Operation Get Tippett (Officially, finally, over)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some doors are only open temporarily. I don't think Tippett will be permanently on standby whenever we need him.

Its not impossible that our midfield improves considerably next season. Put Leuenberger in there, get another pre-season into Rich, Redden, Rocky, Polec, Zorko, Green and Beams... who knows.

Yeah that's a good point.

Do you think Tippett would look at our midfield's current capability to supply him the ball before making the change? As for all we know it might not change over the off-season.

I think we need a blue chip midfielder first and foremost but can't see us in a position to add one this year. Talk of Dayne Beams is fantastical. No way Collingwood will let him go and they will be in premiership contention for at least the next three years so I'm sure he's happy there. A reliable, talented KF is second on the rung and Tippett solves that problem. If we can get him, I'd say add him. If the clause actually exists (unlikely); sensational, we get him cheap.

I doesn't matter who you have in the goal square if you continually get smashed in the clearances. We need some elite midfield talent before we throw the farm at Tippett.

I doesn't matter who you have in the goal square if you continually get smashed in the clearances. We need some elite midfield talent before we throw the farm at Tippett.

I definitely agree, but where is this going to come from? Even if we pick up Garlett, Kennedy or Mayes in the draft they're not going to instantly change our situation. I think the three Rs need some support (I suggested Moloney in the trade thread) and we need a few of the B/C tier mids to step up. Confident that Green will and have faith in Polec. Lester looks promising and Karny apparently a potentially classy mid. If we back our mids to take the next step and add a KF we can perhaps afford to not pick up another mid draftee this year.

I would be seriously considering offering Dayne Beams a **** load of cash and a 5 year contract. Trade our 1st Rounder and either our Compo or Second Rounder and Banfield and Cornelius.

Dayne Beams could lift our side to the finals!!!!

I would be seriously considering offering Dayne Beams a **** load of cash and a 5 year contract. Trade our 1st Rounder and either our Compo or Second Rounder and Banfield and Cornelius.

so could the other beams...

but not as a sub

Assuming Tippett was in the team playing CHF/Ruck ... FF would be Lisle? ... Lueue/Longer resting forward would play which role and does that leave space for the 'third tall' out of Retz/Ace etc? Or would you have Tippet rucking in the forward and the othe two doing ... oh I don't know! :(
If by some chance Tippett made his way to the Lions, there would be some drastic reshuffling of our forward line.

Carlton have a very strong midfield. I do appreciate the value of a strong KPF but Carlton are a poor team to compare to due to their midfield strength.

Carlton have a far superior midfield to us, but even that can't get them into the finals or win them a flag....They lack a key forward, badly! Key forwards win you games.

The supply doesn't have to always come from the midfield. Sydney gets a lot of their drive from their half back line. I could imagine Drummond or Docherty or even Ash McGrath streaming from the half back flanks, through the centre delivering the ball to Tippett lace up in 2013.

Tippett is a priority for us.

I hadn't thought of Moloney and would not be adverse to trying to get him to assist our midfielders, even if only for 2-3 years.

The same Moloney that can barely get a game for Melbourne and was subbed out yesterday? I really don't think it is a good idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hadn't thought of Moloney and would not be adverse to trying to get him to assist our midfielders, even if only for 2-3 years.
Wouldn't be against Moloney, but at 28 years of age wouldnt really help us in the long run. Look at Trav Johnstone as an example, plus Moloney is very much out of form.
On Tippett, I'd be happy to get him at the right price but I just don't see us getting him at a fair price considering how much Adelaide overrate him. I do like the idea of Brown and Tippett for a year or so though.

There is no way he will leave the Pies, they will not want to lose him, far too important to their team.

Hhhmmmm an over rated over priced power forward haven't we been down this road before!!! This one's got an issue with being concussed 3 weeks in a row to add to his negative's of not being able to kick straight, what happens if we sign him to a 3 year deal and he cops a heavy knock in his first year will he still continue to play? Add to this the fact he wants $600,000 a year i say let GC have him. Browny will go another 1 to 2 years, Lisle looks like he can play, give Karnezis and Cornelius time up forward as they look like they have something and if need be put Merrett up there when Browny retires.

I wouldn't be trading Redden his going to be a solid player and you'll pee off Rockliff aren't they best mates.

If you could get him at the right price and not give up any early picks you'd take a punt on him but apart from that no thanks been down that road before.

I wouldn't be trading Redden his going to be a solid player and you'll pee off Rockliff aren't they best mates.
I have noted a few Adelaide posters seem to think Redden is a possibility. He's one of the few in my 'absolutely no way it'll happen' basket. Would rip the heart out of the team (and his life partner).

What is polecs contract situation, he was talked about from Adelaide people as some sort of trade for tippet last year, just curious ???

I think last night showed WHY we should NOT give up the kitchen sink for tippet, How many times did browny get into space and the ball sailed over his head or was delivered at his bootlaces. A classy mid with our 1st pick is a must.

We also have retzlaff developing very nicely in the ressies and have no doubt if he wasnt injured he would of played several senior games this year.

I think our midfield is fine, I'm pretty confident that things will start coming together towards the end of next season.

I'd say way sooner.....We've missed a utility player like D Beams to throw in to the mix...With Staker to return I can see him & Karnezis sharing/rotating as that utility position next year...I'd go after Tippet and contine to develop our other forwards..

I hope you are right. Would love him in Brisbane but I feel addressing our midfield and recruiting a young KP back is more important.

I'm extremely confident

Prior to his run of head knocks Kurt gave his manager the go-ahead to negotiate a new contract with Adelaide, so the delay in his contract negotiations is a direct result of parking talks while he focuses on his recovery

re the Cloke enquiry, this is yet another example of the media reading way to much into a situation, given the introduction of free agency and Cloke's contract situation I would be very disappointed in my club if they did not make an enquiry on all the top listed players who are available as free or restricted agent, this is the new frontier.

Back on Tippett I don't believe money will be the key issue, Kurt is a competive monster and is driven by success and given that Sando has been able to turn the club around pretty quickly and our Premiership window is now open for the next 4-5 years I believe it will be difficult for either GC or Brisbane to convince Tippett to join their respective clubs during a rebuilding phase when he knows Adelaide will be challenging for a flag

I agree a classy midfielder is what we need someone who can break the lines, we are years off a top four spot anyway so i don't see the rush to bring in a mid 20's over priced power forward. We have a few options coming through they just have to be given game time.

What happened to the rumours that in Tippett's contract was a clause that in his last year he could be traded for a second and third round pick? Was it just that a rumour or is there some truth to it? As i mentioned in a previous post if you could get him without giving away too much i'd take him for sure but i wouldn't be paying overs for him. I reckon Adelaide has two other forwards i'd take before Tippett.

I'm extremely confident

Prior to his run of head knocks Kurt gave his manager the go-ahead to negotiate a new contract with Adelaide, so the delay in his contract negotiations is a direct result of parking talks while he focuses on his recovery

re the Cloke enquiry, this is yet another example of the media reading way to much into a situation, given the introduction of free agency and Cloke's contract situation I would be very disappointed in my club if they did not make an enquiry on all the top listed players who are available as free or restricted agent, this is the new frontier.

Back on Tippett I don't believe money will be the key issue, Kurt is a competive monster and is driven by success and given that Sando has been able to turn the club around pretty quickly and our Premiership window is now open for the next 4-5 years I believe it will be difficult for either GC or Brisbane to convince Tippett to join their respective clubs during a rebuilding phase when he knows Adelaide will be challenging for a flag

Turn it up Sloane, you're kidding yourself. If money wasn't a key issue he would have signed by now.. What's he holding out for and dragging negotiations on for???

Turn it up Sloane, you're kidding yourself. If money wasn't a key issue he would have signed by now.. What's he holding out for and dragging negotiations on for???

time will prove me right

money will not be an issue, Kurt will stay for less than what he could earn back in Qld for the reasons I have stated, he wont be the first player to stay at his club for less money

Again, negotiations commenced prior to his concussions however all parties agreed to park the process until Kurt has returned to full health

time will prove me right

money will not be an issue, Kurt will stay for less than what he could earn back in Qld for the reasons I have stated, he wont be the first player to stay at his club for less money

Again, negotiations commenced prior to his concussions however all parties agreed to park the process until Kurt has returned to full health

Time may also prove you wrong!!...Money is the issue, no matter who he signs for..Simply put he wants more than he's on now...Again if money wasn't an issue he would have signed long before any head issues!!!

Time may also prove you wrong!!...Money is the issue, no matter who he signs for..Simply put he wants more than he's on now...Again if money wasn't an issue he would have signed long before any head issues!!!

four things

1. Let's remember Kurt was very critical of Davi$ leaving Adelaide for putting the coin in front of club loyalty
2. Kurt has stated that Adelaide has paid him overs for the past three seasons to the point where he become the highest ever paid player in the AFC history and this would not have been the case if it wasn't for the GC threat
3. The reason why Kurt waited until mid-season to commence talks had nothing to do with $$$ it was all about giving it time and waiting to see what Sando would bring to the club and to see whether the club would spike (improve) as Sando had promised
4. In connection to the the above point and i was trying to be polite in my earlier posts, there is no way Kurt will be leaving a club who is just entering its premiership window to go to a club who is unlikely to play finals for another 3-4 years
5. Kurt will still be in the top two paid at the AFC and ramain as one of the higgest ever paid at the AFC

Kurt will stay and chase success rather than leave and chase extra $$$$

Over & Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back