No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadly for norf, though happily for the rest of the competition, Norf still have a bit of bottoming out to do, they need to give up on trying to buy players and get in some young high draft picks. I get not wanting to tank, but is it really tanking when you're that s**t?
Bad fwd planning.Thought they were better than they actually were a few years ago and now paying the price.But comes from being a small club.They can't afford to be on the bottom for too long.

On merit no doubt.

Of course, merit.

CHAMPION midfielder Chris Judd has taken the football and list management portfolio on Carlton's board after his appointment was made official.

Judd has replaced outgoing director Adrian Gleeson on the Carlton board having been nominated and accepted to fill the casual vacancy earlier this year.

Gleeson served as a board member for 11 years and played 176 games for the Blues between 1986 and 1996, including the 1987 premiership.

Judd, a former Blues captain, was nominated as his replacement by an independent nominations committee.

The 34-year-old will bring his extensive football knowledge to the club, having played 134 games for West Coast, captaining the 2006 premiership, and 145 games for the Blues.

The champion midfielder won two Brownlow Medals (2004 and 2010), the 2005 Norm Smith Medal, was an All Australian six times, and won five club champion awards.

Since stepping away from football, Judd has been involved in various business ventures.

President Mark LoGiudice, vice president Jeanne Pratt, and directors Luke Sayers, Kate Jenkins, Zac Fried, Marcus Clarke and Craig Mathieson make up the full board.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/judd-joins-blues-board-takes-football-portfolio

Of course, merit.

CHAMPION midfielder Chris Judd has taken the football and list management portfolio on Carlton's board after his appointment was made official.

Judd has replaced outgoing director Adrian Gleeson on the Carlton board having been nominated and accepted to fill the casual vacancy earlier this year.

Gleeson served as a board member for 11 years and played 176 games for the Blues between 1986 and 1996, including the 1987 premiership.

Judd, a former Blues captain, was nominated as his replacement by an independent nominations committee.

The 34-year-old will bring his extensive football knowledge to the club, having played 134 games for West Coast, captaining the 2006 premiership, and 145 games for the Blues.

The champion midfielder won two Brownlow Medals (2004 and 2010), the 2005 Norm Smith Medal, was an All Australian six times, and won five club champion awards.

Since stepping away from football, Judd has been involved in various business ventures.

President Mark LoGiudice, vice president Jeanne Pratt, and directors Luke Sayers, Kate Jenkins, Zac Fried, Marcus Clarke and Craig Mathieson make up the full board.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/judd-joins-blues-board-takes-football-portfolio

Ffs this is standard board practice

I hate carlton more than most, and will bash them for farting the wrong way. This is stock standard normal practice. You dont have a fresh vote every time a board member resigns. This is what casual vacancies are for

Carlton brought in Judd to win a premiership and did not win one.

Richmond brought in Prestia and wins a premiership.

I am not saying Prestia is in the same class as Judd, but they both were high profile recruits.

Chris Judd trade from West Coast to Carlton finally complete
The Advertiser
October 11, 2007 12:00am

CHRIS Judd will leave West Coast for Carlton after the two AFL clubs announced a trade was completed today.

The Blues gave up draft picks three and 20 along with young key forward Josh Kennedy, in return for Judd and pick number 46 from the Eagles.

The deal was completed after Kennedy agreed today to join the Eagles, which had been the only hold-up on the deal.

Kennedy, 20, was drafted from Western Australia by the Blues in 2005.

Blues chief executive Greg Swann confirmed the deal had been completed late this morning.

"Chris Judd is the premier player in the competition and will be a major boost to Carlton as the club embarks on what is a new and exciting era," Swann said.

"We look forward to officially welcoming Chris to the Carlton Football Club later this afternoon."

The trade is one of the most significant in AFL history, with 24-year-old Judd the Eagles skipper and arguably the competition's best player.

The Eagles and Blues have been negotiating to work out a deal since Judd nominated Carlton as his preferred club nine days ago.

He told the Eagles he was leaving them to return to his native Melbourne two days after they bowed out of the finals series with a semi-final loss to Collingwood last month.

West Coast initially demanded Carlton's No.1 pick at least in return for Judd, but eventually conceded on that point, allowing the trade to go ahead.

Judd's list of achievements include winning the Brownlow Medal in 2004, the Norm Smith Medal in 2005 and captaining the Eagles to the premiership in 2006.

Judd says he was always confident West Coast and Carlton would agree to a deal.

In the words of a clearly excited Carlton media manager: "The Eagle has landed".

Judd said the past few weeks had been "pretty hectic" but he was delighted to have the paperwork completed and his move to Carlton signed, sealed and delivered.

"I didn't have huge doubts that the deal would get done," Judd said at a media conference at Carlton's Princes Park headquarters today.

Judd said he chose Carlton because he thought they were a "powerful Melbourne club" that was going places.

"They have got a young and exciting list," Judd said.

"I could be part of something from the ground up, that was the exciting part of it for me."

Judd had battled a groin injury for the second half of the season and had an operation in Sydney two weeks ago.

He said the surgery has helped ease some of the pain in his groin, but he will know more at a check-up in six weeks.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann hailed it a "fantastic day" for the Blues after a "few anxious moments on the way".

"It's one of the most important days we've had here (at the football club)," Swann said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/judd-deal-done/news-story/9e063b8af10bbbe706d3eb8a539c629c

I dunno if this is the right thread for it, but I want to say how much I'm loving all the "Just look at Richmond" arguments oppo supporters make now.

They go like this: "<Basket case club> is actually not that bad, they could even win the flag, just look at Richmond."

For so many years, "just look at Richmond" meant "for a textbook example of how badly things can go."

Then it started to change to "for how a team can pull itself off the bottom and become competitive."

Now people who don't know anything about Richmond except that we won the flag are clutching at it for support of truly ridiculous ideas about how their bottom-dwelling club will suddenly fly up the ladder. Just like we used to, when it seemed like our club might never make finals again. "Just look at West Coast... just look at Port... just look at..."

Yesssss... just look at us. LOOK AT US.

I dunno if this is the right thread for it, but I want to say how much I'm loving all the "Just look at Richmond" arguments oppo supporters make now.

They go like this: "<Basket case club> is actually not that bad, they could even win the flag, just look at Richmond."

For so many years, "just look at Richmond" meant "for a textbook example of how badly things can go."

Then it started to change to "for how a team can pull itself off the bottom and become competitive."

Now people who don't know anything about Richmond except that we won the flag are clutching at it for support of truly ridiculous ideas about how their bottom-dwelling club will suddenly fly up the ladder. Just like we used to, when it seemed like our club might never make finals again. "Just look at West Coast... just look at Port... just look at..."

See it took our finals campaign (yes campaign not the other word) before the Squiggle finally pushed us into the window.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

53697461.jpg

Sadly for norf, though happily for the rest of the competition, Norf still have a bit of bottoming out to do, they need to give up on trying to buy players and get in some young high draft picks. I get not wanting to tank, but is it really tanking when you're that s**t?
Snake Baker says they're better than us?

Carlton brought in Judd to win a premiership and did not win one.

Richmond brought in Prestia and wins a premiership.

I am not saying Prestia is in the same class as Judd, but they both were high profile recruits.

Chris Judd trade from West Coast to Carlton finally complete

The Advertiser
October 11, 2007 12:00am

CHRIS Judd will leave West Coast for Carlton after the two AFL clubs announced a trade was completed today.

The Blues gave up draft picks three and 20 along with young key forward Josh Kennedy, in return for Judd and pick number 46 from the Eagles.

The deal was completed after Kennedy agreed today to join the Eagles, which had been the only hold-up on the deal.

Kennedy, 20, was drafted from Western Australia by the Blues in 2005.

Blues chief executive Greg Swann confirmed the deal had been completed late this morning.

"Chris Judd is the premier player in the competition and will be a major boost to Carlton as the club embarks on what is a new and exciting era," Swann said.

"We look forward to officially welcoming Chris to the Carlton Football Club later this afternoon."

The trade is one of the most significant in AFL history, with 24-year-old Judd the Eagles skipper and arguably the competition's best player.

The Eagles and Blues have been negotiating to work out a deal since Judd nominated Carlton as his preferred club nine days ago.

He told the Eagles he was leaving them to return to his native Melbourne two days after they bowed out of the finals series with a semi-final loss to Collingwood last month.

West Coast initially demanded Carlton's No.1 pick at least in return for Judd, but eventually conceded on that point, allowing the trade to go ahead.

Judd's list of achievements include winning the Brownlow Medal in 2004, the Norm Smith Medal in 2005 and captaining the Eagles to the premiership in 2006.

Judd says he was always confident West Coast and Carlton would agree to a deal.

In the words of a clearly excited Carlton media manager: "The Eagle has landed".

Judd said the past few weeks had been "pretty hectic" but he was delighted to have the paperwork completed and his move to Carlton signed, sealed and delivered.

"I didn't have huge doubts that the deal would get done," Judd said at a media conference at Carlton's Princes Park headquarters today.

Judd said he chose Carlton because he thought they were a "powerful Melbourne club" that was going places.

"They have got a young and exciting list," Judd said.

"I could be part of something from the ground up, that was the exciting part of it for me."

Judd had battled a groin injury for the second half of the season and had an operation in Sydney two weeks ago.

He said the surgery has helped ease some of the pain in his groin, but he will know more at a check-up in six weeks.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swann hailed it a "fantastic day" for the Blues after a "few anxious moments on the way".

"It's one of the most important days we've had here (at the football club)," Swann said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/judd-deal-done/news-story/9e063b8af10bbbe706d3eb8a539c629c

Bahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back