Mega Thread Opinion: If you have one about the clubs current predicament - post them here

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to talk about any of the current changes post your opinion here please.

We have too many threads that end up talking about the same issues so lets keep them together.

Try a 'love-fest'.

malthouse playing a role at the dees. you guys need him. id like to se him at the GC, but if he cant go there, id rather you blokes snared him.

Try a 'love-fest', Mick tells Dees

TRIPLE premiership coach Mick Malthouse says embattled Melbourne needs a ''love-fest'' to get its season going, suggesting his former assistant Mark Neeld erase all signs of negativity and focus on what has gone right during his ''horrendous'' initiation to coaching.
Malthouse, who acts as a mentor to Neeld, having nurtured his coaching career at Collingwood, fears the first-year coach could become consumed by the team's mounting deficiencies, and risks losing what little ground the Demons have made in the first eight rounds.

Re: Try a 'love-fest'.

Malthouse seems really invested in how our club does as Neeld is basically his protégé. Wouldn't mind having him around but I'm not sure if he'd come. If anything else it'd fun to hear Eddie's reaction.

**** Eddie - Malthouse should be allowed to go wherever he wants. Hopefully he gives him some solid tips. Malthouse did wonders with a standard list and made his top picks into absolute stars.

We need to bring Malthouse to the MFC at the end of the season in an official role.

Has to be done.

Ironies of Melbourne being so crap

When you call radio stations ranting your head off you'll win prizes.

(just won the drill off SEN)

Re: Ironies of Melbourne being so crap

I'll never know why anyone would ring into a radio station to vent about football. What's the point?

I'll never know why anyone would ring into a radio station to vent about football. What's the point?

The point was made earlier this year that the MFC gets evaded in relative terms on talkback since people don't call up about it. Ever since I have tried to ring up if the dees are a hot topic

I was going to PM & ask if that was you.

I think half of the Dees board posters were on SEN tonight.

Heard that mate, well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never called up SEN to discuss the Dees but I'm tempted to do so today.

It's about time that our supporters called SEN en masse to say what they think about the crap that the players are dishing out. today was the first time where nearly every 2nd caller was a melbourne supporter. Do you think that we are better off just sitting back and not saying a word after the humiliating situation we have been put in by this playing group? should we just stay silent and be seen as accepting mediocrity by the football world?

I would play that tape to all the players before the game against Carlton on Sunday, if a previous club great not just an every day football commentator is giving them a kick up the arse surely they will take it on board, if nothing changes after that senior players run around for casey and i wonder how many clubs will chance moloney if he is playing in the magoo's.

I would like to see Neeld and the rest of the coaches during the bye rounds take the boys away and do some sort of bonding session. Go paintballing, fishing, army camp (war simulations, where they have to depend on each other to succeed) just try something that wil make these boys bond and have some fun because at the moment the look like robots going through the motions not enjoying what they are doing.

The ox hit it on the head. If I was Neeld, I'd swing the axe and play the younger players who want to make it at AFL. It would really send a message to many senior players.

Malthouse has said that because, quite obviously, there have been issues among the playing group and coaching team.

Why else would he say it?

I would like to see Neeld and the rest of the coaches during the bye rounds take the boys away and do some sort of bonding session. Go paintballing, fishing, army camp (war simulations, where they have to depend on each other to succeed) just try something that wil make these boys bond and have some fun because at the moment the look like robots going through the motions not enjoying what they are doing.

Would this be a live fire exercise? Because I'd be happy to chip in for the cost.

Could be a good exercise to brighten the mood of the players and improve the feeling amongst the coaches/players; though if the players really don't like Neeld and the new coaches, they could wind up with a lot of bruises at the end of the day.:p

Would this be a live fire exercise? Because I'd be happy to chip in for the cost.

Only if we can fire the rounds. Would sure make some of the players change from a trot to a gallop. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back