Strategy Operation Sign Alastair Clarkson 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Still dont get the fascination with Al.

What has he done with the Hawthorn kids this year that warrants so much enthusiasm?

Would be happy to accept his application and consider him alongside everyone else.

If the club is going to be serious about governance, that's the process. No shortcuts.
It’s not what he’s done with the hawks kids this year, but what he will do with our kids next year 😀

If Ed was there Clarko might not want to come due to being another Kennett

Kennett an Ed are very different people. Ed always had your back. Their only real commanility is their profile and size of personality.

Kennett an Ed are very different people. Ed always had your back. Their only real commanility is their profile and size of personality.

+ Both are marketing gurus worthy of a leading role on Mad Men.

Might be 4 Premierships?

That's an impressive achievement and a solid CV. He deserves respect and credit.

Hafey had four when he came to us :(

Exactly.

Can he win another 4 with us? Does he have the list and the drive to build a dynasty?

Has anyone won multiple premierships at more than one club recently?

He might be a great hire, but the club hasn't learned if it rolls the red carpet and walks him to his new coach's office without a proper examination of his suitability to execute at a high level for a few more years.

Still dont get the fascination with Al.

What has he done with the Hawthorn kids this year that warrants so much enthusiasm?

Would be happy to accept his application and consider him alongside everyone else.

If the club is going to be serious about governance, that's the process. No shortcuts.

+ If Clarkson really is that good, then why did Hawthorn just replace him with a rookie coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s well known that Kennett and Clarko don’t get along. Back in the day, Kennett wanted to sack Clarko after Clarko got his 1st premiership but the Hawthorn board overruled and Clarko went on to win 3 more. I’m quietly confident that Clarko is coming to us. Graham Wright will work his magic.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes we should have won 77, should have won 79, blown out of the water in 1980 and we were in front at 3/4 time in 81 in teams made up of a lot of recycled players.
The list goes on.....Fair to say we should have the most flags by a fair stretch if we could of just capitalised on the leads we held in quite a few GF’s....

That's an impressive achievement and a solid CV. He deserves respect and credit.

Exactly.

Can he win another 4 with us? Does he have the list and the drive to build a dynasty?

Has anyone won multiple premierships at more than one club recently?

He might be a great hire, but the club hasn't learned if it rolls the red carpet and walks him to his new coach's office without a proper examination of his suitability to execute at a high level for a few more years.
We are an absolute shambles of a club. This club has to learn some things because up until now it has no idea. Clarko is exactly the coach we need, someone to come in and shake the whole place up like he did when he first went to Hawthorn. Who cares what history say's, did you see today's game, I think he's going pretty good. Let's put a rookie in charge of our club so that the administration who has no idea can control him like a puppet, fmd, no wonder we are always runner up

we need clarko.... even those who think we should choose someone else knows we need clarko...

can't we do a fund me thing to buy clarko? pleassssse clarko.. for the love of god...

We are an absolute shambles of a club. This club has to learn some things because up until now it has no idea. Clarko is exactly the coach we need, someone to come in and shake the whole place up like he did when he first went to Hawthorn. Who cares what history say's, did you see today's game, I think he's going pretty good. Let's put a rookie in charge of our club so that the administration who has no idea can control him like a puppet, fmd, no wonder we are always runner up

I don't think that we're 'an absolute shambles of a club'.

But if your opinion is right, then it seems a safe bet that Clarkson would avoid such a place.

And for some reason people insist on ignoring the fact that Clarkson didn't work alone. Hawthorn may have been travelling badly when he was appointed, but this shouldn't disguise the fact that he had some good people around him on the journey.

The thing which worked especially well was that they put in place a process for finding and selecting a new coach, rather than random headhunting. This is what we're doing, and I'll be quite content if we decide that Al Clarkson isn't the best fit for our club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back