No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods are brave.

Are you prepped for game days when we’re all crap talking the opposition teams and their posters come in to defend their teams?

Might have to get the popcorn.gif ready for the fireworks. :D

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Umm big mistake, this thread was our opportunity to hang crap on oppo's or talk about oppo games amongst ourselves without the offended coming in here returning fire and then it ends up a free for all, will not end well trust me.
Agreed, we have the game day threads and bantar thread for them to come in.

Snake really softened the mods up with his best post ever lol

Mods are brave.

Are you prepped for game days when we’re all crap talking the opposition teams and their posters come in to defend their teams?

Might have to get the popcorn.gif ready for the fireworks. :D

this is a general response, so not aimed at you directly (e.g when I say 'you' i mean everyone)

But everyone is responsible for what they post.

If you don't want to have to defend something you have posted, don't post it here, use TCH.

If you want to call out an opposition player for a bad game or whatever, go for it, but know that you may have to defend your opinion without crossing that line and without crying 'troll!' just because someone else defends their player.

As long as we all debate / discuss within the guidelines and rules, simples!

What a lot of people don't realise is we have a lot of fantastic football minded people on our board with the ability to have some seriously good discussion about a whole range of things. We need to embrace this.

Umm big mistake, this thread was our opportunity to hang crap on oppo's or talk about oppo games amongst ourselves without the offended coming in here returning fire and then it ends up a free for all, will not end well trust me.
use TCH sub forum if you want to do that, no one else is allowed in there.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
use TCH sub forum if you want to do that, no one else is allowed in there.
Not going to end well. Hope your prepared for the countless " * off back to your own board " comments.
All it's going to take is an oppo to come here and hang s**t for all hell to break loose. There are countless other threads for oppo's to come in and chat but this is the one thread for us to vent/ hang crap, laugh, talk etc without oppo interaction.

Not going to end well. Hope your prepared for the countless " **** off back to your own board " comments.
All it's going to take is an oppo to come here and hang **** for all hell to break loose. There are countless other threads for oppo's to come in and chat but this is the one thread for us to vent/ hang crap, laugh, talk etc without oppo interaction.
I think that is very fair comment.
But let's see how it goes.
If it doesn't work, we'll admit it and change it back.

Not going to end well. Hope your prepared for the countless " **** off back to your own board " comments.
All it's going to take is an oppo to come here and hang **** for all hell to break loose. There are countless other threads for oppo's to come in and chat but this is the one thread for us to vent/ hang crap, laugh, talk etc without oppo interaction.

as long as those who want to write '* off back to your own board' know they will cop a day off for it, they can go for it!

and the oppo posters have to play by the same rules. if they come in here and troll straight off the bat, they are gone.

it's pretty simple.

you can still vent and hang crap on oppo teams without oppo people even seeing it in The Corner Hotel, which as even safer place!

I think people are seriously over estimating how often oppo posters will be here tbh.

when it is game day for other teams, they are going to be on their own board, none of them will be giving a crap about what we are talking about.

I think we can all embrace this positive change and it wont be as bad or as different as some might think it will be.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
as long as those who want to write '**** off back to your own board' know they will cop a day off for it, they can go for it!

and the oppo posters have to play by the same rules. if they come in here and troll straight off the bat, they are gone.

it's pretty simple.

you can still vent and hang crap on oppo teams without oppo people even seeing it in The Corner Hotel, which as even safer place!
No one goes to TCH, half the time you forget it's even there. Go to the MB and see how interaction between tigers and oppo's go, not well so why do you think it will be all smiley faces in here. As Tugga said, see how it goes and if it doesn't work then change it back to NO OPPO"s ALLOWED.

this is a general response, so not aimed at you directly (e.g when I say 'you' i mean everyone)

But everyone is responsible for what they post.

If you don't want to have to defend something you have posted, don't post it here, use TCH.

If you want to call out an opposition player for a bad game or whatever, go for it, but know that you may have to defend your opinion without crossing that line and without crying 'troll!' just because someone else defends their player.

As long as we all debate / discuss within the guidelines and rules, simples!

What a lot of people don't realise is we have a lot of fantastic football minded people on our board with the ability to have some seriously good discussion about a whole range of things. We need to embrace this.
I know this wasn’t directed to me, but I’m actually ok with this thread.

There’s a lot of opposition supporters I like and wouldn’t mind having a conversation with them.

There are however also a lot of Richmond posters that are already feeling like we get the short end of the stick elsewhere on this forum and are probably not going to like even the thought of having a thread like this on our board.

Just, I hope you guys are prepared for the abuse you’re probably going to cop from some people (oppo supporters and Richmond supporters alike) is all.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

If it seriously becomes an issue, it’s just as easy to make it no oppo posters again as it was to change it.

Most oppo posters are in their own game threads during games anyway, not looking what other boards are saying about them.

I know this wasn’t directed to me, but I’m actually ok with this thread.

There’s a lot of opposition supporters I like and wouldn’t mind having a conversation with them.

There are however also a lot of Richmond posters that are already feeling like we get the short end of the stick elsewhere on this forum and are probably not going to like even the thought of having a thread like this on our board.

Just, I hope you guys are prepared for the abuse you’re probably going to cop from some people (oppo supporters and Richmond supporters alike) is all.

got my Stack hat on and ready to go!:D

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
might start a OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIII MKII no opposition supporters thread

No one goes to TCH, half the time you forget it's even there. Go to the MB and see how interaction between tigers and oppo's go, not well so why do you think it will be all smiley faces in here. As Tugga said, see how it goes and if it doesn't work then change it back to NO OPPO"s ALLOWED.

I think it will be different here because we have a pretty bloody good bunch of posters who for the most part are sensible and love to talk footy.

I'd like to think we can be better in having proper discussions for once.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Oppos will be like this at sunrise just waiting to get onto this thread.
1557471476549.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back