No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deboy umpiring country league now I see
campaigner will never umpire again once it gets reviewed

“It’s also believed the club had previously formally complained to the league about the umpire who gave the decision, and this was the official’s first game back in charge of a Donald match.”

“It’s also believed the club had previously formally complained to the league about the umpire who gave the decision, and this was the official’s first game back in charge of a Donald match.”

******* disgrace mate , I don’t care what people say , I rekon at all levels if an umpire doesn’t like a club they will go dry with no lube, ala Deboy and Richmond.

5 or 6 years ago in the A League Melbourne Victory were copping a raw deal from a ref named Stebre Delovski. He was deciding matches by conveniently missing penalties for MV and dubiously awarding some the other way. He and the league would come out during the week saying the usual "soz lol got it wrong pls forgive". MV eventually put in an official complaint against the ref. I'm having trouble to find the stats but I remember at the time amongst other MV supporters mentioning we haven't seen him ref us for a while. This article is dated Feb '15 so would have been towards the end of that season and I don't believe we saw him ref another game for us until sometime the following season. Richmond must at least confront the AFL and enquire about Deboy even if they don't register a complaint.

5 or 6 years ago in the A League Melbourne Victory were copping a raw deal from a ref named Stebre Delovski. He was deciding matches by conveniently missing penalties for MV and dubiously awarding some the other way. He and the league would come out during the week saying the usual "soz lol got it wrong pls forgive". MV eventually put in an official complaint against the ref. I'm having trouble to find the stats but I remember at the time amongst other MV supporters mentioning we haven't seen him ref us for a while. This article is dated Feb '15 so would have been towards the end of that season and I don't believe we saw him ref another game for us until sometime the following season. Richmond must at least confront the AFL and enquire about Deboy even if they don't register a complaint.

I know somewhere in this thread there was a stat of Deboys free kicks. Is that a true stat?
There are 3 officials in every AFL game with power to award frees. Which should help fairness of officiating compared to games with one official

Why didn't they beat him up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I do like with the round ball is it's really one blokes view (barring VAR interference of course or if he consults a linesman)

At least that way you get a more consistent adjudication. Part of this s**t thing with our umps is not only is it a lot of rule technicalities but we have a bunch of blokes out there with different ideas and biases. For example you get one bloke like Deboy who is way off and he gets away with it because there's other blokes out there absorbing his numbers. Then you get decisions which based on previous calls are completely ridiculous more often.

One thing I do like with the round ball is it's really one blokes view (barring VAR interference of course or if he consults a linesman)

At least that way you get a more consistent adjudication. Part of this sh*t thing with our umps is not only is it a lot of rule technicalities but we have a bunch of blokes out there with different ideas and biases. For example you get one bloke like Deboy who is way off and he gets away with it because there's other blokes out there absorbing his numbers. Then you get decisions which based on previous calls are completely ridiculous more often.

I've always said this too. If you get a s**t ref at least you usually know he's going to be making s**t calls both ways. The ref will always set the tone early, whether that's just his interpretation or if he's going to call touchy fouls or not and the players adjust, then you generally get a pretty consistently officiated game. Not like AFL where you get 3 different interpretations of ambiguously written rules.

they have no ******* clue the media
This cannot be stated enough.

Imagine being extremely well paid for being unbelievably incompetent and unprofessional. Sound too good to be true? Look at the *******s we have to put up with when we want to watch, listen or read about the footyball. It's quite fitting that the worst run professional sporting body in the world has the world's worst media industry covering it.

Last edited:
I've always said this too. If you get a sh*t ref at least you usually know he's going to be making sh*t calls both ways. The ref will always set the tone early, whether that's just his interpretation or if he's going to call touchy fouls or not and the players adjust, then you generally get a pretty consistently officiated game. Not like AFL where you get 3 different interpretations of ambiguously written rules.
Does anyone know where the stats are for free kicks by each umpire?

Imagine being extremely well paid for being unbelievably incompetent and unprofessional. Sound too good to be true? Look at the *******s we have to put up with when we want to watch, listen or read about the footyball. It's quite fitting the that the worst run professional sporting body in the world has the world's worst media industry covering it.
Couldn’t agree more

Does anyone know where the stats are for free kicks by each umpire?

People quote them so I'm unsure where they come from. I just knew the other night that almost every time we had a whistle against us I noticed it was #11 Deboy. Apparently of his 17 free paid 14 were to Port.

Imagine being extremely well paid for being unbelievably incompetent and unprofessional. Sound too good to be true? Look at the *******s we have to put up with when we want to watch, listen or read about the footyball. It's quite fitting that the worst run professional sporting body in the world has the world's worst media industry covering it.

I like this alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back