Not open for further replies.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
In the game last night they put up a table or “ladder” on how many games teams have lost to injured players. We were down near the bottom with about 34 whereas freo was up at around 100? Pies about 50. Surely that is wrong and open to interpretation? how do they conclusively decide who is best 22? I know we’ve been impacted a fair bit by injury Astbury, Cotch, Prestia, Nank, Caddy all missing multiple weeks for starters yet looking at that table apparently we’ve had a dream run :drunk:

Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
In the game last night they put up a table or “ladder” on how many games teams have lost to injured players. We were down near the bottom with about 34 whereas freo was up at around 100? Pies about 50. Surely that is wrong and open to interpretation? how do they conclusively decide who is best 22? I know we’ve been impacted a fair bit by injury Astbury, Cotch, Prestia, Nank, Caddy all missing multiple weeks for starters yet looking at that table apparently we’ve had a dream run :drunk:

Do they include Rance in ours?

He`s still on our list, I bet they include Beams.

What time of the game roughly did they put that up?

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Just dumb. One team might have their bottom 10 players out, who get replaced with other fringe players, and it looks like they've been crippled by injuries. Then another team might have 5 players who are in the top 10 at that club out. That hurts far more, but it only looks half as bad on the "injury ladder".

richo's dodgy hammy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
manchester united

Only ever seems to pop up in Collingwood games🙄

Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL

It didn`t say best 22, so it`s probably just anyone on the injury list who isn`t available to be picked.

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 14.42.22.png

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
South Australian footy is funny.
Very rarely have a year where both teams play well.
Was also pleased Freo defeated the Pies.
Took the publicity away from West Coast.

Soberian Tiger

Borat's cousin twice removed from village
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
It didn`t say best 22, so it`s probably just anyone on the injury list who isn`t available to be picked.

View attachment 926366
The injury ladder IS BEST 22.
North on top with 54 games lost. Richmond 17th with 14, one more than Saints on bottom.

This, of course, is a stat of dubious quality. Best 22 could be the best player in the team or the 22nd best.

Who decides the best 22, anyway? Player rankings? We know how dodgy they are.

Also, injuries to non-best players can hurt more sometimes. If Lynch and Riewoldt went down now, the injury to CCJ would really hurt (he doesn't count, obviously, as he's not best 22), whereas other (best 22) players may be more easily covered.

All in all, it's a lot more complicated than this ladder shows.

Last edited:

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
What I can't understand why hasn't both QLD
teams be made to travel more often to WA or SA lucky only one time they basically been home all the time which is laughable by the afl hugely favourable .Like someone suggested on mainboard we should have got the lions in SA and Port couple days later instead we got a 4 day breake and travel with it to.

The same goes for eagles and freo played rd 2 to 6 away surely next lot of fixtures they need to go interstate and away.

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Have the media subtly pointed in Brook Cotchin’s direction after Gerard W statement that Cotchins are in conflict with AFL and Tigers? Eddie and Bucks must be rubbing hands with glee. Boys club in action again.

Serenity_Now

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
What I can't understand why hasn't both QLD
teams be made to travel more often to WA or SA lucky only one time they basically been home all the time which is laughable by the afl hugely favourable .Like someone suggested on mainboard we should have got the lions in SA and Port couple days later instead we got a 4 day breake and travel with it to.

The same goes for eagles and freo played rd 2 to 6 away surely next lot of fixtures they need to go interstate and away.
It’s because they’ve gotten lucky with the season, they played the WA and SA teams at the start of the year while they were hubbing in Queensland. Now it’s just worked out for them that everyone else is up in Queensland.

Edit: also probably a waste of money to send them to another state just for the sake of it.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
This thread is just Eagles supporters sooking about us being better then them lmao

Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Mitch Cleary back at work today, last week AFL media made a decision not to publish the names of the family members involved in the breaches.

Mitch Cleary broke his department`s editorial decision and posted the info on his own personal twitter account.

He then spoke to his editor and realised he made a mistake and removed the tweet.

The matter was handled internally and Mitch was back today co-hosting the weekly show AFL Exchange on afl.com.au

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Have the media subtly pointed in Brook Cotchin’s direction after Gerard W statement that Cotchins are in conflict with AFL and Tigers? Eddie and Bucks must be rubbing hands with glee. Boys club in action again.
Wankley is a soft scats campaigner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back