No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto, this is more for the whipper snappers who post in here. You know how us old cynical blokes carry on and bitch about how footy was better in the 80’s and 90’s? Well check out some of this media stuff from Rex Hunt. And remember it’s real, when callers weren’t compromised and were allowed to entertain. And we were allowed to be adults. Not the sanitised, pc, unwatchable crap we have going on now.

Clip one - Rex v smoker (that’s right, we could smoke in our seats once upon a time)...

Now this next one is a cracker. Former 3aw legend Sam Newman is now working for Triple M in this call. He storms the 3aw box during a live broadcast. Enjoy....

And finally, Naishs goal from the 95 semi....turn it up, loud.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Bugger it, here’s the whole 1995 semi with the 3aw radio call over it. How much better is this call to what you hear these days?

Bugger it, here’s the whole 1995 semi with the 3aw radio call over it. How much better is this call to what you hear these days?

What the hell was Turner thinking playing on after marking in the square?

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Righto, this is more for the whipper snappers who post in here. You know how us old cynical blokes carry on and bitch about how footy was better in the 80’s and 90’s? Well check out some of this media stuff from Rex Hunt. And remember it’s real, when callers weren’t compromised and were allowed to entertain. And we were allowed to be adults. Not the sanitised, pc, unwatchable crap we have going on now.

Clip one - Rex v smoker (that’s right, we could smoke in our seats once upon a time)...

Now this next one is a cracker. Former 3aw legend Sam Newman is now working for Triple M in this call. He storms the 3aw box during a live broadcast. Enjoy....

Disgraceful. Just disgraceful.

That clip from the '95 Semi finishes just before we see the slo-mo of the Turner/O'Donnell hit. Changed the game.

Black Child

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Some of my earliest memories from being a Tiger were from the 1995 finals series.
We had a pretty good team back then.
Shame that was our one and only shot at a flag with that team.
The fact that Carlton haven't won anything since then makes me very happy.
I'm not sure how I would cope if I ever have the misfortune of seeing a Carlton v Collingwood grand final.

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC

Good old rexy.... Who would have thought that he had 2 hookers on his payroll for years 😂

I have a bad feeling that Collingwood are going to pull one out of their arse tonight

Disregard it brother. I’ll make the call that WCE are about to get on a roll and could still finish top of the ladder yet. They are just starting to get rolling and the pies are that out of form.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Lol all the commentators saying it was a Sheedy trick to use the stretcher after Scotty had knocked O'Donnell out.
And a bit later he cleaned up Grenvold and they missed that too!

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Johnno who doesn't watch our games again tipping against us.

Shai Bolton again to miss out on the RS nom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Disregard it brother. I’ll make the call that WCE are about to get on a roll and could still finish top of the ladder yet. They are just starting to get rolling and the pies are that out of form.

#pieshaveinjuries by 4 points in the upset of the round

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
What for ?
What was said re Jack?
Wtf why’s he having a go at Jack?

Top five figures who hated the media before working in it

1. Jack Riewoldt

In 2014, Riewoldt banned himself from making any media comment after the media put attention on his omission from Richmond's leadership group.
"This is off my own bat," he said. "If I can't be portrayed the way I want to be portrayed, then I will give it a bit of a miss."
What followed were the comical scenes where Riewoldt tried to hide from the media behind a parked car before scurrying to catch a train all with the goal to escape a few photographers and microphones.
I do find it ironic that Riewoldt is basically the face of Fox Footy’s AFL coverage and he seems to jump behind a camera or a microphone at every opportunity. He appears in promo after promo and is in front of the camera more than any current player in the game.
How ironic.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/07...es-that-hated-the-media-before-working-in-it/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back