No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to #lolnorf if they actually survive this rebuild.
They have a coach who cannot coach and doesn't even want to be there. They have the worst list in the comp. They have zero leadership and no supporters.
I can't see them surviving much beyond the next five years.
Oh, we won a premiership and have 75,000 members.
#lolnorf

One of my patron's just laid a couple of bets with me, $20 carltoon beat tigs round 1, $20 that tigs don't make the 8

What's my chances?
Don't put it through the machine, just chuck it in the tip jar now. I rewatched our last game against them and Gibs held them together, that our shitful kicking for goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a really good fish n chip shop right near Arden street. If you can put up with the nose picker who serves you.

Meh, if you want to laugh at norf, wait until their financials come out.

Last year they made a token profit (~$80K), this year they dropped down the ladder, lost over 10% of their members and had around 20% fewer attend their home games. They generally keep a pretty tight rein on their expenses, but that's a lot of revenue lost.

10% of nothing is still nothing so no great loss in that department.

Breaking News: lolnorf paying for Stars at rival clubs

It can be revealed that Richmond and the Giants traded star players Dustin Martin and Josh Kelly to lolnorf at season's end. The duo were then traded back to their original clubs, in a complex deal involving the now delisted Lindsay Thomas.

The two deals were completed separately. Initially lolnorf approached Richmond about swapping Martin and Thomas. The deal hinged on lolnorf then agreeing to trade back Martin to the Tigers for Thomas, with lolnorf agreeing to pay a percentage of Martin's contract for the next seven years. This would then allow lolnorf to meet minimum total player payments obligations.

It was then realised that lolnorf would still be significantly short of meeting those obligations, so the deal was repeated with the Giants and Josh Kelly.

The combined outlay for lolnorf is a mid-six figure sum each year, but when asked to comment lolnorf coach Brad Scott said It was money well spent. "Obviously our list is very poor and the talent is just not there to reach our TPP obligations. We're just happy to hand something back to some of the clubs we've taken buckets of handout cash from over the seasons" said the coach, who considered leaving lolnorf last year.

lolnorf captain Jack Ziebell saw other positives with the two deals as well. "When these fine players are amassing 40 possession games against us next year we'll have a ready made excuse - that we were thinking they were still lolroo players".

The deal needed to be signed off by the AFL. CEO Gillin McLachlan stated "that it is the only way" that lolnorf could stay relevant, and expected the struggling club to get a short term boost from marketing the stars as former players. However he did concede that the AFL also had to act as guarantor for the portion of salary that lolnorf has agreed to pay the duo in the instance of the struggling club not being around by the time the deals expires. "That is a very real possibility" said the CEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back