Opinions on Brett Ratten - underrated? missed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Taranaki AFL

Rookie
May 24, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The mighty All Blacks
I always thought it was a mistake on Carltons behalf to cut Ratten loose when they did.
Watching the Hawks last night, I wonder if losing Ratten to St Kilda is more significant than first thought?
In a game of 1%'ers - are we missing his influence at the Hawks?
He was there for the threepeat I think yes?

Ratts was good but as an outsider I think Chris Fagan (at Hawthorn from 2008 to 2016) had an even bigger influence on your team 'behind the scenes'.
I was coached by Fagan when he was at Hawthorn (he was had a part time role at my ammos club) he was a really good teacher for younger guys but strategically switched on too.

A lot of players seemed to ignore his advice but he always had little tips to make you better.

Just simple things like using the time that a player is watching the ball to take quick steps to catch up so that you are right on them when they look up. And holding back when they are watching you so that they can't easily pass.

Things that i thought were natural instincts that some people had he showed that it can be taught and there is a real method to simple things like knowing when to go for the tackle and when to guard space so they have to kick over you.

I was coached by Fagan when he was at Hawthorn (he was had a part time role at my ammos club) he was a really good teacher for younger guys but strategically switched on too.

A lot of players seemed to ignore his advice but he always had little tips to make you better.

Just simple things like using the time that a player is watching the ball to take quick steps to catch up so that you are right on them when they look up. And holding back when they are watching you so that they can't easily pass.

Things that i thought were natural instincts that some people had he showed that it can be taught and there is a real method to simple things like knowing when to go for the tackle and when to guard space so they have to kick over you.

Ormond??

Ratts won't win anything at the Saints, simply because failure is in their DNA (see the two games they've blown this year after being 6 goals up?).
What do you see in our DNA with the lead we gave up to Norf & the way we lost to Geelong, GWS & 'pies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back