Opinion Operation: Key Forward

Would you like to see Buddy in the red, gold and blue?

• Of course, who wouldn't

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No - for a number of reasons

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You act like he's moving to ******* Canada! Houses can be rented. 2 years in your old stomping grounds for a premiership window that's opening next to Ablett and being fed by the best young midfield in the competition for 2-3 years.

Let's play a game in our forward line. It's called would you rather.

Nick vs. Campbell Brown.
Nick vs. Brennan
Nick vs. Bock
Bick vs. Day right now (not based on potential, use your eyes)
Nick @ 500k vs. Buddy at 1.5m

It won't happen, I think Riewoldt will and should retire as a 1 club player. But I think he's the best available for us given the circumstances. Gary has publicly stated he'd take a pay cut for Buddy, would he do the same for an aging superstar like himself in Riewoldt?

jack is from tassie.
nick grew up on the goldie and his family is still living here.
played at southport before going number 1
reason he wont leave is because he will probably end up going into the
media once he retires and its stupid to come up here for a yr or 2 to
just go back down again.

"as a former player nick, whats it like playing in a winning GF team...? .....oh sorry, you didnt..."

"mate thanks for the question, but i did have a chance to win a couple of premierships with the gold coast, but i was too tight to pay a removalist to pack my belongings and move to the gold coast for 4 seasons. i chose to stay at st kilda instead.."

"do you think you would have been a more complete player and commentator if you had been part of a dual premiership winning side nick..? and would have the change to the coast reinvigorated your career"

"i suppose it would mate, but i penalized myself with a limiting decision. now i'll never know what winning a flag feels like, and i probably failed to play the best footy of my life in front of the games most dynamic midfield.."

"did you REALLY want to win a flag nick?"

"yes, i said it many times toward the end of my career, and to win one on the gold coast would have been a perfect end to my career. i guess i didnt have the foresight...or the courage of my convictions.."

I'd rather be a 1 club player that played in but lost grand finals then a mercenary who "went home" to win my first. While I would want the club to sign nick if it was reasonable, I'd respect the player more for being a 1 club player.

Surely he could get a job in the media in Queensland. I would love to see Nick at the Suns. I think that would just give us much more potency and we could finish next year in the top 6.
he works with channel 7, so sundays game day and 7s coverage of games
he would be flying down all the time
would suck if that was me

Think what most people forget with Nick is that he hasn't lived on the GC for more than a decade. Most of his family and pretty much all of his friends are in Melbourne now. He's very settled there, and I would say unlikely to come back to the Goldy. Besides, I'm not sure how I feel about players turning us down once, and then jumping on board once the painful years are over.

Think what most people forget with Nick is that he hasn't lived on the GC for more than a decade. Most of his family and pretty much all of his friends are in Melbourne now. He's very settled there, and I would say unlikely to come back to the Goldy. Besides, I'm not sure how I feel about players turning us down once, and then jumping on board once the painful years are over.

*10 years is nothing.

*how much free time does he get now to mix with friends during footy season?

*football ovals are all he sees now. no difference here or there.

*st kilda could say he he is deserting the ship when the 'painful years' are starting...

he works with channel 7, so sundays game day and 7s coverage of games
he would be flying down all the time
would suck if that was me
Do you believe in all honesty that if he did move interstate he would fly back to Melbourne on Sundays to be on GameDay???

a media job could be rolled into the deal to get him here, im sure....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS have officially stated the No1 pick is up for grabs to the highest bidder. The likely No1 pick (according to "on the Couch") is a key forward 199cm and 104 Kgs (forgotten his name). GWS are looking for quality mature players should we offer up Brennen and Richatelli or even Smith as an option to get ourselves in the market for this young gun?

Brennan and Rischitelli wouldn't get us that, no matter your opinions on whether we should trade them.

And Smith? :/ Why would we give our future rivals one of the best young rucks in the league? Would be a huge mistake!

I'm actually more hoping we go for Dom Sheed. Simon Black-esque midfielder from WA. Could still be available at our pick. :D

Do you believe in all honesty that if he did move interstate he would fly back to Melbourne on Sundays to be on GameDay???
yeah but its not just that its all the other media he does. i know i wouldnt bother flying up and down everyday just to play an extra yr or 2 of footy..
it would take its toll, being here there and everywhere being committed to a few different things.
thats just me, he may think its doable

I'm actually more hoping we go for Dom Sheed. Simon Black-esque midfielder from WA. Could still be available at our pick. :D

Dom Sheed GUN!
Suffered an unfortunate injury, that might help him slip to our pick though. I think clayton would be all over him though being a WA boy.

Brennan and Rischitelli wouldn't get us that, no matter your opinions on whether we should trade them.

And Smith? :/ Why would we give our future rivals one of the best young rucks in the league? Would be a huge mistake!

Another midfielder :rolleyes:

haha. thats what i thought. but hey, they is important, and we seem to have half of them off the field each week....

we have mid fielders out the wazhoo, if Lynch and or Day leave we have bupkiss up forward. Dicko is no certainty with his ongoing injury concerns

Another option would be, if GWS gets Buddy then go after Patton or Cameron, they can't ALL play in the forward 50

we have mid fielders out the wazhoo, if Lynch and or Day leave we have bupkiss up forward. Dicko is no certainty with his ongoing injury concerns

Another option would be, if GWS gets Buddy then go after Patton or Cameron, they can't ALL play in the forward 50

yes we do need a big forward. nick is my choice. but if we can scam some players onto GWS for the no1 pick, then bloody go for it!!

yeah but its not just that its all the other media he does. i know i wouldnt bother flying up and down everyday just to play an extra yr or 2 of footy..
it would take its toll, being here there and everywhere being committed to a few different things.
thats just me, he may think its doable
I reckon you'd find he'd dump his media commitments.

Back