Roast Opposition Big Footy Posters

Remove this Banner Ad

The level of hate is a reflection of our relevance, embrace it, it's way better than being ignored or worse, pitied.

The fact that they own the hate hotspot isn't odd, we will probably be strong rivals for a while now.

Agree totally that some people take it way further than acceptable tribalism and they should be shutdown, there are outliers in any group, the bigger the group the more volumetrically visible the idiots.

Hello everyone. I'm the one who made the offending post.

First of all I'd like to apologise for any perceived references to an actual incident. That was not my intention. I'd heard Bokonon making references about dogs supporters abusing kids generally on the made board and it was directed at that. It was tongue in cheek and I knew you'd be reading it, and it certainly wasn't meant to be taken literally. Having myself been abused by an Adelaide Crows supporter as a ten year old in 1997, I certainly don't condone that behaviour.

It was trolling intended for two of your posters specifically (you both know who you are), was primarily highlighting the fact that I knew you'd be reading that thread and was taking the piss out of how we are characterised to be by some of your supporters (note, the two I am talking about).

I will delete it if it offends, but there is certainly a rivalry and feeling there between our supporters. This is a good thing, and shows where our teams are at as highlighted by the poster I am quoting here. It makes footy entertaining. I hope we all continue to embrace it and stick it to each other. With that I'll leave your board, and sorry again if genuine offence was caused.

Gansters post is reminiscent of the time I spent working with staff in drug and alchohol centres in enner sydney and Kings Cross. I wasn't engaged directly with their clients but was curious as to the types of people they were.
I honestly expected to find desperate and agressive people prepared to anything to fill their needs.
What I actually saw was people completely unable to accountable or take resonsibility for their actions or their lives. Running out of cigarrettes could cause an outburst of tears.
The rationale is exactly the same. I would never do it, I'm sorry but it's everybody elses fault, so I'm not really sorry. And yeah I could do what I can to make restitution but I wont because I would never do it, even though I did it.

Discussing it with the professionals their view was the lack of emotional maturity was caused by chemicals to take away the stress that might have forced emotional development. Sometimes it's just lack of character as well I guess.

Last edited:
I think it reasonable to engage him rather than abuse him (which just continues the shitfight!).

I've not been following the main threads to understand the background, but presumably gansta deluxe is referring to baiting GG & Wampeter who are our most energetic posters on the main board. Nonetheless, I find the offending post distasteful - and even more so if the poster admits being bullied in his youth. The Bulldogs board is your place and you have the right to post what you like on it, but that post is reflective of an attitude that I cannot reconcile with good citizenship. On this board, I've only seen about twice IIRC someone wishing ill towards another poster or person, and from memory other GWS BF posters quickly pulled them up on it.

I must admit that I am baffled by the vitriolic attitude of the Bulldogs fans (and while it's not everyone, it's a reasonable core). The PF win against GWS and the subsequent GF win and premiership were great outcomes, and should be the source of great pride and positive attitudes, but it seems that it's released 60 years worth of pent-up frustration into a massive crapfest. Sure, I'd expect a little bit of (hopefully light-hearted) payback against posters who'd not thought you would win, or against traditional rival clubs. But the depth of what's been said? I'm all for good natured rivalry - which I have to say was evident in my area for the most part at the PF last year - and I'd have to think that Bulldogs & Giants have the players/coaches/attitudes that makes for a good rivalry into the near future. Providing it's not derailed.

Last edited:

As you find it distasteful, I will delete it. Again, my apologies for the offence caused.

I was sincere about my intention as outlined earlier, although I recognise it was in bad taste and worth apologising sincerely for.

Last edited:
Wampeter you might like to delete post #127 - he's fronted up to our board and despite what you may think of him, I think it reasonable to engage him rather than abuse him (which just continues the shitfight!).

I've not been following the main threads to understand the background, but presumably gansta deluxe is referring to baiting GG & Wampeter who are our most energetic posters on the main board. Nonetheless, I find the offending post distasteful - and even more so if the poster admits being bullied in his youth. The Bulldogs board is your place and you have the right to post what you like on it, but that post is reflective of an attitude that I cannot reconcile with good citizenship. On this board, I've only seen about twice IIRC someone wishing ill towards another poster or person, and from memory other GWS BF posters quickly pulled them up on it.

I must admit that I am baffled by the vitriolic attitude of the Bulldogs fans (and while it's not everyone, it's a reasonable core). The PF win against GWS and the subsequent GF win and premiership were great outcomes, and should be the source of great pride and positive attitudes, but it seems that it's released 60 years worth of pent-up frustration into a massive crapfest. Sure, I'd expect a little bit of (hopefully light-hearted) payback against posters who'd not thought you would win, or against traditional rival clubs. But the depth of what's been said? I'm all for good natured rivalry - which I have to say was evident in my area for the most part at the PF last year - and I'd have to think that Bulldogs & Giants have the players/coaches/attitudes that makes for a good rivalry into the near future. Providing it's not derailed.
I dont agree and I am very comfortable with I said. My values have never been subject to a vote and will never be. The post which incites abuse of children becuase the support a football club is unconscionable, simple as that. His justificarion as I've siad takes no responsibility for his actions.
Genuine attrituon would have been to delete the post and apologise unreservably. Then my response would have been different.

Wampeter it is most certainly your call - I just believe it did not advance the topic nor was it warranted in the situation. But that's my view. All good.
I'm not offended by your post. Unlike Gangster I'm happy to be accountable for my actions. I have more experience of his posting, and poor behaviour followed by irrational denial is a trend.
Your entitled to your view, but I wont retreat from saying what us clearly right to me.
Any attempt to calm the situation, which would be a good outcome has to be about mutual respect and that would have to be genuine.

Wampeter you might like to delete post #127 - he's fronted up to our board and despite what you may think of him, I think it reasonable to engage him rather than abuse him (which just continues the shitfight!).

Post of the year (short but epic) and illustrative of why he would have been my poster of 2016

Post of the year (short but epic) and illustrative of why he would have been my poster of 2016
Mine too but happy it was you in the end. I remain unconvinced but will now delete my post. Still dont get why it wasn't done the first time but it's done now so I will retreat as well.

I get it's our club but I would have been deeply offended at anyone from any club making that post about any other. I probably wouldn't learn of it if it was another club I guess
You know my views about Port but I was similarly offended when they were trolled over the banana throwing incident. I thought the club handled it well and racism transcends tribalism around footy clubs.

I have in fact been posting on the main board this week with Bulldogs supporters in the " Are the Bulldogs ovverated" thread. It's largely been civil and infomative and that's why I post on the forum. I have a few Bulldogs supporters who follow me around trying to have a go. That's unfortunate but when I am contemptuous of people it tends to show, and they commonly resent it. Cest La Vie

I hope you don't mind me coming over and commenting. I read the various club boards and there are many that I just won't go back to. Some of the posters and comments are putrid.

I enjoy reading the comments on your board because most of the time they are thoughtful and interesting. I post on BigFooty to be engaged and enjoy my favourite sport. Unfortunately others have ulterior motives. It's a shame but a reality of social media.

Please ignore (as best as you can) the ferals. Keep your principles and dignity and don't engage with them. Arguing with an idiot only lowers the IQ of both people. Ignoring them will annoy them more and that must be a good thing (as difficult as it can be to avoid being provoked).

Your board will attract hostility because you are new the kids on the block and have had a generous helping hand. You are also on the cusp of some serious success and that will attract a reaction. But that is neither here nor there. You are all footy fans who want to enjoy the sport and the forum.

So keep posting and don't let the trolls suck you in. I know you'll be humble when success comes because many of us have been waiting a long time (some of us have been waiting a lifetime). I'm sure I'll curse your club if you win a flag before mine (which is very likely) but that has nothing to do with my desire to engage with fellow footy fans. We all love our club. So stick together and stay on topic.

I hope you don't mind me coming over and commenting. I read the various club boards and there are many that I just won't go back to. Some of the posters and comments are putrid.

I enjoy reading the comments on your board because most of the time they are thoughtful and interesting. I post on BigFooty to be engaged and enjoy my favourite sport. Unfortunately others have ulterior motives. It's a shame but a reality of social media.

Please ignore (as best as you can) the ferals. Keep your principles and dignity and don't engage with them. Arguing with an idiot only lowers the IQ of both people. Ignoring them will annoy them more and that must be a good thing (as difficult as it can be to avoid being provoked).

Your board will attract hostility because you are new the kids on the block and have had a generous helping hand. You are also on the cusp of some serious success and that will attract a reaction. But that is neither here nor there. You are all footy fans who want to enjoy the sport and the forum.

So keep posting and don't let the trolls suck you in. I know you'll be humble when success comes because many of us have been waiting a long time (some of us have been waiting a lifetime). I'm sure I'll curse your club if you win a flag before mine (which is very likely) but that has nothing to do with my desire to engage with fellow footy fans. We all love our club. So stick together and stay on topic.
:thumbsu: Great words, St Neil. I joined BF to enhance my new-found enjoyment of AFL, so I'm just not into engaging in conduct that circles the drain to the bottom. I have no issues with posters having strong views - even intense dislike due to the nature of GWS being set up against their own history of struggle. Unfortunately social media can bring out views that wouldn't normally be tolerated in person; however, modern society has also become more accepting of poor public behaviour.

Thanks for your thoughts, and best of luck to the Saints for 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opposition posters are generally wlecome on our board. It's not always easy to tell who our members are because suoporters of other clubs residing in sydney take the opportunity to watch live footy as do some Swans fans. It genetally works I just got angry when some of the things crossed a line you dont cross in my view.

:thumbsu: Great words, St Neil. I joined BF to enhance my new-found enjoyment of AFL, so I'm just not into engaging in conduct that circles the drain to the bottom. I have no issues with posters having strong views - even intense dislike due to the nature of GWS being set up against their own history of struggle. Unfortunately social media can bring out views that wouldn't normally be tolerated in person; however, modern society has also become more accepting of poor public behaviour.

Thanks for your thoughts, and best of luck to the Saints for 2017.

Thanks mate. Good luck to the Giants as well (except when you play us). I might pop in from time to time because I generally enjoy your threads.

Most of us can separate the supporters from the politics of the sport. Unfortunately it's the ferals and the nasties who can't.

I'll try and stay away when the Saints play the Giants in case I become tired and emotional. My club has had a history of struggle, which we are sometimes reminded about (disparagingly) by opposition supporters. But it doesn't worry us. So don't let others worry you either.

This is a genuine and sincere and apology.

We can fight in other contexts but I would never overstep my boundaries in your board. I was wrong to post what I did, and will take that on the chin.

Thank you for removing the post.

As the father of a nine year old boy who was abused by a dogs supporter on the train on the way to the game- telling him the club he'd been watching and which he'd been a member of since he was a little over three and a half, and wearing a jumper autographed by his sporting heroes - that it had no place in the competition, that it was plastic and without history or merit - I took extreme exception to your comment.

Some of the comments directed at us adults are bad enough, in poor taste loaded with salt and rank sourness (which is really odd, given you actually won) - but when the comments go to the kids.... it becomes totally unacceptable. I know you've apologised and you've removed the post - but only after someone from our board posted about it and brought it to a wider attention - and you did post it in the first place so it must have been at least part of your thinking.

But the apology has happened, the post has been removed. I think we just move on from here.

Thanks mate. Good luck to the Giants as well (except when you play us). I might pop in from time to time because I generally enjoy your threads.

Most of us can separate the supporters from the politics of the sport. Unfortunately it's the ferals and the nasties who can't.

I'll try and stay away when the Saints play the Giants in case I become tired and emotional. My club has had a history of struggle, which we are sometimes reminded about (disparagingly) by opposition supporters. But it doesn't worry us. So don't let others worry you either.

Good luck to the saints this season, they will definitely be competing for a top 8 spot IMHO.

I'm gone for 3 days fishing and missed it all.

While my thoughts on the BF dogs supporters are well known and part of legend, ive always thought that we should welcome oppo supporters on here as long as they are respectful of our club (wether I agree on what they are saying or not).

My issue is with how moderation is handed out on the main board with trolling etc allowed and in part participated in by 2 mods in particular.

We get told to have a sense of humour and as such participate and end up getting thread bans, meanwhile others are free to continue typing trash and trolling. All for either way they want to run it, but run it even handed no matter which way it is.

So I do thank Gansta for the deletion as he as seen how it could be taken the wrong way.

Now back to the hangover...

Just had a look at the non dogs thread in their board.

They are deliberately starting s**t fights to continue their rivalry and cant understand the complaints from our fans on the main board. They are so desperate for a rival who cares about em its not funny.

No complaints here. Just moderate the main board equally.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Just had a look at the non dogs thread in their board.

They are deliberately starting s**t fights to continue their rivalry and cant understand the complaints from our fans on the main board. They are so desperate for a rival who cares about em its not funny.

No complaints here. Just moderate the main board equally.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I just love that one of the most consistent digs at us in those threads is that we read them then "run back" here and complain - as if that's not exactly what they're doing themselves.

Hypocrisy: thy name is Dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back