No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles did what we do against the Pies when the game is there to be won. Let Cox take a mark on the wing, allowed Sidearse to run around by himself, allowed about 5 injury mids on the defensive side of every stoppage.

Very good win by Collingwood interstate. West Coast came to play but they were blitzed in general play in that last quarter.

Eagles had 3 scoring shots in the whole of the second half, so they have themselves to blame for the loss. I don’t know whether this is good or bad for us, but our main focus is on our own games as we play both teams in the run home

It's good for us as it makes Geelong safe in first while keeping fourth place open for us to take.
Round 23 could decide fourth spot between us and Brisbane.

Eagles had no run second half, if any team can keep with them in first half then the eagles are going to struggle

Good for us, I think. Keeps the 4 more even, 2 is still available, and less chance of a final in Perth.
I think you’re right. It decreases the chances of a final in Perth should we make top 4. I’d rather an MCG final against Geelong/Collingwood/West Coast than one at Optus Stadium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was in two minds on this match.
One on hand, wanted WC to lose to show they are beatable.
On the other, wanted Cwood to lose, creating space in the top four.
I feared Cwood going into finals last year, they are so even.

I actually think it was a good result for us. Win sunday and we're a game behind both and we play both in the run home - its in our hands if we're good enough..

hopefully thats pies big "grand final" win out of the way and we'll pummel them in a couple weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back