails and that execute with a german like method. He is EXACTLY the type of coach we need. One who would not take s**t, does not care if the player is a super star or a kid - he trust them all equally with a job , and lets them know equally when they are not performing.

Hardwick is the only fresh face coach i feel comfortable with, but **** - i think our side is too much of a head case for someone with fresh blood. Get Malthouse in for 2 years, let him iron out the flaws in their mentality and toughen them up - get hardwick in as assistant and let it be known that he is going to be considered our next head coach if he can show the club that he is up to it.

I know the fresh face coachs are all the rage, but don't under-estimate where we are at. Wallace failed, and so did Frawley. One was experienced, the other was not. Both equally failed. So what that means is we need to find the best person to coach.

Why do you think Malthouse would be such a disaster as coach? what is that based on? the bloke has never been a disaster as a coach:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back