• Total voters
Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
No one is more negative than me when it comes to AFC
But this year we have given ourselves the best chance for glory.
Mistakes of the past have not been repeated and quite frankly I'm pretty positive about beating the Giants
Not today you're not
I agree with you though
All our effort has to go into winning vs gws, a loss is unacceptable, today was merely keeping fit and touch

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Legs, Wests Tigers
Could you make a good case for it being intimidating to an opposition finalist?
I actually agree with your comment about missing the opportunity to instil some fear in our opposition. Would have been a great way to go into the finals.

But once we made the decision to rest three key players, given the relative immaturity of our squad, that was never going to happen. Sure some of the better clubs of the last few years might have been able to rest players while still winning in these circumstances, but we're just not there yet.

But the fact we didn't win still wouldn't make us more vulnerable in our oppositions eyes, which seems to be what you're implying.

I actually agree with your comment about missing the opportunity to instil some fear in our opposition. Would have been a great way to go into the finals.

But once we made the decision to rest three key players, given the relative immaturity of our squad, that was never going to happen. Sure some of the better clubs of the last few years might have been able to rest players while still winning in these circumstances, but we're just not there yet.

But the fact we didn't win still wouldn't make us more vulnerable in our oppositions eyes, which seems to be what you're implying.

I think it does make us more human in the oppositions eyes.

Once we made the decision to rest players, I think we should have gone the whole hog. Rested most of our key players. Tell the rest of the competition that you won't get to see the big guns until the lights are on bright.

Nooone gets an edge on us that way. Everyone knows it's the twos.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agree although i did think at one point that he has done well, showed promise, but it'll be good to have Hartigan as a more mature, experienced and solid key ost for finals. Then Hartigan went on his blooper reel.

Will be interesting to see how selectors assess things. Do they see Hartigan as best 22 and this as a somewhat expected rusty return or do they back Keath in.

It wasn't a rusty return he did a job on Kennedy and I'd be shocked if he wasn't ahead of Keath.

Back