Opinions Please

Remove this Banner Ad

I have documented research that shows that convicts, when released, were only too eager to take up arms against the Aboriginals to procure and secure land.

oh and about this, what option did they have? the english already started a hostile situation between the two races therefore theyare both going to hate each other.

so what were they meant to do??? they were ENGLISH, they didnt know anything about the land and how to survive off it, so they had to have a bit of land to have their pommy crops and animals.

what would you have done? said ohh i dont want 2 take any land off you, well i guess i will just die over here? sure u would have....

Originally posted by evade28
is that why we have an 'equal opportunitys' board?? just for nothing huh??? yeah whatever.

when you fill out forms for certain jobs, like special ones they have for local communitys, there are things you have to have/ or not have to be eligble.
eg, you have to be unemployed for 6 months, OR be aboriginal.

What Board? Who runs it? where?

Name one job where that has occured!! What jobs?

Do you make this **** up or just look at the One Notion Book of Lies?

well for starters a job i went for last week.

and my one my brother got about 4 months ago, his mates who were in it were both aboriginal and they got into it bcos of that.

yeah i just made it all up :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: whatever.

www.hreoc.gov.au/

that is the address for the human rights and equal opportuinty commission.

so let me guess, thats another one im making up??? :rolleyes:

i think youre the one who should get their facts straight.

You knocked that site up pretty quick there Nat, well done! :rolleyes:

You got the .gov address and all :rolleyes:

:D :D

well the point of putting that link in was cos 1AD seemed to be so interested in which board it was and i thought he would like to visit it, u know, just to make sure it is REAL.

well the point of putting that link in was cos 1AD seemed to be so interested in which board it was and i thought he would like to visit it, u know, just to make sure it is REAL.

I am on your side .. it was a swipe at them .. not you

Originally posted by dreamkillers
as for those taking advantage of having a small percentage of aboriginality in them........you can't blame that on aboriginals in general.........that comes from one of our great white traits......GREED......
Thats a pretty racist remark right there. I've been to a lot of places and greed is a universal trait.

www.hreoc.gov.au/

that is the address for the human rights and equal opportuinty commission.

so let me guess, thats another one im making up??? :rolleyes:

i think youre the one who should get their facts straight.

Thanks

The job one sounds like **** though;)

well when i rang up the place they told me to come in and fill out the forms to see if im eligible. and on the forms it said 'which one of the folloeing best suits youre description?' and it had about 10 options one being unemployed for 6 months and another one being an aboriginal, and i was thinking at the time WTF has your race got to do with anything, which is why i remembered it.

Originally posted by TheMase

But from what I remember learning, there were Europeans here previous to the Aboriginals, and from memory they did a similar thing to them, that the Europeans did.

There were Europeans in Australia 40,000 years ago?:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Briedis

There were Europeans in Australia 40,000 years ago?:confused:

me thinks there are some good advertisements here for making Australian history manatory in schools.

Satay Mat

Originally posted by dreamkillers

I'm still awaiting one of the legal eagles to back up their statements that compensation claims would come flying in if the federal parliament says sorry........

I'm a lawyer and I can't see it would make any difference.

Even if it did, this is not the case of a car accident where you shouldn't admit it was your fault because the insurers might not pay up. Legal consequences should not get in the way of the truth in public life.

An interesting thread.

sabre - you need to divorce the notion of apology from the apportionment of blame. If I'm sorry that Fremantle lost last weekend, that doesn't make it my fault. If I am sorry that the indigeneous people of this country have been slaughtered, stolen, mistreated and abused for 200 years, that doesn't make it my fault.

SydneyFan - brilliant post on Page 3, well done.

TheMase - this statement: "there were Europeans here previous to the Aboriginals, and from memory they did a similar thing to them, that the Europeans did" - is quite preposterous. You are a fool.

evade28 - you may not be a racist and you may not be a fool, but you're kicking against the wind from now on.

Finally I'd like to address this ridiculous notion of "why should I apologise, I didn't do anything". This may come as a massive shock to you selfish individuals, but IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU! You can feel sorrow, remorse and sympathy towards people who have suffered, even if you had nothing to do with what caused the problem.

Originally posted by Frodo
Saying sorry on behalf of the nation for the bad deeds of our ancestors......no.......I think they were doing what they thought was right, they were doing the best they could at the time and in the circumstances, as we all do. How dare I condemn Australian grandparenrs, greatgrandparents etc who made decisions I am incapable of relating to. I would be so disrespectful if I did so. Would you so spit on your parents graves?
Yes, and Adolf thought he was doing the right thing too.

Originally posted by Fat Red

I'm a lawyer and I can't see it would make any difference.

Even if it did, this is not the case of a car accident where you shouldn't admit it was your fault because the insurers might not pay up. Legal consequences should not get in the way of the truth in public life.

Exactly..........and it amazes me that compensation claims would come flying in is one of the major points the 'No Apology' section keep telling us will happen......

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club

TheMase - this statement: "there were Europeans here previous to the Aboriginals, and from memory they did a similar thing to them, that the Europeans did" - is quite preposterous. You are a fool.

Thats a bit harsh, considering that is what I learn't in history.
There were Europeans here previous to the aboriginals,
according to my previous history teachers.

If it is incorrect, then my history teachers were fools, and I expect an apology. :mad:

Thats a bit harsh, considering that is what I learn't in history.
There were Europeans here previous to the aboriginals,
according to my previous history teachers.

If it is incorrect, then my history teachers were fools, and I expect an apology. :mad:

Mase, I think you might not have been listening properly in that class! ;)

Although, if you have some stuff to back this up it would be interesting to hear....because it is a new notion to me.:)

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
An interesting thread.

sabre - you need to divorce the notion of apology from the apportionment of blame. If I'm sorry that Fremantle lost last weekend, that doesn't make it my fault. If I am sorry that the indigeneous people of this country have been slaughtered, stolen, mistreated and abused for 200 years, that doesn't make it my fault.

Finally I'd like to address this ridiculous notion of "why should I apologise, I didn't do anything". This may come as a massive shock to you selfish individuals, but IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU! You can feel sorrow, remorse and sympathy towards people who have suffered, even if you had nothing to do with what caused the problem.

Well said DCFC.
The attitude of "I didn't do anything wrong, it's not my fault" is a selfish, self centred and uninformed repsonse. The fact that the wrongs happened over 200 years ago is not the issue. The issue is reconciliation and if we are all serious about obtaining it, then the first step toward it is the admittance that past wrongs need to be atoned and a simple but sincere apology is the way to go about it.
Unfortunately I don't believe that Howard is serious about his promise of reconciliation. It's all empty words, if sorry is too hard for him to say then his sanctimonious decrees are just too hard to take seriously. A pompous, racist whose ramblings about reconcilitaion are nothing but a sham. His idea of reconciliation is for Aboriginal people to just give up and shut up!

And Mase! Where did your history teachers get their degree from? A corn flakes packet?

Originally posted by Briedis

Mase, I think you might not have been listening properly in that class! ;)

Although, if you have some stuff to back this up it would be interesting to hear....because it is a new notion to me.:)

That is always a possibility!

I doubt that I will be able to find anything, but I was sure that is what I was taught.

There is no need for the personal attacks from DCFC. :mad:

That is always a possibility!

I doubt that I will be able to find anything, but I was sure that is what I was taught.

There is no need for the personal attacks from DCFC. :mad:

I actually think DCFC showed some restraint. Your statement was ridiculous and showed a lack of understanding and a willingness to destroy an interesting discussion with mere heresay and innuendo. I believe that if your going to answer comments based on facts, then your reply should be based on fact. I'd also like to know who this teacher was that taught you this dribble and why you believed them?

ps. Evade28, I don't consider you a bigot because you disagree with me, I consider you that way when you make sweeping generalisations about a race of people.

Originally posted by Santos L Helper

I actually think DCFC showed some restraint. Your statement was ridiculous and showed a lack of understanding and a willingness to destroy an interesting discussion with mere heresay and innuendo. I believe that if your going to answer comments based on facts, then your reply should be based on fact. I'd also like to know who this teacher was that taught you this dribble and why you believed them?

ps. Evade28, I don't consider you a bigot because you disagree with me, I consider you that way when you make sweeping generalisations about a race of people.

I believed them because they are teaching me, and they are suppose to know more than me (education wise) so therefore I listen and take it.

Lack of understanding maybe, but that is hardly my fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back