Coach Operation Get Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

From the same flog who brought you the Sign Hinkley thread :mad:
Macca be like:

8Mkx018.jpg

Over the last couple of years i thought Hardwick was the coach we needed.
To me he epitomised the touch uncompromising edge our playing group needs.
Given that he has pulled the plug at this point of the season I’m not sure he is our best option.
It’s now almost June, allowing for the fact the draft etc starts in September it’s not a lot of time to recover from the burn out/stress.
Somehow I think there’s a big chance he doesn’t coach next season.
Right now we need change but I’m not sure a burnt out coach who potentially has lost the drive and hunger is what we need.
Obviously we need to ask the question but it is definitely not a simple decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the last couple of years i thought Hardwick was the coach we needed.
To me he epitomised the touch uncompromising edge our playing group needs.
Given that he has pulled the plug at this point of the season I’m not sure he is our best option.
It’s now almost June, allowing for the fact the draft etc starts in September it’s not a lot of time to recover from the burn out/stress.
Somehow I think there’s a big chance he doesn’t coach next season.
Right now we need change but I’m not sure a burnt out coach who potentially has lost the drive and hunger is what we need.
Obviously we need to ask the question but it is definitely not a simple decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pretty easy to get the motivation if you see a premiership or three coming

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

West Coast is a graveyard shift, can’t see why Hardwick would need to touch it.

Yeah. They’d be able to offer him his own island, but if he couldn’t live through rebuilding Richmond (again), why would he risk painting his overall legacy with Denis Pagan at Carlton stinklines.

Wow I didn't see that coming. Mark Robinson on FOX Sports is already linking Hardwick with Port yet in this morning's press Robinson is adamant that Port should re sign Ken Hinkley. Robinson also starts his re sign Ken spiel with 'David Koch is a smart man' so I am not sure Robbo's opinion should count for much.

The downer as I see it is that Hardwick is citing burn out as a reason for quitting the Richmond job. Damien Hardwick would be a great replacement for Hinkley but if he wants or feels the need for a break from coaching he may not be available.

There are still numerous questions to be answered before the 2024 Port coaching job is settled. There will be several other questions but a few that have occurred to me are-

1 What, if any, are the performance goals set for Hinkley by the PAFC Board in 2023? If any such goals exist are they related to a ladder finish?

2 Has Josh Carr been elevated within the PAFC Coaching panel and if so has he been told he is the heir apparent to Hinkley's job ? If, as several people on this site believe, this is so where would appointing Hardwick leave Josh Carr? I realise that the question is based on supposition but there are people in the media and on this site who believe that Josh was tapped on the shoulder.

3 Is Ken Hinkley being wooed by interstate clubs? Now that Richmond is in the market will Hinkley be drawn to a return to Victoria to coach a big time club? If Hinkley signs with another club that is a huge part of the problem solved.

4 Is Damien Hardwick at all interested in coaching in 2024 and if so is he interested in a return to Alberton?

Prior to Hardwick walking away from Richmond I did not see a logical replacement for Ken Hinkley but now I do; provided the man is available.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back