Official Team Thread 🐍 Ophidian Old Boys FFC S34 🐍 Serpens iratus est in braccas 🐍

Remove this Banner Ad

Posting numbers are important you silly Goose because when someone doesn’t post any content, they add exactly zero to a discussion. Some post plenty and also add zero to the discussion, that is a whole different conversation.

Stop equating spamming with worthwhile content, you can have either one without the other.
That's kinda my point.

The number of posts has a low correlation to value add. But here we are again having someone directing us to the post numbers to value a contribution.

Posting numbers are important you silly Goose because when someone doesn’t post any content, they add exactly zero to a discussion. Some post plenty and also add zero to the discussion, that is a whole different conversation.
The problem is that for far too many, when they do post content, they subtract from the discussion. This equates to those who post no content tending to sit approx mid-table.

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
They will be when I become admin next season. serial_thrilla ye 'ave been warned.
images.jpeg.jpg

The problem is that for far too many, when they do post content, they subtract from the discussion. This equates to those who post no content tending to sit approx mid-table.
You are suggesting roughly half of the SFA posters have a net negative impact on the SFA? Seems a bit high

You are suggesting roughly half of the SFA posters have a net negative impact on the SFA? Seems a bit high
Not quite. I never mentioned the SFA and I never mentioned posters. I'm talking about the Sweet FA and participants.
And by participants I am being very lenient as it embraces some value attribution to the likelihood that players interact outside of playing.

That's kinda my point.

The number of posts has a low correlation to value add. But here we are again having someone directing us to the post numbers to value a contribution.
Merely pointing out you can’t add value without making a contribution, not unusual for you to misinterpret.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, what you consider worthwhile may be very different to others. Without different people adding their differences to the SFA, you would be left with a sad and vanilla echo chamber where the self appointed guardians of the league remember the good old days before the rookie class of season (insert random number here).

Merely pointing out you can’t add value without making a contribution, not unusual for you to misinterpret.

Value is in the eye of the beholder, what you consider worthwhile may be very different to others. Without different people adding their differences to the SFA, you would be left with a sad and vanilla echo chamber where the self appointed guardians of the league remember the good old days before the rookie class of season (insert random number here).
A new team would be a difference to the Sweet FA.

A new team would be a difference to the Sweet FA.
Probably.

Only if some of the rookies turn out to be good, and some of the reconstituted players make more effort, otherwise the heavy lifting will be done by already active posters who would have been better off keeping their current teams afloat.

Probably.

Only if some of the rookies turn out to be good, and some of the reconstituted players make more effort, otherwise the heavy lifting will be done by already active posters who would have been better off keeping their current teams afloat.
No, you see, again and again you get it wrong.

What is your definition of "lifting"? Rookies can be s**t, reconstituted players can be s**t.

The only important thing is that there is a new team (or 8).

And what is your definition of "afloat"? Teams essentially can't sink, and there is nothing wrong with it if they could and did.

You seem to repeat the same erroneous viewpoint that being stable ******* matters.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

What is your definition of "lifting"? Rookies can be sh*t, reconstituted players can be sh*t.

And what is your definition of "afloat"? Teams essentially can't sink, and there is nothing wrong with it if they could and did.

You seem to repeat the same erroneous viewpoint that being stable ******* matters.
Mobbs please think of the financial implications! The league can't survive with the burden!

What is your definition of "lifting"? Rookies can be sh*t, reconstituted players can be sh*t.

A new team is not the only important thing. The impact of a new team is very real, as discussed in detail earlier in this thread.

If it doesn’t improve the league, or indeed makes it worse, having a new team is not important at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A new team is not the only important thing. The impact of a new team is very real, as discussed in detail earlier in this thread.

If it doesn’t improve the league, or indeed makes it worse, having a new team is not important at all.
Absolutely wrong again, regardless how many time you repeat it in its full wrongness.

Tell me again how "very real" the impact of a new fantasy team in a fantasy league in a fantasy world is?

The importance of a new team is unaffected by your subjective opinion of what constitutes improving or not improving the league. And now you need to define importance too.

One more time kids, repeat after me. Improving the league is irrelevant, even if it were objective or for that matter definable.

To be fair, it probably wasn't you who gave you access to the internet. So you're not entirely to blame for what you say.

Absolutely wrong again, regardless how many time you repeat it in its full wrongness.

Tell me again how "very real" the impact of a new fantasy team in a fantasy league in a fantasy world is?

The importance of a new team is unaffected by your subjective opinion of what constitutes improving or not improving the league. And now you need to define importance too.

One more time kids, repeat after me. Improving the league is irrelevant, even if it were objective or for that matter definable.

To be fair, it probably wasn't you who gave you access to the internet. So you're not entirely to blame for what you say.
Your pretend naivety is endearing, yet still gives you a platform to shout your ideas as though that will make them magically become right.

If it is not important that a propsed new club adds value to the SFA, or indeed doesn’t negatively impact the SFA beyond the value it adds, then why are their rules and criteria for bids?

Why not a free for all if the only important thing is expansion itself, and the impact it has is immaterial? Welcome Stupidsuns FC, the Koalas, the Isotopes, the convicts and anyone else who feels like they want a new team.

I will await your cheap insults instead of a reasoned argument, with less than bated breath.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
the convicts
Oi the convicts is actually a mint concept and I won't be grouped with SuperAnus FFC. Imagine it, undoubtedly some of the most annoying users in the league with different styles finally side-by-side

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
Oi the convicts is actually a mint concept and I won't be grouped with SuperAnus FFC. Imagine it, undoubtedly some of the most annoying users in the league with different styles finally side-by-side
We’d be a right rabble, but we’d be unplayable

Your pretend naivety is endearing, yet still gives you a platform to shout your ideas as though that will make them magically become right.

If it is not important that a propsed new club adds value to the SFA, or indeed doesn’t negatively impact the SFA beyond the value it adds, then why are their rules and criteria for bids?

Why not a free for all if the only important thing is expansion itself, and the impact it has is immaterial? Welcome Supersuns FC, the Koalas, the Isotopes, the convicts and anyone else who feels like they want a new team.

I will await your cheap insults instead of a reasoned argument, with less than bated breath.
No need to bate your breath, you can have as many cheap insults as you want, as that's all you're worth.

State a case that anything will be hurt by expansion, and you'll get my attention.

(cases must be presented without a swathe of bulletholes)

Why not a free for all if the only important thing is expansion itself, and the impact it has is immaterial? Welcome Stupidsuns FC, the Koalas, the Isotopes, the convicts and anyone else who feels like they want a new team.

You still haven't mentioned what the very real implications are.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Yes, the posting numbers, the all important posting numbers, that is what matters.
Why do we we have a posting stats table at the end of the season then? You do what you do and don't criticise anyone else for what they do.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Why do we we have a posting stats table at the end of the season then? You do what you do and don't criticise anyone else for what they do.
Because serial_thrilla is a beez whore. It's not an official stat and the majority of the league don't care about it.

Sep 16, 2014
Argyle Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ophidian Old Boys
Because serial_thrilla is a beez whore. It's not an official stat and the majority of the league don't care about it.
I know it's not official looks like you missed my point, everyone's here to do what they do to get the enjoyment they want.

Again you miss my point entirely.

Im not making judgement on who is and isnt adding value, Im criticizing the metric, post counts, as being any sort of indicator.

Back