No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice a few of the Pies players are scared of body contact?

Principally, Stephenson, Daicos, and Phillips when he plays. Cryin Miers like. About 4-5 Port scores happened because Stephenson and Daicos had no physical presence or intent in contests.

And Grundy last night, not sure why he is so bad but he was atrocious, hitout after hitout to disadvantage, fumbling, no presence in the ruck follow up situations. About 4 Port scores happened because the 7 x $1m man messed up.

They are a mess the Pies. Some of our blokes might not seem the most polished players in footy, but give me our little blokes any day over these commentator favourites who just jump out of the way in the face of incoming traffic. I find it difficult to watch, but strangely beautiful, because they are Magpies.

“I don’t need a flag to complete my life” Buckley has clearly lost the plot.
You missed Sidebottom.

As does hard at it opposition. Sidebottom is a good player, but he lurks in the spaces and eschews contact.

Give me Baker any day.

Anyone else notice a few of the Pies players are scared of body contact?

Principally, Stephenson, Daicos, and Phillips when he plays. Cryin Miers like. About 4-5 Port scores happened because Stephenson and Daicos had no physical presence or intent in contests.

And Grundy last night, not sure why he is so bad but he was atrocious, hitout after hitout to disadvantage, fumbling, no presence in the ruck follow up situations. About 4 Port scores happened because the 7 x $1m man messed up.

They are a mess the Pies. Some of our blokes might not seem the most polished players in footy, but give me our little blokes any day over these commentator favourites who just jump out of the way in the face of incoming traffic. I find it difficult to watch, but strangely beautiful, because they are Magpies.

“I don’t need a flag to complete my life” Buckley has clearly lost the plot.
What I did notice was that Stephenson looked VERY unhappy the whole match and was second guessing himself in every contest. Either he has lost all confidence or he has been told he wont be there next year. Even when he kicked his goal there was not a smile or a celebration. Very bad body language.

We will loose to the bears than win the next 3
If we lose to the bears I rkn they will take out the lot
Similar situation to us in 17 when we finally beat Geelong after they had the wood over us

Bogey side, we have won 3 of the last 4 times we have played them lol
They're our bogey side when we fly in on the day of the game, on a 4-day break, without Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Nankervis, Astbury and Graham, with mentally weak reserve grade umpires rewarding every gutless flop they perform. Whenever that happens we struggle to beat them.

Brad crouch has nominated geesook seriously dont this minnow club have a salary cap and it shits me every uncontracted player is linked to them

Geelong is doing a great job of staying up. But Crouch isn't what they need. He'll help them stay in contention for another year. But their game style is easily undone by intense pressure. Crouch won't help with that.

And Crouch will help reduce their upcoming quality kids. So when the old guys go they'll fall down without much to rely on coming through. I see them as a bit like the Coyote running in mid air right now.

Having said that they could win it this year. But I doubt it.

Geelong is doing a great job of staying up. But Crouch isn't what they need. He'll help them stay in contention for another year. But their game style is easily undone by intense pressure. Crouch won't help with that.

And Crouch will help reduce their upcoming quality kids. So when the old guys go they'll fall down without much to rely on coming through. I see them as a bit like the Coyote running in mid air right now.

Having said that they could win it this year. But I doubt it.
I suppose he is a plodder like jack Steven they have so many players over 30 it’s funny as hell I can’t wait til they fall down

He's no Dusty.
Dusty got better after re-signing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad crouch has nominated geesook seriously dont this minnow club have a salary cap and it shits me every uncontracted player is linked to them
The trick is every player is linked to them then they end up with players like jack steven, rohan and dahlhause on bugger all coin

Edit: Just saw they're also front of the queue for cameron, god knows how they could afford both

Last edited:
The trick is every player is linked to them then they end up with players like jack steven, rohan and dahlhause on bugger all coin
Why didn't Deledio end up there? They were chasing him and he fitted their profile perfectly, especially as his body was rapidly aging away his ability. Or did he just cost too much?

Why didn't Deledio end up there? They were chasing him and he fitted their profile perfectly, especially as his body was rapidly aging away his ability. Or did he just cost too much?
I thought we couldn't agree to a deal? I'm pretty sure we asked for caddy straight swap and they said no so it stalled, then GWS approached him and as they were easier to deal with that went through. Not sure if there was anything behind closed doors though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back