Opinion Operation: Key Forward

Would you like to see Buddy in the red, gold and blue?

• Of course, who wouldn't

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No - for a number of reasons

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As you probably all know, I think it is imperative that we sign a true power forward. It will straighten us up, give us a 'get out of gaol' option and they would take the number one defender and double team allowing Day/Lynch/May to develop and be really dangerous.

With Buddy out of contract at the end of the year, us having signed most of our young talent up already and us potentially saving 1.5 million(?) odd with the potential departures of Campbell and Jared......... What do you think?

image.jpg

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
More negatives than positives. I don't doubt that if we got him though we would almost immediately become a finals side in 2014.

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
there is no reason he would come here..
ive heard that he frequents sydney a lot, he has heaps of friends in rugby union that he visits..
i guess he would be close to digby and quade if he moved up here.. dont see that happening.
port wanna throw money at him as well. if anything he will go to either freo gws or stay at hawthorn

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
there is no reason he would come here..
ive heard that he frequents sydney a lot, he has heaps of friends in rugby union that he visits..
i guess he would be close to digby and quade if he moved up here.. dont see that happening.
port wanna throw money at him as well. if anything he will go to either freo gws or stay at hawthorn

Am mates with James O'Connors brother from school and saw this picture on his facebook recently. Looks like Franklin is good mates with Quade & Digby.

Think it would only be bad news with him up here. It is imperitive that the suns recruit the right type of person as well as player. Not sure I'd rate their decisions with Krakoeur, Brennan, Brown in that department..but anyway.

Also I don't think Franklin is necessarily the type of key forward to 'straighten up' a team. Not that I am advocating for us to recruit these particular players but guys in the mold of Petrie, Hawkins, Cloke seem to fit that bill better in my opinion.

Attachments

• 577326_10152641470300224_338943732_n.jpg
    577326_10152641470300224_338943732_n.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 66

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think it'd be great to have him.

Seems like a good bloke. I don't see it happening though.

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2013 FREE AGENTS
ADELAIDE
Jason Porplyzia
Brent Reilly
Ben Rutten
Nathan van Berlo

BRISBANE LIONS
Simon Black
Jonathan Brown
Joel Patfull

CARLTON
Eddie Betts
Andrew Carrazzo
Heath Scotland

COLLINGWOOD
Alan Didak
Ben Johnson
Nick Maxwell
Dale Thomas

ESSENDON
Dustin Fletcher
David Hille
Nathan Lovett-Murray
Jobe Watson
Jason Winderlich

FREMANTLE
Michael Johnson

GEELONG
Paul Chapman
Joel Corey
Corey Enright
Mathew Stokes

HAWTHORN
Max Bailey
Xavier Ellis
Lance Franklin
Luke Hodge
Sam Mitchell
Michael Osborne

MELBOURNE
Aaron Davey
Colin Sylvia

NORTH MELBOURNE
Michael Firrito
Brent Harvey
Scott McMahon
Drew Petrie
Daniel Wells

PORT ADELAIDE
Alipate Carlile
Kane Cornes

RICHMOND
Daniel Jackson
Luke McGuane
Chris Newman
Shane Tuck
Matt White

ST KILDA
Jason Blake
Lenny Hayes
Justin Koschitzke
Stephen Milne

SYDNEY SWANS
Jude Bolton
Adam Goodes

WEST COAST
Dean Cox
Andrew Embley
Darren Glass
Mark LeCras
Mark Nicoski
Adam Selwood
Beau Waters

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Adam Cooney
Daniel Cross
Daniel Giansiracusa
Dale Morris

Can't remember where I actually sourced this from... But there you go.

See anything you like? :p

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The main reason I can't see Buddy coming here is that he's repeatedly stated that he wants to be a one club player.

Pretty strange that he put off contract talks though. Surely he could get what he wants out of Hawthorn?

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The main reason I can't see Buddy coming here is that he's repeatedly stated that he wants to be a one club player.

Pretty strange that he put off contract talks though. Surely he could get what he wants out of Hawthorn?
To be fair, on the grapevine I heard - and this may be a BST Weekly Exclusive - that it's actually the club who've put off talks due to certain drug based rumours... If you know where I'm heading with that.

But, we can all still dream, right?

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
McKenzie finds the ball in centre square, cannon boot to the forward line... FINDS FRANKLINNNNN

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be fair, on the grapevine I heard - and this may be a BST Weekly Exclusive - that it's actually the club who've put off talks due to certain drug based rumours... If you know where I'm heading with that.

But, we can all still dream, right?
Are you suggesting Mr.Franklin has a drug issue off the field? I think the club is just going to have to accept they will need to develop their own key forward instead of chasing one. Kurt Tippett was there really big chance to get one and they missed out. Still don't really understand why they traded Dayne Zorko to Brisbane, he has been a revelation for the Lions since he arrived.

Dec 28, 2011
Denver
AFL Club
Gold Coast
i reckon we pick a high scoring tall forward from either the sanfl or wafl..
similar to what st kilda did with tom lee.
see how that would go.
look at how nth melbs picked up currie, went from back up for the back ups
to number 1 ruckman

Not a bad play.

Do you guys think if our KPFs don't hit this season, that we'll go after Boyd in the draft? I obviously don't want us in a position to pick him, but would you pick him if he is there?

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not a bad play.

Do you guys think if our KPFs don't hit this season, that we'll go after Boyd in the draft? I obviously don't want us in a position to pick him, but if would you pick him if he is there?
Every day of the week.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Are you suggesting Mr.Franklin has a drug issue off the field? I think the club is just going to have to accept they will need to develop their own key forward instead of chasing one. Kurt Tippett was there really big chance to get one and they missed out. Still don't really understand why they traded Dayne Zorko to Brisbane, he has been a revelation for the Lions since he arrived.

We had to choose either Zorko or Matty Warnock. That's all there is to understand about it really.

I'm very happy we went with Warnock. He saved our skins from numerous blowouts last year. Vastly underrated.

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
We had to choose either Zorko or Matty Warnock. That's all there is to understand about it really.

I'm very happy we went with Warnock. He saved our skins from numerous blowouts last year. Vastly underrated.

The structural benefits we've got from Warnock far outweigh anything Zorko could have brought to us despite him being a gun.

Back