List Mgmt. Operation: Get Jaeger

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson thinks the Saints are the front runners for every player.
Indeed. This just now:
Brett Anderson: There's a good chance that Jack Steele will be in red, white and black next year

And if we do get him, you can hate him from the start, call him "the Shag", continually call for his de-listing, ignore his good games and focus on isolated mistakes, blame the coach for every failure, related or unrelated, and continually justify pathetic umpiring performances with bogus excuses.

Good times ahead for mav. :thumbsu:
na, the guy can play.

btw, how's LT last month been? One good game, 4 shyte ones...time and time again.

Indeed. This just now:
Brett Anderson: There's a good chance that Jack Steele will be in red, white and black next year
I would be surprised if they had the money to pry him from the giants with the saints picking up an expensive Carlise.

If anyone else heard Brad Scott the night he was on SEN's "In the Coaches' Box" on a recent Friday night, where he discussed the subject of a proper mini rebuild and what it would entail at length, they'd agree the above direction is the one we'll most likely be aiming towards. He said that night that the only way to reboot your list was with multiple 1st and 2nd round draft selections. He also said the list management team were well down the track in planning for such a time, which shouldn't make this week's events that big a surprise for anyone who was listening.

I suspect we'd earmarked this year and next, as the first of the less compromised drafts, in which to do said reboot.

If so, there will be exciting times ahead. Like opening a pack of footy cards, but this time you are guaranteed a couple of special cards in the pack.

Last edited:
I'm all for it if we are confident with his medical results. Why not roll the dice?

Need to rename thread: Player #1: (Potentially/Hopefully) Jaeger O'Meara

Future-HOF'er Megathread

Good in theory but im fairly sure you cant trade players after 1 season of being drafted. Dont quote me on this as i could be wrong.

As mentioned by others, you can. They come in on a minimum two-year contract but that doesn't prevent trading. Their wage for first two year does remain as dictated by AFL's CBA.

I reckon it's something brewing deep dark and quiet.

Just like a thousand odd AFL journos didn't pick up on or speculate on our recent retirements.

NM doesn't sell papers - unless there's something to criticise us for.

Petrie was on close to 500k and you can take that to the bank.

I wish I could take 500k to the bank.

Colin Young isn't doing his job if he hasn't spoken to clubs and fielded preliminary offers.

He did say 'O'Meara' hadnt spoken to any club though. Carlton mentioned they have spoken to the manager mid year and i am sure a number of clubs would have spoken to him by now.

He did say 'O'Meara' hadnt spoken to any club though. Carlton mentioned they have spoken to the manager mid year and i am sure a number of clubs would have spoken to him by now.

Yes, he's being careful. Jaeger hasn't *met* any clubs yet, which is as it should be. But I bet Young has had lots of conversations with a number of clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dirty you know of many other sportsmen who have made it back to top level sport following a patella tendon rupture (assuming this is the injury you had)?

Victor Cruz (WR for the New York Giants) was one who O'Meara referenced early on after his injury - but he hasn't played for 2 years now either!!
Not that many I am aware of. Mine started with a severe dislocation which did a lot of damage to the tendon and cartlidge. Long story short, it resulted in a looseness of the tendon which in turn resulted in more dislocations, cartlidge tears, ligament strains and obviously more surgeries. I ended up having patella realignment surgery as I was playing with the knee cap sitting 8mm out of place (this was achieved by cutting the bone around the tendon and using screws to put it back in place). After a long road back from that op, I managed to get a year of footy before severly dislocating it again. Career over. The worst/hardest thing was the inability to train due to the pain and constant swelling it caused. Now it is swollen 24/7, bone on bone and full of arthritis. Not ideal for a tradesman and I battle with it everyday. The joys of footy.

Can anyone clarify if O'meara met with Sunders at the same time as Swallow? Surely this was cleared by the club & O’meara manager which would imply communication has been made about his future.

He's been meeting with all and sunders.

Not that many I am aware of. Mine started with a severe dislocation which did a lot of damage to the tendon and cartlidge. Long story short, it resulted in a looseness of the tendon which in turn resulted in more dislocations, cartlidge tears, ligament strains and obviously more surgeries. I ended up having patella realignment surgery as I was playing with the knee cap sitting 8mm out of place (this was achieved by cutting the bone around the tendon and using screws to put it back in place). After a long road back from that op, I managed to get a year of footy before severly dislocating it again. Career over. The worst/hardest thing was the inability to train due to the pain and constant swelling it caused. Now it is swollen 24/7, bone on bone and full of arthritis. Not ideal for a tradesman and I battle with it everyday. The joys of footy.
Sorry to hear about your injury, you have provided a good understanding of the severity of the injury

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. Sounds slightly different to JOM however as he ruptured his patella tendon whereas your problems seemed to stem from the patella (bone) actually dislocating - which caused secondary tendon and cartilage complications. Not a great area to have problems with though!

Can anyone clarify if O'meara met with Sunders at the same time as Swallow? Surely this was cleared by the club & O’meara manager which would imply communication has been made about his future.
Don't think anyone has suggested this.

Swallow apparently has PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) damage - which is a bugger to get right as well.

Cheers mate. Sounds slightly different to JOM however as he ruptured his patella tendon whereas your problems seemed to stem from the patella (bone) actually dislocating - which caused secondary tendon and cartilage complications. Not a great area to have problems with though!
Wasn't entirely sure as to how his injury came about and what the finer details were. I do know it is a real tricky area to get right. I hope he gets back to playing some great footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back