No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. And even some of the radical suggestions coach’s will still get around. For example 16 a side. What do you think clubs will do ? They’ll just recruit and build with more athletes who can run to defend and that will have other consequences eg perhaps a drop in skill levels.

That seems the most likely consequence of both reducing on-field numbers - and extending the bench for that matter.

More athletes, fewer pure footballers.

Just wish all these professional tinkerers would leave the bloody game alone.

I know I was just referencing your comment about suburban grounds.

I don’t think any rule changes will have much of an impact on creating higher scoring or un defending the game. Think this is what it is, and will be. I don’t really care. Not sure, as you state, if anything is necessarily worse v the old days when you look at the full gamut of games being played. You’ll always get one or two average to poor ones but you got that in the past too.
Tbh I felt a lot of the very recent rule changes were designed to stop our chaos, and prior to the 666 we always had a spare man at the back, is that defensive ? I’m not sure it allowed us to rush forward, so I would say it was attacking.

our chaos game certainly didn’t have low score from our side, but definitely stopped oppos from posting big scores, the AFL (cats mafia) tried to curb that.

now before you start laughing at conspiracy theory, the great soothsayer Gerard Whateley was sprouting 666 twelve months before, he was also the champion of 17 minute quarters and the “look” of the game. He waged a campaign for 17 minutes towards the end of last year When the scats were being overun.

we have the no prior opportunity bullshit because Gerard Healy started sprouting about it, some sections of the media hold too much sway

will be at richmond as an assistant in the future for sure

will decline a new senior gig

was a Richmond supporter as a kid too
Had a poster of kB on his wall

That seems the most likely consequence of both reducing on-field numbers - and extending the bench for that matter.

Exactly. It’s not the look or style of the game that shits me, it’s the endless rule changes and, importantly, the endless interpretation changes. Every single year seems everyone has to adjust to new rules and usually overkilled interpretation changes that have zero overall impact on the game other than to continue to frustrate the fans and players as consistency goes right out the door.

How about you get caught with the ball pay a free, throw it pay a free, drop it pay a free, that would stop 6 people laying on the ground on top of the ball carrier.

the NRL was blighted by people laying on the ball carrier , they changed one rule now you don’t get that s**t anymore, the game flows, pay the free as it was written in the rules not as the interpretations we have now.

we no longer have rules but interpretations to give the umpires an out and the AFL to manipulate, 4 umpires 4 interpertations

Exactly. It’s not the look or style of the game that shits me, it’s the endless rule changes and, importantly, the endless interpretation changes. Every single year seems everyone has to adjust to new rules and usually overkilled interpretation changes that have zero overall impact on the game other than to continue to frustrate the fans and players as consistency goes right out the door.

Couldn't agree more.

Players often unwilling to put their head over the ball and win it at ground level was just a horrible sight in the Bears/Scats game, talk about unintended consequences. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more.

Players often unwilling to put their head over the ball and win it at ground level was just a horrible sight in the Bears/Scats game, talk about unintended consequences. :rolleyes:
Looked like under 8s. Embarrassing stuff. They’ll ban kicking off the ground soon and players will start diving to the ground and punching it forward lmao.

we no longer have rules but interpretations to give the umpires an out and the AFL to manipulate, 4 umpires 4 interpertations

That probably shits me - and everyone it seems - more than anything rule related.

Looked like under 8s. Embarrassing stuff. They’ll ban kicking off the ground soon and players will start diving to the ground and punching it forward lmao.

Nothing would surprise me at this point, Bristle Twat and Broose were endorsing the 'nobody win the ball at ground level' look during last night's game. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back