Oppo Camp Operation Pert

Operation Pert to Tigerland?

• Great idea TI and I would love to xxxx Ed and his beloved Pies over.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No way TI and you're back on ignore for being disruptive.

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
After the resignation of Pert at Collingwood i was pondering on the notion of getting Pert to Tigerland.
As funny as some threads that have recently started I thought this would be more on a reality is type humor where we stick it into our declining as a club backstabbing neighbours. Pert and Balme go back a long way and with Pert's executive and business nous he could do a lot for gaining sponsorship and other areas of marketing as well as his football expertise. Also with Penny retiring from her Presidency position in the near future i see Gary as a perfect replacement.
Suggestions please?

After the resignation of Pert at Collingwood i was pondering on the notion of getting Pert to Tigerland.
As funny as some threads that have recently started I thought this would be more on a reality is type humor where we stick it into our declining as a club backstabbing neighbours. Pert and Balme go back a long way and with Pert's executive and business nous he could do a lot for gaining sponsorship and other areas of marketing as well as his football expertise. Also with Penny retiring from her Presidency position in the near future i see Gary as a perfect replacement.
Suggestions please?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

Suggestions please?
The Pies board were happy to see the back of him
Not sure why but I did see comments like he was toxic and a cancer to the club so I'm not entirely sure he is really what we want.

The Pies board were happy to see the back of him
Not sure why but I did see comments like he was toxic and a cancer to the club so I'm not entirely sure he is really what we want.
More toxic than Ed? Was it reactionary placing blame when somebody gets the boot from the place. Remember how some on here behaved when Chocco got the snip?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried Pert a long time ago,nearly made me go bald.
pert
pəːt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a girl or young woman) attractively lively or cheeky.
    "a pert, slightly plump girl called Rose"

2. 2.
    (of a bodily feature or garment) attractively small and well shaped.
    "she had a pert nose and deep blue eyes"
    synonyms: jaunty, neat, trim, stylish, smart, spruce, perky, rakish; More

When he left the Pies he said he had, had enough and wanted more time with his family. I doubt he would want the role and I doubt we would want him.

Yep, that was the message loud and clear. However if he can give us useful assistance perhaps as a consultant from time to time, it might be help (get up Eddies's nose), if he Balme have a decent enough relationship still.

Tried Pert a long time ago,nearly made me go bald.

Was that you in the Decore advert then? pert was a girl's shampoo wasn't it........... oh, ah doesn't matter:D

When he left the Pies he said he had, had enough and wanted more time with his family. I doubt he would want the role and I doubt we would want him.

Wanting more time with family is pretty much code for "I got pushed out and decided to 'resign' rather than be fired".

So a 'new challenge' is quite likely to 'inspire and reinvigorate' him.

Which isn't to say we should go for him, just that there is a fair chance he wouldn't be too averse to the idea.

As for if we should go for him...Well, if Benny gets tapped on the shoulder for an AFL job, I suppose he'd be someone we could talk to, but I wouldn't go chasing too hard. Come to think of it...Him leaving while those AFL jobs are open may not be a complete coincidence...

Don't really know a great deal about him but if Pies fans were celebrating his departure, probably not a good look.

Either way, I think we're well served with Benny who seems to be one of the most highly thought of administrators in the game at the moment. Could have far worse CEOs at the helm that's for sure. As for Peggy's presidency - correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the presidency a volunteer position? Her day job is with her law firm and she does the RFC board stuff on the side.

I said to my colleague yesterday that maybe Pert is going to take one of those executive roles with the AFL that recently became available thanks to some grubs getting caught doing a no no. That, or had a big falling out with Eddie over his love child Mr Buckley. :p

Don't really know a great deal about him but if Pies fans were celebrating his departure, probably not a good look.

Sadly, at most clubs those who have served long tend to have accumulated enough blame to be hated by all too many ill informed/fickle fans, especially if the club hasn't had a long running, continual, flow of success.

How many coaches or administrators who have been at a club for more than 5 years without a flag leave to acclaim and applause?

Either way, I think we're well served with Benny who seems to be one of the most highly thought of administrators in the game at the moment. Could have far worse CEOs at the helm that's for sure. As for Peggy's presidency - correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the presidency a volunteer position? Her day job is with her law firm and she does the RFC board stuff on the side.

I said to my colleague yesterday that maybe Pert is going to take one of those executive roles with the AFL that recently became available thanks to some grubs getting caught doing a no no. That, or had a big falling out with Eddie over his love child Mr Buckley. :p
Presidency is a volunteer position ,but we could employ him until her term ends.
Your last point is more to the point.

Back