Operation get Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well tippet is the obvious one, but geez imagine getting cloke...and best of all he is a free agent. Not giving up a high draft pick is surely worth paying a few hundred K more then Tippett?

And really i sure vossy would hsve regained his trade fever and would be all over cloke

Some teams will jumped the gun a win big with free agency early...hopefully we can.

Thoughts

No no no gross gross gross!

No Clokes at the Lions thanks!

Ewww!!!!!

Yeah, it would be weird having a Clole up here. I can't see him fitting in. Given his superstar status in Melbourne, I think coming up here would be a bit of a culture shock.

Also, we have an aesthetically pleasing forward line and he would upset the natural order of things.

Yeah, after getting our cap in some form of Order, would hate to throw it back into dissaray to get Cloke.

Would prefer to start front loading some of our existing "required players" contracts (if possible).

operation.jpg

I would love T Cloke at our club. He is a superstar and if there is an opportunity for us to get him, then I say go for it. However, it is a pipe dream, as I think we all realise.

I am a bit surprised at the angst about this suggestion. Even if you don't like the Clokes, surely the idea of sticking it to Collingwood overcomes that?

I would love T Cloke at our club. He is a superstar and if there is an opportunity for us to get him, then I say go for it. However, it is a pipe dream, as I think we all realise.

I am a bit surprised at the angst about this suggestion. Even if you don't like the Clokes, surely the idea of sticking it to Collingwood overcomes that?
Only Collingwood player I'd take is Beams :p:thumbsu:

Would fit in nicely with his brother. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep....this bit does appeal.

Would like to see the current crop of players grow together and make our own superstars. The talent is there, it's up to the players and the coaches to make this happen.

We had a crack at recruiting established power fowards, anyone remember how that worked out last time?

Wasnt there a rumour going around last year at trade time that Dayne wanted to play with Claye, and was interested in going North? Wonder when his contact ends...

We had a crack at recruiting established power fowards, anyone remember how that worked out last time?

Our list structure is a fair bit different to last time. And Cloke is a very different proposition to Fev.

We also recruited a power forward on a ridiculous 10 year contract and it turned out OK.

I am concerned that our future forward stocks are comprised of late draft picks who haven't shown (yet) that they will be anything more than serviceable. We can either hope that our existing stocks come good, draft one early and hope that he doesn't take 6 years to develop or we can go out and try and land a big fish. I would hate to see us rule out that last option because we stuffed up with Fevola.

We've paid Browny premium dollars for the last 8 years - he is worth every cent. Other than the fact that he is one of our own, is there any difference committing similar sort of money to another elite tall forward?

I am concerned that our future forward stocks are comprised of late draft picks who haven't shown (yet) that they will be anything more than serviceable. We can either hope that our existing stocks come good, draft one early and hope that he doesn't take 6 years to develop or we can go out and try and land a big fish.

100% Correct. I find it concerning that with 3 developing tall forwards, Retz, ACorn & Lisle on our list, the coaching staff still prefer to play Dan Merrett in the forward line over giving them a game (rounds 1-3 this year).

While I hope each of these players develops into guns, we need to be realistic that they may in fact not.

That said, I'm all for Tippett as long as we hold onto Redden, Polec etc, which may not be possible, so also happy to attempt drafting some KPP future talent.

Only Collingwood player I'd take is Beams :p:thumbsu:

Would fit in nicely with his brother. :cool:

Whilst he'd not bad and has massive potential he'd be third on my list behind Pendelbury and N. Brown.

But back to Choke, he's not worth it to us at the moment. The only clubs that should be chasing someone like that are either in or on the verge of entering into a premiership window. We're probably 3 years away from there so not much point in tying up so much money in one player when we don't need him for PR as we have Browny.

The time to hunt around is in a couple of years and maybe look at some of those who have been in the system a few years now who will be free-agents then. Like Hawkins for one.

Agree with Slax, we still need a few more pieces before we try and top up with a player like Cloke.

We will be in a good position in a couple of years. This year we will have another 3 top 30 picks to add to your list (we've indicated we're using our Compensation Pick)

Come 2014/15 we could make a big move with Free Agency, our Salary Cap should still have some room with space vacated by Mitch Clarke, Black and Brown.

I say strick while the irons hot if we can get a key forward to help brown while he's still there I say go for it if that's Cloke or someother key forward sure we might not go that way but use the money we have free now beacuse come 2014 players like Redden Rockliff and Rich will be on more money by the time black and brown retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back