No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urgh first game today is St Kilda v GCS.

This may actually be the worst played game of the weekend. Do I watch it for how horrifying it could be or give it a miss?
Watch it for miles and lukosius

Did Corey Ellis get a game or is he even too s**t to get a game at the suns

so far, 6-6-6, no Floodgates yet...

but let's bash it this way.....Low scores.

(if Floodgates open, then bash it this way.....I told you so, Floodgates are wide open)

All bases covered....
Hasnt changed the game 1 bit. Richmond have already worked the way around it in 1 week. No runners has been good must admit.

Why is everyone so obsessed with scoring lots of goals doesn’t equal entertaining just means both sides are s**t
Careful stevi , it’s a crime to be sensible when talking footy. Apparently at mind control AfL house the brains trust are under the impression that a down hill skiing shootout is the best brand of footy money can buy. We must be the outliers that value a gruelling contest then get on the break and score ,,, naaaa who’s like that . With shocking at the wheel I have genuine concerns where it’s all going , more than I’ve ever had

Urgh first game today is St Kilda v GCS.

This may actually be the worst played game of the weekend. Do I watch it for how horrifying it could be or give it a miss?
Or is could be the best game of the weekend, both sides with nothing to lose so they might just go for it.

This could be the game the AFL showcase as a win for their new stupid rules because both teams scored 100.................and it could show what is going to happen to GC and StK for the entire year if both concede 100 points.
so far, 6-6-6, no Floodgates yet...

but let's bash it this way.....Low scores.

(if Floodgates open, then bash it this way.....I told you so, Floodgates are wide open)

All bases covered....
6-6-6 won't open the floodgates as it pushes the players back towards the goals thus creating congestion in the forward 50's, the AFL in their obsession to open up the middle of the ground have clogged up the area of the ground where goals are kicked from.

IMO they should abolish 6-6-6 as well as the kick in rule. Hasn't worked and it won't work for what they cooked up in their brains.

Happy for bongs Lloyd big game for him he really should of played more here

22 disposals 2 clearances 3 tackles 2 goals 8 score involvements
Rapt for him
Hopefully Miles can have similar impact aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting comment by Cam Rayner of the Lions, talking of hatred for the Pies.
“Definitely the Collingwood game on the Thursday night.
“I think we’re starting to build a bit of a rivalry with Collingwood, especially from last year.
“I think the boys will get up a little bit more for that game.”

Saints are paying hanners 800k a year over 4 years with an option for a 5th that’s madness he’s a shadow of what he was that’s at least 300k too much
Jeez I read that as 800K for 4 years!
800K a year!?! Hahahahaaa...

Interesting comment by Cam Rayner of the Lions, talking of hatred for the Pies.
“Definitely the Collingwood game on the Thursday night.
“I think we’re starting to build a bit of a rivalry with Collingwood, especially from last year.
“I think the boys will get up a little bit more for that game.”
Lol I like Brisbane and Raynor but you’d think their top hated teams would be the one’s that they haven’t beaten in ten years. :D

Plenty of likeable youth though. A successful Brisbane would be great for the comp IMO
Considering the nth qld cowboys are asking the fed government for a 30mil handout otherwise they might fold.
Good timing for the AFL if the Lions can get their act together.

Why is everyone so obsessed with scoring lots of goals doesn’t equal entertaining just means both sides are s**t

Duh, because high scores mean more goals which means more adverts so we can keep up on what’s happening on My Kitchen Rules this week and know the betting odds from Sportsbet, plus they throw in a news update sometimes so we can keep up with the day’s important news stories like that road rage incident in Keilor. It’s super convenient! :drunk:

Hasnt changed the game 1 bit. Richmond have already worked the way around it in 1 week. No runners has been good must admit.

Is there extra space? that’s debateable. But I think since 2016 the game is just getting faster and faster as teams first matched the dogs then us. You’ve now got games where it’s get it forward at all cost, forward pressure is at a premium and building a wall across the middle of the ground for repeat entries.

It just means that while it’s harder to get thru the wall it’s still harder for the attacking team to score due to congestion in forward half.

Also means teams have to be fitter to force turn overs and then run to provide space on the break. Fitness leads to drop off in skills, which in turn makes defending easier. We’ve got low scores cos team defence is up, skills are lower and players are forced to work harder to score.

Overall this probably suits us the most cos we’re fitter and faster than everyone, especially at the G where we can exhaust teams.

It’s also why I think we can cover Rance, we’ve got a really high team defence, we don’t rely on him like 2013-2016/7. He’s still a huge loss from our intercept game (no.1 in the comp since forever) but we have other high quality ones in Vlas, Houli, Grimes and a lesser extent Astbury. So it’ll hurt a bit offensively, but I think our defence will still be hard to score against.

Richo thinks the Roos will make the eight.
Wait to see.
Certainly, cannot rule out the Power and Lions as new arrivals.
Port lost their last four matches to miss the eight last year.

Is there extra space? that’s debateable. But I think since 2016 the game is just getting faster and faster as teams first matched the dogs then us. You’ve now got games where it’s get it forward at all cost, forward pressure is at a premium and building a wall across the middle of the ground for repeat entries.

It just means that while it’s harder to get thru the wall it’s still harder for the attacking team to score due to congestion in forward half.

Also means teams have to be fitter to force turn overs and then run to provide space on the break. Fitness leads to drop off in skills, which in turn makes defending easier. We’ve got low scores cos team defence is up, skills are lower and players are forced to work harder to score.

Overall this probably suits us the most cos we’re fitter and faster than everyone, especially at the G where we can exhaust teams.

It’s also why I think we can cover Rance, we’ve got a really high team defence, we don’t rely on him like 2013-2016/7. He’s still a huge loss from our intercept game (no.1 in the comp since forever) but we have other high quality ones in Vlas, Houli, Grimes and a lesser extent Astbury. So it’ll hurt a bit offensively, but I think our defence will still be hard to score against.

We will setup for Vlas to be that intercept man , there are several ways to skin the cat . Exciting to see it unfold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back