No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should deliberately drop this week's game against Geelong. Makes it likely we'd play them in the QF again. They'd get totally ahead of themselves as the only team to beat Richmond at the G in 12 months.

Then we smack them by 60 points in week 1 of finals.

Scott said you'll need to put a gun to his head in order for him to pay us a compliment.
Scotty is a massive control freak! Just like his footy team...dour and boring!
Won't have a differing opinion to his own...combative attitude post game day loss...the dark eyes glowering at any question about how the team played poorly
It's always how he saw the game...no other opinion counts! Straight out of the MMalthouse book of dealing with difficult jurno questions post match!
Scotty really loves to show up any uppity journo with a smug at their expense reply...barely concealing his santimonious mirth...
It's all about Geelol...as for the rest it's 'They' 'Them'....
Definitely the best example of someone who think they are the smartest person in the room!
And those big words he likes to throw in now and again...really connects with the average punter!

Just listening to MMM and all i am hearing -Collingwood brave , if they didn't have injuries , how good they are . i had to check the news paper to see make sure the Tigers actually did win the game not one mention of the Tiger either good bad or indiferant.
Media just don't want to acknowledge that the Tigers are good

Just listening to MMM and all i am hearing -Collingwood brave , if they didn't have injuries , how good they are . i had to check the news paper to see make sure the Tigers actually did win the game not one mention of the Tiger either good bad or indiferant.
Revel in the salt. Telling you now the players, club and coaching staff would not even care.

The Tigers being good is old news to the media so they are constantly looking for new angles. Last year every time we beat a good side it was because they played badly. Now at least our wins are generally acknowledged as us being good but that does make for boring headlines.

The media are just waiting for us to fail and that then releases a whole new swathe of headlines about the premiership being anyones and we have hit the wall etc. etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

It'll be interesting to see how Collingwood go next year. They've adopted our run and gun style but don't seem to have prepared the players physically for it. If you tell players to run at 100% all the time as the game plan, they will do it. If they fade at the end of the game, and keep going at full tilt, they are more likely to get injured.
Having a softer draw because of finishing low on the ladder last year has given then wins, but next year they will have to play top teams multiple times. That is going to push the players even further into the red.
I think next year is the real test of them being a good side.

From the Essendon board. I love their enthusiasm but they're not beating West Coast in Perth with West Coast having a Week off

QF1: RICHMOND v Melbourne
QF2: WEST COAST v Collingwood
EF1: Geelong v ESSENDON
EF2: PORT ADELAIDE v GWS

SF1: Melbourne v ESSENDON
SF2: COLLINGWOOD v Port Adelaide

PF1: Richmond v COLLINGWOOD
PF2: West Coast v ESSENDON

GF: Collingwood v ESSENDON

Lol. I have Melbourne missing the 8 and Essendon 11th - that druggos fan is on drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back