Roast Opposition Banter Thread: Caveat Emptor - Welcome to the lake of fire, happy fishing

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH the most interesting game tonight is the BL / MFC game. GC games will have so many variables it's not worth reading too much into it.

BL / MFC is a chance for the Lions to show that last year was an aberration, and for Melbourne to show the same (but for different reasons).

My tip is the fresh Lions will win, but the manner in which it happens will be interesting to say the least.

We did have our share of injuries No Merrett or Patfull at the back and no Brown at the front

Also we had our chances in a lot of games but got run over in the last - we have built a stronger fitness base over the pre season.

The addition of Harvey to our coaching staff has helped Vossy & the club no end

I've got a great feeling about 2012...both clubs are going to have one hell of a season :D

Bruched silver? Pfftttttt. Original is:

Pink.jpg

Quick, go buy one now, you'll need it tonight (plus it suits your team quite nicely - it uses at least one of your colours).

Just got back from down the shops looking for a new Microwave - but they only had this model, so I thought I'd pass.

409519_10150571168080671_622870670_9598171_2086618405_a.jpg

Getting back on the Mitch topic, you do have realise a) playing a new role takes time b) he alone wont be your messiah and c) it takes more than one player to win a flag

Of course that really goes without saying. I'm not deluding myself into thinking that Mitch is gonna be our saviour - But he's hopefully gonna be a very handy addition to our line up.

And Goon - You're right - the Demons Vs Lions will be the game to watch tonight. I'm really looking forward to that one. I'm a big fan of Brown (umm that sounds wrong haha), so it'll be good to see how we try to nullify him tonight.

When it all comes down to it - I just wanna see my team have a run.

LOL at Eddie standing over you on radio.

LOL at Eddie standing over you on radio.
Yeah, that was pretty funny.
Even funnier was when Don McLardy gave it back to him, basically telling him where to go.
Even funnier than that is watching Eddie standing over a club on an issue and having them back down.
"Yeah, no worries Eddie. We'll play in our clash strip for our home games against you, no need to change your jumper for us".

You know why.....Eddie's upset over losing those 3 (soon to be 4) personnel we "poached" from Collingwood, obviously he rates them very highly. Don't recall him cracking a wobbly over losing Brad Scott or Eugene Arocca.

LOL. It was the AFL that were dickish over the clash strip and in the end we prevailed.

As for Scott and Arocca, when clubs are up front and act with dignity like North does, other clubs are fine with staff moving on. It happens.

Eddie is shitty because you guys are skulking around spending the money Collingwood gift you to steal their staff.

Not that it matters.

Beaten by Gold Coast. LOL.

This Stefan Martin kid is "special"

Well they said that about your mother as well and she somehow managed to poop you out with the help of some turbo lax.

This Stefan Martin kid is "special"[/quote

Well they said that about your mother as well and she somehow managed to poop you out with the help of some turbo lax.

Did I hit you below the belt? :thumbsu:
Come on I had Melbourne in a multi to beat Brisbane. I'm as happy as you are :eek:

Is that a Bruce McAvaney "special" or a Jeffy Dohmer "special"?

Take your pick, but he is indeed a "special" lad.

LOL. It was the AFL that were dickish over the clash strip and in the end we prevailed.

As for Scott and Arocca, when clubs are up front and act with dignity like North does, other clubs are fine with staff moving on. It happens.

Eddie is shitty because you guys are skulking around spending the money Collingwood gift you to steal their staff.

Not that it matters.

Beaten by Gold Coast. LOL.

- Good for you. Maybe they'll finally also let you also wear your home shorts to go with the home jumper.

- Up front? That's laughable, with their handling of the Majak Daw incident still fresh in people's minds. And with dignity?: Such as slagging off Collingwood fans online after a loss.

- I'm certain Norf are also gifted money from Collingwood's gate takings every year, via the AFL.

- It doesn't matter, just more tantrum throwing by Eddie. He's good at that.

- Meh, at least it wasn't a 4 goal spanking like Hawthorn gave you last week.

Just got back from down the shops looking for a new Microwave - but they only had this model, so I thought I'd pass.

409519_10150571168080671_622870670_9598171_2086618405_a.jpg

Why would you pass on that maGnificent model? You'll need it soon!

PS I'm assuming you worked that up yourself - kudos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-
- Meh, at least it wasn't a 4 goal spanking like Hawthorn gave you last week.

We got beaten by a flag favourite fielding a close to full strength side.

You got beaten by the wooden spooners.

Neeld is an interesting chap. Certainly seems to be laying down the law pretty quick smart.

Questions are: did you need that to happen to get things working again, and will it backfire?

Of course the older blokes kicked out of leadership will still be professionals, but man management is such a big part of the job, and it might upset some of your key blokes.

No.

If I were to express that opinion, I would say we have fewer members.

That is because I can use correct grammar. I thought all you Melbourne pillow biters went to posh schools?

I'm beginning to wonder.

I mean, most of you can't even spell North correctly.

(For the record, Melbourne have traditionally had fewer members than North. The last two or three years are an aberration.)

An aberration? So explain 2007. Melbourne 28,077 to North 22,366

Explain 2006 - Melbourne 24,805 to North 24,154

2004 we had approx. 2,000 more members

since about the year 2000 it's been see-sawing between who has higher members

So for the record, traditionally you're full of s**t

You had a massive spike in 2008 with sympathy memberships - jumping ahead of us which dropped away and you were again behind us in '09 '10 and '11

Maybe if you weren't s**t and congentitally programmed to fail, you would have drafted Martin and Trenners and brought in a Scott brother as coach. Then you'd have some sort of justified optimism.

You're all excited about having blokes who couldn't win flags at their old clubs like Craig and Misson.

It just continues the failure.

You won't win a flag in the lifetime of any current supporter.

Misson wasn't credited with an unbelieveable injury record at Sydney in 2005 when they won the flag? Having an unchanged line up for a huge amount of rounds straight? Must've been someone else

Wasn't Neil Craig with Adelaide during their 97 and 98 flags?

Think the head coach was recently involved in a flag too wasn't he?

Melbourne have traditionally had less members IIRC, not less supporters.
Biggest whack of MCC members who didn't buy memberships.

Also, Neeld appears to be the coach you needed, he'll put heat on in the right places and set a bit of a direction, after a rudderless decade.

Furthermore, you're a bunch of plebs.

Also, Neeld appears to be the coach you needed, he'll put heat on in the right places and set a bit of a direction, after a rudderless decade.
We've since learned our lesson about appointing ex-Essendon players as head coach. :cool:

We've since learned our lesson about appointing ex-Essendon players as head coach. :cool:
Who would be stupid enough to do that.......... wait, sorry S20.

I guess your team is aptly named the bombers, most bombers never landed at the intended location either when sent on a mission. Crashed & burned like your 2012 season will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back