No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like Kelly was content to stay at Geelong initially but his wife Caitlin says two of the three children have medical health issues and she felt the club did not provide adequate support.
She is entitled to speak out.
Kelly is one of their very best players and it is a tribute to his professionalism that he was able to focus on football despite family setbacks.

I heard some funny s**t from Geelong fans. Apparently the millions he’s earning from being a professional sportsperson should make everything okay. He should hire a nanny for the kids... I asked what he was meant to do on a salary of 80k less super and tax? The answer to that is that he should of been grateful he was given a chance, this despite the fact he told clubs he didn’t want to leave and the eagles told him they would draft him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard some funny s**t from Geelong fans. Apparently the millions he’s earning from being a professional sportsperson should make everything okay. He should hire a nanny for the kids... I asked what he was meant to do on a salary of 80k less super and tax? The answer to that is that he should of been grateful he was given a chance, this despite the fact he told clubs he didn’t want to leave and the eagles told him they would draft him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

* I hate that club .

loln0rf

images

Guy in the photo knocked back the money for wearing that shirt to put his old shirt back on.

In March
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/03/26/which-forward-setup-would-you-take-dons-or-tigers/

Three-time All-Australian Nick Dal Santo has lavished praise on Essendon’s attacking options, declaring he would take their setup ahead of Richmond’s in 2018.

The Bombers overcame a 20-point deficit at three quarter time to overrun Adelaide with a six goal to one final quarter on Friday night and secure a 12-point victory at Etihad Stadium.

“I would take Essendon (ahead of Richmond),” he said. “I look at their forward line Daniher, Hooker, Stewart, (Anthony) McDonald-Tipungwuti, (Devon) Smith and I like (Josh) Begley, and that doesn’t mention (Jake) Stringer, (David) Zaharakis who I think can go forward, (Josh) Green and (Orazio) Fantasia.

“Up and going, and when it’s played on their terms…when the game is run and gun, the shackles are off, almost a no lose consequence sort of attitude – they’re dangerous. “You get nervous playing on that sort of team.”

Now

St Kilda champion Nick Dal Santo says Richmond currently possess the best forward line in the competition. The Tigers added Gold Coast superstar Tom Lynch to their ranks during the trade period to what was an already potent forward line set-up.

“They might have had arguably the greatest forward line anyway,” Dal Santo told SEN Breakfast.

“The way they get that forward line to operate – you go Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Caddy, Jack Higgins, Daniel Rioli and Kane Lambert.

“I think that is the best forward line structure in the competition - it’s got talls, it’s got Caddy as that roaming third tall, it’s got forward line pressure and it’s got goal kickers. “That is the best forward line in the comp right now.”

Richmond were the second highest scoring team during the home-and-away season in 2018 and had the highest percentage out of all the 18 clubs.

Dal Santo believes Damien Hardwick’s side have all bases covered in attack.

West Coast is ruthless, delisting six players including their top player in the 2015 draft and four rookies.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...-six-west-coast-eagles-delisted-ng-b88998242z

I knew someone who was involved with the Swans a few years ago (pre-Buddy, so maybe more than "a few"...)

Their policy was that all draftees get 2 years to debut. If they can't get a senior game in that time, they're delisted. Seemed to work for them at the time, but it's hard to imagine building the Richmond-like culture when you keep sacking the kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raspberry Pepsi...
The Power has delisted Neade.
A talented player, but he only played 66 games over six years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back