No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Anyone would think Australia are s**t.
It would help if the selectors selected our best side.
I’d be dropping Starc for one, he’s the most overrated Test cricketer ever.
So predictable what he’s going to do, either inswinging Yorker or trash wide of off stump that’s not threatening at all and almost useless without the new bowl.

Yeah. Anyone would think Australia are s**t.
So predictable what he’s going to do, either inswinging Yorker or trash wide of off stump that’s not threatening at all and almost useless without the new bowl.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
At this stage the team that has won the toss has gone on to win the test match. India are overrated and have won three tosses and will win most likely 3-1. If Paine could have made the right call more often than a-hole I believe Australia could have easily won the series and at worst drawn it. Winning the toss and batting first is a huge advantage in the modern era.

Oh and the xxxxwit who decided to improve the bf website on New Years Day must have still been pissed from New Years Eve as it’s been shambles since.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Oh and the xxxxwit who decided to improve the bf website on New Years Day must have still been pissed from New Years Eve as it’s been shambles since
What is it they say...timing is everything.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners

Hear hear ! Good posting. Concise. Accurate. Punchy. Keep it up.

Starc bowls 2 deliveries: 1) a slant delivery wide of the off stump with little or no swing or cut and 2) a straight ball that again has little or no swing or cut. Very predictable.

In the Perth test they showed a graphic of Starcs bowling after 6 overs with the new ball. 80% of his deliveries were delivery 1 and from that, the batsman let the ball go through to the keeper most times. He's so easy and predictable to play. He wastes the new ball right now.

Can Staker get him to cut or swing it a bit more ? Or at least get him to throw in a few more different deliveries eg. Slow ball, bouncer, yorker or something on middle and leg with a bit of movement.

Speed is good, but otherwise geez he's annoying to watch at times.

lol hes stuffed up 45 times at freo and ross the boss still backs him in every year

He must have good boobies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the same bowler since #sandpapergate

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Hear hear ! Good posting. Concise. Accurate. Punchy. Keep it up.

Starc bowls 2 deliveries: 1) a slant delivery wide of the off stump with little or no swing or cut and 2) a straight ball that again has little or no swing or cut. Very predictable.

In the Perth test they showed a graphic of Starcs bowling after 6 overs with the new ball. 80% of his deliveries were delivery 1 and from that, the batsman let the ball go through to the keeper most times. He's so easy and predictable to play. He wastes the new ball right now.

Can Staker get him to cut or swing it a bit more ? Or at least get him to throw in a few more different deliveries eg. Slow ball, bouncer, yorker or something on middle and leg with a bit of movement.

Speed is good, but otherwise geez he's annoying to watch at times.
Gee Whiz you’re generous saying he has two stock balls as he’s become so predictable that all a smart batsman has to do is bat a bit forward of the crease and suddenly he will more often than not bowl a full toss on leg stump. He then loses control and then spays the rest where the batsman doesn’t have to bother playing at it.
In saying all this he should have been dropped for a bloke like Siddle who pitches them up and extracts bounce out off roads in the Subcontinent. Siddle makes the batsmen play at every ball and he compliments Hazelwood , whereas Starc gives the opposition an easy escape.
Siddle should play on flat tracks like Sydney bc he’s the donkey engine that will continue to work hard maintaining his concentration and accuracy and keeping the batsmen on the ball.
Unfortunately our batsmen have also been woeful with the top score by them has been 72 by Head and Kawaja. We don’t have a Geoff Marsh , Border or a Boon who will hang around killing each ball and consequently wearing the bowlers down.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Gee Whiz you’re generous saying he has two stock balls as he’s become so predictable that all a smart batsman has to do is bat a bit forward of the crease and suddenly he will more often than not bowl a full toss on leg stump. He then loses control and then spays the rest where the batsman doesn’t have to bother playing at it.
In saying all this he should have been dropped for a bloke like Siddle who pitches them up and extracts bounce out off roads in the Subcontinent. Siddle makes the batsmen play at every ball and he compliments Hazelwood , whereas Starc gives the opposition an easy escape.
Siddle should play on flat tracks like Sydney bc he’s the donkey engine that will continue to work hard maintaining his concentration and accuracy and keeping the batsmen on the ball.
Unfortunately our batsmen have also been woeful with the top score by them has been 72 by Head and Kawaja. We don’t have a Geoff Marsh , Border or a Boon who will hang around killing each ball and consequently wearing the bowlers down.
But we have the Marsh brothers.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Cricket has changed and moved on...not the same game I grew up with...
ACB has imo white anted the game from within...
Agree.Ever since local councils banned kids from playing the game on the street its gone backwards.We've lost the ability too dodge fast cars and balls.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Agree.Ever since local councils banned kids from playing the game on the street its gone backwards.We've lost the ability too dodge fast cars and balls.
Disagree, still fast enough to become the laughing stock of the cricketing world...

Hopefully James Pattinson is selected soon, an actual aggressive fast bowler attacks the stumps and batsman and makes them play.
If not for injuries he would be the clear number 1 bowler in the country.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Not the same bowler since #sandpapergate

Seems none of the bowlers can generate reverse swing like they did during the ashes. Now I think of it, none of them could before the ashes...

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,

No they don’t have Geoff Marsh , but we have both his sons

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Seems none of the bowlers can generate reverse swing like they did during the ashes. Now I think of it, none of them could before the ashes...

Need norton to come into the side

1546584772541.jpeg

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton

Now now, i'm pretty sure Warner was taping sandpaper around his fingers before last years ashes...............................wasn't he. :think:

4cc83d54642454451ded5ff95f49189c.jpg

Watching my birthday present early. Never actually watched the late season game against GWS in 2017.
Geez Browney was barracking hard against us in the box.

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Whose cat did Joe Burns run over, scoring runs in the shield and the selectors go to Marnus Labuschagne and Peter Handscomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back