Opinion Operation: Key Forward

Would you like to see Buddy in the red, gold and blue?

• Of course, who wouldn't

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No - for a number of reasons

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Steven May
Charlie Dixon
Tom Lynch
Sam Day

Who do you guys like to shine this year? ;) I want to see a lot more of Lynch. Seems to be perpetually injured. Dixon was looking the goods. Ideally all four of them would be breaking out.

Lynch will be the best easily. Probably already is. Will play 200+ games.
Question marks over Day, but we give him time.
Dixon is a utility but MUST cement a position by the end of the year.
May has looked good forward, but needs more runs under the belt than 1 game against Hawthorn as a fwd.

Day seems to struggle on the lead and experienced defenders know how to negate his leap. As I see it Sam has to develop the upper body strength (such as a Cloke) so he is harder to match up on. If he can do that he will out muscle you then you cant put a running type defender as he will push you aside and if you put a gorilla on him he will out leap you but at this stage he is a one trick pony and is being exposed for it. Not his fault he just doesn't have the body yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd honestly not be worth more than a third round pick at best if he continues this output and form for two more years.

I think 2 years is fair. I want to see another young KPF come through the draft and pressure his spot...

Oh hi Tom Boyd, didn't see you there! ;)

Now that there doesn't seem to be a spot down back for him. I wonder how the mighty Seb Tape would go at FF. :cool:

Have you guys tried Day at CHB and plonking dixon at FF? Day seems like a high quality CHB to me with his pace and agility. I would try to get Glass rather than buddy he'd be way cheaper and can shift dixon to the forward line.

Have you guys tried Day at CHB and plonking dixon at FF? Day seems like a high quality CHB to me with his pace and agility. I would try to get Glass rather than buddy he'd be way cheaper and can shift dixon to the forward line.

Days kicking is not great (to a leading player) and Rory has made CHB his own.

When Charlie is playing at full forward he has the same problems that Sammy Day does. He gets matched up on the best defender, usually a defender who has spent 5+ years in the system, and gets nullified.

The reason why Dixon has looked more threatening recently is because he's playing in the resting ruck position, often on the second best defender. It gives him more of an ability to shine and roam around the ground.

Have we thought about possibly doing ala West Coast, 3 tall forward forward line? Dixon (resting ruck), Day and Lynch (or put May or Gorringe in there). The other team will probably not have 3 tall defenders, just make sure we are picking the right option.

Have we thought about possibly doing ala West Coast, 3 tall forward forward line? Dixon (resting ruck), Day and Lynch (or put May or Gorringe in there). The other team will probably not have 3 tall defenders, just make sure we are picking the right option.

I believe this is Bluey's plan to some extent for this season. Not sure how much exactly it will replicate the old WCE model but I think it will to some extent. I sure hope it will... I think its the best way for our forward line to have any chance this year of kicking bags.

Back